DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEPT 2019

RIPPA

40 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Has AEW announced any West Coast shows? I'd gladly drive down to Tacoma or up to Everett (or maybe Kent if ShoWare's 6,500 capacity is good enough for the company) to see a show, especially a TV taping. 

Last I heard it's not likely until next year that they head to the west coast.  But they said it's definitely happening.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Just focusing on the east coast AKA the Best Coast AKA the Beast Coast right now.

Your untruthful and wrongheaded edit about the shitpit that is the whole East Coast aside, that's too bad.

Though I will give love to Baltimore for having the best wrestling crowds in the country. 

27 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Your untruthful and wrongheaded edit about the shitpit that is the whole East Coast aside, that's too bad.

Though I will give love to Baltimore for having the best wrestling crowds in the country. 

I'm just here waiting on Rippa to shit on that idea and say somewhere else is better.  And to be fair while I'm blanking on wherever else at the moment I'm certain there's better crowds in the country than us.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

I think all of them should be able to see that the Dark Order are the absolute worst acts on all of their shows and not remotely over. It would actually be concerning if they wound up winning the tag titles.

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

I think all of them should be able to see that the Dark Order are the absolute worst acts on all of their shows and not remotely over. It would actually be concerning if they wound up winning the tag titles.

To be fair they did acknowledge how much people hated the Librarians to the point that it's a bit on BTE.  So they might know but are waiting to see how people react to them in the tournament.  It seems like a foregone conclusion but if they look great in defeat then they might come out of this okay.

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

I liked them as SSB but the Dark Order feels so cosplayish and forced.  BOOOO SPOOOOOKY EVIL HEEEEELS

36 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It's pretty much the same they've been doing since they went heel on the indies.

I have zero exposure to these guys other than on AEW PPV, so my opinion so far kinda skews more toward yours (Tech's) than yours (Eddie's). You guys have any recommendations?

With the other teams, you can easily get a handle on who they are and what they want, and why they are a team. Whereas the Dark Order, you've got the sinister bondage master black magic sadist guy, and his friend who is either a LARP enthusiast or is actually supposed to be a Warrior of the Ancient World. But, like, why are they friends? What do they talk about, when they aren't wrestling? And how is Stu Grayson supposed to be an intimidating name?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

EDIT: They show Impact-in-60 on the Games channel in Canada right along with old Dragon's Den episodes and other such stuff. Could AEW be a good fit for that channel as well?

Game TV is owned by Anthem, just like the Fight Network, AXS TV and Impact Wrestling. Unlikely it would end up there. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I have zero exposure to these guys other than on AEW PPV, so my opinion so far kinda skews more toward yours (Tech's) than yours (Eddie's). You guys have any recommendations?

I'd seek out their ROH matches vs. the Young Bucks and vs. Steenerico. Their work in Toronto's Smash Wrestling is worth checking out. They had formed a faction with Joey Janela and Vanessa Kraven called Malice before Janela got injured, putting an end to the group.

• Thanks 1

I think what’s even more jarring about the Dark Order is that the only similar (goofy supernatural) characters at the moment in other feds are Bray Wyatt, Rosemary, Su Yung and occasionally Taker, Kane and Finn Balor.  All of those guys and girls have a well established mythology built around them.

I would not be against AEW getting someone like Ultramantis Black or James Mitchell to be their mouthpiece and to flesh out their back story 

Edited by Ultimo Necro
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1