DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEPT 2019

RIPPA

28 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

They didn't always license the Gangrel name.  They got in trouble for stealing it and then had to license it.  Gangrel doesn't even resemble the clan he's named after 

LAX is gonna be called Proud N Powerful or some shit 

Shit, now I'm going to lose my mind trying to figure out exactly what clan Gangrel the wrestler might've fit in.

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Apparently Sadie Gibbs swung on Bea last night backstage over some drama from Stardom that Bea and Ospreay were fueling over Twitter, due to her leaving a tour to grieve when a family member died.

It was Ospreay who actually did this though there was general suspicion Bea was the one behind it. Its was pretty low of them though Gibbs would have just been better moving on.

6 hours ago, Morganti said:

Because that name as mentioned by Craig is owned by white wolf games who make the Vampire The Masquerade rpg.  Gangrel is the name of one of the vampire clans.

yes, i realize that the name Gangrel was trademarked. i never understood why WWE would pay to use it in the first place. 

4 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

They didn't always license the Gangrel name.  They got in trouble for stealing it and then had to license it.  Gangrel doesn't even resemble the clan he's named after 

that makes sense. figured it was along these lines but didn't have the info to back it up

See how every time Riho comes out, they mention about how she is Kenny Omega's former Tag Team partner? They're going to have a mixed tag match (or possibly a full division) at some point, aren't they?

Also, I'm watching the Tony Khan post show interview and he was talking about how the company is committed to diversity and that the World title isn't going to be just for white guys, and he has a planned minority wrestler who's going to be in the World title picture... but refused to expound further on that because of not giving away future booking et cetera. So, is this someone who's signed that they've not announced, or someone who is currently under contract elsewhere, or someone who's been on a show but not pushed as a top singles guy yet?

59 minutes ago, AxB said:

See how every time Riho comes out, they mention about how she is Kenny Omega's former Tag Team partner? They're going to have a mixed tag match (or possibly a full division) at some point, aren't they?

Also, I'm watching the Tony Khan post show interview and he was talking about how the company is committed to diversity and that the World title isn't going to be just for white guys, and he has a planned minority wrestler who's going to be in the World title picture... but refused to expound further on that because of not giving away future booking et cetera. So, is this someone who's signed that they've not announced, or someone who is currently under contract elsewhere, or someone who's been on a show but not pushed as a top singles guy yet?

Given who the Smackdown champion is he pretty much put his foot in his mouth if those were his actual words. Just brutal. 

• Like 1

Penta wasn't who I was talking about, no, but that would be nice.

Luchasaurus wouldn't be someone I'd probably ever be happy about getting a world title push, but in response to what was said he isnt even the best dinosaur in wrestling, let alone the only one.

Edited by Tromatagon

8 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

Penta wasn't who I was talking about, no, but that would be nice.

Sonny Kiss? 

I was thinking the same thing.

I’m with you on Luchasaurus. He’s a great hot tag, and I love the dude. But unless he can choreograph, and structure a whole match like he does those hot tags(a la DDP, Randy Savage, AJPW roster), then I can’t trust him to be a full-time singles guy yet.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

11 hours ago, AxB said:

This probably isn’t who he’s talking about, especially shorter term, but I’ve figured they’ll eventually use SCU to push Scorpio Sky as a singles guy.

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Sonny Kiss? 

I was thinking the same thing.

I’m with you on Luchasaurus. He’s a great hot tag, and I love the dude. But unless he can choreograph, and structure a whole match like he does those hot tags(a la DDP, Randy Savage, AJPW roster), then I can’t trust him to be a full-time singles guy yet.

As much as I rip on Luchasaurus he actually has a really good singles match he does with Johnny Mundo.

11 hours ago, sabremike said:

Given who the Smackdown champion is he pretty much put his foot in his mouth if those were his actual words. Just brutal. 

He was responding to a question about why the company that says it's committed to diversity has diversity everywhere but the men's singles division. He didn't bring it up himself absent of context or anything.

The tag division has white guys, black guys, Latino guys, Asian guys, a dinosaur and whatever Evil Uno is supposed to be. The women's division has white women, Asian women, black women, Latino women, a Native American woman. Men's singles is white Americans and white Canadians, with a couple of white Englishmen, so far. But if one were to indulge in whataboutism, one could mention how many years WWF/WWE was running before their first Black World Champion was crowned* and wonder if AEW would take that long.

* Autocorrect changed crowned to drowned. Damn racist telephone. Although it might be interesting to look at all the promotions and see how many years it took each one to give a Black (or non-white at least) wrestler the top title.

• Like 1

Yoko was Samoan and champion way before 98

Edit nevermind I got confused

AxB Sonny Kiss is in the male singles division.  Laredo Kid maybe?  He's only been in a trios match, but Sonny has only been in a singles match and I hope it's who they were hinting at.

SHIT I FORGOT MICHAEL NAKA NAKA NAKA NAKAZAWA FUCK I'M SO SORRY

Edited by Tromatagon

Does anybody think the freelancer is going to win, even if she is Kenny's girl? Kahn talked about diversity and not just tokenism or forced diversity but pushing minorities because they are the best. Nyla Rose has some cool spots but she is not good yet. This seems forced to me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am not impressed by Riho in any way and don't get exactly why not.  Different shit for different people I guess.

I was talking on Twitter how the women's division doesn't have someone that does more of a brawler/hardcore wrestling style and how bringing someone in like Ludark Shaitan in would work wonders for me being more interested in the division, but you'd also need to bring in someone to work with her or have someone willing to do death match lite spots.  Maybe her cousin but she's Lady Shani now and pretty distanced from the death match stuff.  But Ludark is also trained by Skayde and Silver King so regular matches aren't off the table.  

Edited by Tromatagon