DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEPT 2019

RIPPA

52 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Private Party might have my favorite entrance theme in the company.

FWIW I like Riho's recent theme.

I would like to say that Baltimore really doesn't deserve all this.  I'm happy as can be for the PPV and Starrcast though and with Moxley/Omega being advertised I sense tickets will be pretty hard to come by.  This will make the DC tickets looks like a picnic by comparison.  Shit, I may see to sell those assuming I get the Baltimore ones just to save some money but we'll see how it pans out.  Either way tomorrow at noon is going to be really crazy.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

The meme has gone so big, it might have burst the wrestling dam and joined mainstream meme culture. Good for Jericho. Justifies going with him as inaugural champion.

The Oasis one was alright, but the Alice Cooper one was better. But I'm not posting them, in a (probably) futile attempt to keep Rippa's annoyance level down.

1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

Now that Flair is beefing with WWE can AEW bring him on the TNT comparing the AEW and the Universal title is like comparing Icecream to Horse Manure 

Tony Khan would have to pay him quite a bit, since he likely knows jumping ship could adversely effect Charlotte. 

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Tony Khan would have to pay him quite a bit, since he likely knows jumping ship could adversely effect Charlotte. 

I dunno, Flair sueing WWE for anything will likely adversely effect Charlotte, so that bridge might already be burnt.

And Bret doing the first belt presentation didn't really adversely effect Nattie.

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

I dunno, Flair sueing WWE for anything will likely adversely effect Charlotte, so that bridge might already be burnt.

And Bret doing the first belt presentation didn't really adversely effect Nattie.

And Bret showed up on WWE TV a couple weeks later anyway.

20 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I’m actually really liking this story. Hopefully this has an actual ending, unlike Sting & Lex’s angle(Which sort of got resolved by promo comments by Sting here, and there).

People were expecting him to turn on him at the PPV, I didn't think they would do it before they start on TNT. I'm glad AEW became a thing before WWE tries to get him because he is so good personality wise he's the last person that needs verbiage written for him. I don't care how long this draws out MJF is going to outshine everyone on TV without a net.

For a natural heel, he's been doing a phenomenal job playing surfer Sting lately and the crowd would sooner boo the Bucks than they would Cody I think.

The only issue with the MJeff storyline is when Cody found out about all the shit MJF was doing on BTE and gave that concussed Rocky speech and then it just ended. That was so fucking weird and an awful payoff that made no sense. They shouldn't have touched on Cody figuring out MJeff at all. It's like they retconned all of that shit when they realized it would be better served as a slow burn on TV, and while fair, they should've shown more foresight than to dick around with it on their webseries. 

If MJF turns on Cody, it should be at something huge like at Full Gear.

Oooh, how's this for an ending? Re-run the angle with Kenny and Cody, but with some tweaks. MJF winds up throwing in the towel for Cody at Full Gear. Not a turn, but it's something the crowd would boo the fuck out of.

The MJF turn is so obvious that Cody looks like a moron for trusting this dude to begin with. Hopefully they do go some other way with it. The match will be fine regardless because it's Cody and it's always pretty good. But I see no reason to trust such an obvious sleaze. Now if Cody turns out to be a sleaze too and they're on a mutually beneficial sleazy powertrip, that's something. But I worry they're locked into Cody as a babyface right now, with Kenny just starting a path to redemption and Page not nearly ready. 

Nobody better complain when the angle is Cody being smart and fucking him up right when he tries to turn because he saw it coming

Jericho is a Canadian living in Florida, his face is going to be red as fuck

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Like 1