DVDVR Message Board

ALL OUT PPV - August 31, 2019

RIPPA

12 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

We're spending far too much time on this Punk thing. 

One person is spending far too much time on it

Everyone else should have found the ignore

• Like 2

I miss the local classic rock radio station playing old timey radio plays late at night. 

The only question I have with Spears/Cody is who is going to screw Cody out of a win?* No way do they spend this time building Spears up without giving him at least a bullshit win here. If he loses, Cody's 'good hand' comment is realized and Spears is effectively done. 

*The Shadow knows

Edited by Oyaji
  • Like 2

• RIPPA locked this topic
5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I ordered it on B/R for the $49.99. I have no doubts I will feel I've gotten my money's worth at the end of the show.

Yeah, nothing wrong with that as you are a fan, so I'm sure you would more than likely pay that to watch it, but to someone who isn't particularly a fan of the product, $49.99 is way to much. More so now that there's endless footage available for much less. The cost of an AEW PPV is the equivalent of 5 months of the WWE Network, 5 months of New Japan World, 5 months of Independent Wrestling TV or 5 months of the Highspots Network. I get why they charge that and I also understand why anyone would shell that much out for it, but in my opinion it's still too much and not an ideal price to grow a new fan base. By the way, that wasn't a jab at you or anyone who actually ordered it -- it's just my opinion on their PPV pricing model.

I'm only okay supporting that price because it's only 4 shows a year. If it were monthly like UFC, I just can't afford that.

Anyway, easily their best show with everything on the card delivering something, even the Dark Order/Best Friends tag stinking we got the perfect debut of OC. The show structure still feels off with following insane stunt shows with regular wrestling matches with little heat (tag + joshi match). 

RIP Shawn Spears main event player

RIP Flair's Shadow ?

• Like 1

Just now, D.Z said:

EDWUh8VU4AM69Wh?format=jpg&name=large

All for 2 minutes of TV time, all of which her poor dog was DYING from fear. RIP Pharaoh also.

The Mjeff turn is going to be so good, bitching about having to dress like a nerd virgin for Cody. Really loved his subtle mannerisms post match, like he was thinking about doing it but thought it better saved for later.

• Like 2

3 things from the little I've seen:

For a guy who's taken a number of jabs at Triple H and WWE, Cody really does rely on nostalgia pops, interference's and tomfoolery in his matches.

The constant cuts to fan reactions similar to the WWE's is pretty lame.

Their fans need to stop taking jabs at the WWE. That sign with Roman Reigns, Undertaker and Vince McMahon was cringy.

With that said -- regardless of the cheap nostalgia pop, that Arn Anderson spinebuster was great.

Edited by Edwin

This was pretty fun, though that Cody/Spears match was a big old nonsensical stinker. After Triplemania I had incredibly low hopes for another Lucha Bros/Bucks tag but that shit was awesome, as was the Shida/Riho match (despite the placement) and the 3 way, which was also nonsensical but definitely not a stinker. 

A really great night of introductions, with our dear Orange, [LAX], and perhaps the one that made me the happiest in the moment, tho in retrospect who knows if she's gonna be here permanently, Mercedes Martinez.

Just now, LoneWolf&Subs said:

The 3-way “Cracker Barrel Clash” was shockingly fun. Like a Nasty Boys WCW brawl. Just needed Dusty laughing his balls off at the performers killing themselves.

It just needed a concession stand, some mustard, ketchup and Sherri...

Speaking of that 3 way, I'm kinda bummed they put Darby into that. He's so much better and above solely doing hardcore matches. I'm hoping they actually let him have straight up regular matches once they get on TV and they keep him away from Joey Janela and Jimmy Havoc.

2 minutes ago, Edwin said:

It just needed a concession stand, some mustard, ketchup and Sherri...

Speaking of that 3 way, I'm kinda bummed they put Darby into that. He's so much better and above solely doing hardcore matches. I'm hoping they actually let him have straight up regular matches once they get on TV and they keep him away from Joey Janela and Jimmy Havoc.

THEY'S A LADY IN THE MEN'S JOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHN, TONAY SHIVONAY!!

Wait. . .that was from the Sullivan/Benoit Falls Count Anywhere match at one of the Great American Bashes.