DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEPT 2019

RIPPA

The latest BTE has more MJF gold. FIrst he bags on Indiana and The Indy 500 (even calling it a Nascar event which is GOLD levels of trolling) then he refers to Chris Jericho as "A little bit of the dadbod".

God damn do I love this kid. 

Edited by BrianS81177

6 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Time Warner corporate synergy coming in hot. It's better than those shitty NWO Looney Tunes shirts. Plus, TAS is my favorite Batman incarnation so big points there.

They should have gotten a wrestler (Jeep was right there) to play Bane in the 90s.

7 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Time Warner corporate synergy coming in hot. It's better than those shitty NWO Looney Tunes shirts. Plus, TAS is my favorite Batman incarnation so big points there.

Animated Series Batman is the best Batman. He's a badass, but he still makes mistakes and can get caught off guard by a random thug. Way more interesting than the "can take down the whole Justice League" Batman in the comics.

Also, I highly recommend picking up the blu-ray set that came last year. It's beautiful. (And the blu-ray set for Batman Beyond comes out at the end of next month.)

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That's really shitty if she bullshitted the injury and retirement to get out of her contract. I'll be disappointed if she ends up in the 'E.

She didn't bullshit an injury or retirement. She hasn't made a single public comment about what happened. There is literally nothing but rumors and conjecture available right now about why she asked to be released from her AEW contract. 

Edited by mattdangerously
  • Like 4

The one "problem" with keeping quiet about the whole situation(which is TOTALLY her right to do, by the way) is that it, unfortunately, leads to RECKLESS SPECULATION~! 

Bottom line is NO ONE knows what happened.  All options are open and will continue to be analyzed ad nauseam until if/when something concrete comes out. Is it possible she BS'ed an injury to leave AEW? Sure. (Sorry, @mattdangerously). Is it possible she did NOT BS an injury to leave AEW? Sure. Literally no one knows except for her and she's not talking right now(which again, is her right to do)

Does anyone know what type of involvement she had in her appearance last night?  Was it an actual match? Something quick and non-physical? 

Edited by Peck

26 minutes ago, Peck said:

Is it possible she BS'ed an injury to leave AEW? Sure. (Sorry, @mattdangerously). 

I wasn't as clear as I should have been. (I blame the gin I was drinking.) I meant that she didn't publicly bullshit any injury or retirement. The idea that she may have done so behind the scenes is possible,  but it's just as possible as all the other salacious theories about sexual harassment or bullying on the part of AEW executives. Even the injury talking point is from back when AEW was expecting her to return. The only thing anyone knows is that she asked for and was granted her release. 

Is there a particular Kylie Rae match(es) that built her following?  I only saw her that one time in AEW.  She was memorable because of the over the top character, but I remember nothing of her ring work.  All this speculation about what she's up to or why she left makes me think there must be some spectacular performances to check out.  

1 minute ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Is there a particular Kylie Rae match(es) that built her following?  I only saw her that one time in AEW.  She was memorable because of the over the top character, but I remember nothing of her ring work.  All this speculation about what she's up to or why she left makes me think there must be some spectacular performances to check out.  

I think a good chunk of it was worrying about her based on speculation. Seemed to have a good personality in a upstart company. Then as @Peck said the fact that everyone actually involved was quiet and respectful of her privacy built things up in the rumor twitter drama. Without posting too much about it, I was personally worried and hopeful it wasn’t a career ending injury or a mental health issue. So her coming back in an Indy show makes me happy that something terrible wasn’t the case. 

• Like 1