DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEPT 2019

RIPPA

Was at one of my buddies house last Friday and we watched the ladder match from All Out and Cody vs. Dustin...

The ladder match was fun in a Russian police chase car crash video sense. Absolutely wild stuff. I will admit I never got bored watching it, but it's not something I'd particularly go out of my way to see. Gonna be pretty hard for them to up this in craziness whenever they decide to put on another match with a similar stipulation.

I thought Cody vs. Dustin was really good specially after the nasty Dustin blade job. Easily the best Cody match I've ever seen. I can see why someone would consider this a MOTYC (I'd rank this below Thatcher/Ishikawa from AMBITION and Thatcher/Suzuki from Bloodsport, but that's a preferential thing though).

The production felt major league though and the commentary wasn't as bad as most folks made it out to be or at least it didn't seem that way in those two matches.

17 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I have zero exposure to these guys other than on AEW PPV, so my opinion so far kinda skews more toward yours (Tech's) than yours (Eddie's). You guys have any recommendations?

The had a really fun run in PWG 2011-2013 that ended after they lost the titles and had visa issues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Fuck and Yes

James Mitchell is in Impact, managing Su Yung and (Jessica) Havok. Although they're starting a feud between the two, so who knows where he's going to stand? His boss, the leader of the undead realm, who only appeared once ever, is Kevin Sullivan. 

• Like 1

From the latest Observer:

According to those at TNT, as we expected, the show will air live on the West Coast from 5-7 p.m., because it is treated as sports in the sports department. So that gives NXT an edge in ratings, since it goes prime time from 8-10 p.m. on the West Coast. In the WCW days, they would air Nitro twice, but when making comparisons, it was always just the first rating and never the combination, because of the idea the combination is unfair. Right now there are no plans for an AEW replay in prime time on the West Coast like they did for Nitro

If true this will be problematic for me. I get off work at 5 and get home around 5:30. I don't wanna miss the first 30 minutes especially the first show, but I have a buddy that lives right next to my job. He's burnt out on the stagnant WWE product and said i can come over on Wednesdays and watch AEW at his place. 

With the way "television" viewing is going you would think AEW and Turner would put the show up on B/R Live on Thursday mornings for free to combat WWE on Hulu.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

If true this will be problematic for me. I get off work at 5 and get home around 5:30. I don't wanna miss the first 30 minutes especially the first show, but I have a buddy that lives right next to my job. He's burnt out on the stagnant WWE product and said i can come over on Wednesdays and watch AEW at his place. 

With the way "television" viewing is going you would think AEW and Turner would put the show up on B/R Live on Thursday mornings for free to combat WWE on Hulu.

Don't know if you have DVR but when he comes up even if watching it a half hour late I would think that still counts for live viewing.  Plus you could skip some commercials.  But either way I agree on a replay and/or putting it up on B/R Live.

Some of us have been begging for a “Pro Sports” feel to be brought back to wrestling for sometime now, but it’s interesting to see networks are setting the guidelines for this now too. I wonder if they can get them to put the genie further back into the bottle. Like force the faces, and heels not to fraternize with one another on YouTube channels, or stop heels from participating in photo ops for charities.

1 hour ago, Web Conn said:

Thanks NXT for speeding up the process.

2 hours ago, AxB said:

James Mitchell is in Impact, managing Su Yung and (Jessica) Havok. Although they're starting a feud between the two, so who knows where he's going to stand? His boss, the leader of the undead realm, who only appeared once ever, is Kevin Sullivan. 

Dude I JUST lost AXS cause I switched to YouTube TV. Now to convince my gf that Vandenberg is worth an extra $180 a year..

• Like 1

I just don’t get how they don’t show a replay at 8 on the west coast. This is what they selected for their prime time programming on Wednesday. So are they going to air infomercials in prime time on the west coast? Some other random reruns? They’re going to rerun the aew show. 

I think Impact is pretty good about putting TV promos on their YouTube channel. Match highlights too, plus they replay whole shows on twitch 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Web Conn said:

According to those at TNT, as we expected, the show will air live on the West Coast from 5-7 p.m., because it is treated as sports in the sports department. So that gives NXT an edge in ratings, since it goes prime time from 8-10 p.m. on the West Coast. In the WCW days, they would air Nitro twice, but when making comparisons, it was always just the first rating and never the combination, because of the idea the combination is unfair. Right now there are no plans for an AEW replay in prime time on the West Coast like they did for Nitro

I have DirectTV - Smackdown and RAW have been coming on forever at 5pm and so did NXT last night.

Not sure where Dave is getting that NXT is not going to be on live?

edit: Nevermind I guess standard cable is different than DirecTV.

Edited by CSC

24 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Does anyone know how far behind PlutoTV's Impact shows are?  Maybe you can see it for free.

Every time I've turned it on, its like Road Dogg vs D'Lo from 2003 but I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks man. I'm sure it's easy enough to find online but there's something really nice about just sitting down at 8 and throwing on the TV. I'm old fashioned that way I guess

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Check out this delusional fucker.  I am going to assume he is in character because if not wow.

hahahaha good Lord. Hope he's going down the MJF route and not being serious.