DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEPT 2019

RIPPA

The last Dusty Rhodes Classic was great. I don't get the "shitty tournament" talk.

It's been an annual NXT tournament for some time now and has always aired on Wednesdays... They could run the tournament in September of next year and Cody's fan base will still say they are only doing it to counter AEW.

And what's wrong with them promoting it? It's their product, they have to promote it. ?‍♂️

I just think this entire "whatever WWE does is a shot at AEW" mentality is a little embarrassing.

6 minutes ago, Edwin said:

The last Dusty Rhodes Classic was great. I don't get the "shitty tournament" talk.

It's been an annual NXT tournament for some time now and has always aired on Wednesdays... They could run the tournament in September of next year and Cody's fan base will still say they are only doing it to counter AEW.

And what's wrong with them promoting it? It's their product, they have to promote it. ?‍♂️

I just think this entire "whatever WWE does is a shot at AEW" mentality is a little embarrassing.

You've obviously picked your side in the war, WWE sycophant!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

And if there was any doubts about AEW's personnel needing social media training -- check out Bix's little back and forth exchange with Brandi.

I mean, imagine the backlash if Stephanie was the one going back and forth with fans arguing on Twitter. 

Seriously, these folks need to learn to ignore folks on social media. They haven't gotten on TV yet and they already can't handle the heat.

Edit: Yes, I know a lot of folks don't like Bix, but this ain't about that.

Edited by Edwin

Yeah, well, everyone knows that 4 of the people in charge vanity search themselves and drag/block anyone that dares say a critical word on them, so Brandi dragging Bix for a joke and her minions jumping on isn't a good look, yet totally expected.

Edited by Raziel

Meh. Bix deleted his tweet so I don’t know what he originally said. The Brandi twitter stuff (so far) wasn’t too bad. I like a good ole clap back that doesn’t go too far. I wouldn’t put this with the JR or Rose stuff. Saying that, I see how it would be a turn off for people. I find it to be a fine line of Z-formation finger snapping that is tough to master.

44 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

So the UK aren't going to get the TV show live - or in full - a highlights show 5 night later.

This is from a guy who schedules shows at ITV

Given that anyone interested will find some way to watch it in full before the Saturday, and that a late night Saturday broadcast isn't going to catch too many channel-hopping eyes, I don't see this being a huge success

• Like 1

Better but still not great. Now for Canada, plz.

edit: that Pac (still can't say it as "Pack" in my head)/Page match isn't on the AEW twitter account. We sure it's not just some fan thing? Seems like they would want to announce that and heavily advertise it.

Edited by Oyaji

8 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

edit: that Pac (still can't say it as "Pack" in my head)/Page match isn't on the AEW twitter account. We sure it's not just some fan thing? Seems like they would want to announce that and heavily advertise it.

7 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I thought a couple days ago I saw Cody said an announcement was coming soon.  So hopefully they announce something soon though with it being a week away it's cutting it close.

I am putting the full thing over in the Impact thread but AEW didn't just sign the other Kevin Sullivan to do production - they hired basically the entire staff that Impact had

AEW Graphics Department - "Yeah!  We're going to have unique graphics for every show!  It's gonna be so cool!"

Spoiler

sammy-vs-cody.webp  Week 1 - "This is so cool!"

Spears%20vs%20Mox.webp Week 2 - "Uhh running out of ideas already just put their faces a bunch of times"

World%20championship%20defense.webp Week 3 - "Yea sure the belt looks cool just feature that."

Semi%20Finals.webpWeek 4 - "whatever, I'm over it that's fine."

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

20 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am putting the full thing over in the Impact thread but AEW didn't just sign the other Kevin Sullivan to do production - they hired basically the entire staff that Impact had

Uhhhhhhhhhh... Wut? I mean I’ve noticed Impact has looked rather low rent recently(Think, going from national broadcast quality, to local FSN quality). Is this Impact’s current TV people?