DVDVR Message Board

2019 Fantasy Football Thread

Dewar

1 hour ago, supremebve said:

The Dolphins may be the worst team in the history of football.  They've done everything in their power to be a truly horrific football team.  Marquise Brown may end up being great, but I wouldn't believe it until I see it against even a decent team.  With that said, the difference between Zeke and Saquon is pretty small, and I wouldn't be surprised if Zeke ends up having a better season by himself.  I personally think Zeke is the best running back in the league, but the Cowboys have more weapons to share touches with.  The Giants are going to go as far as Saquon takes them, because the rest of their skill position talent is pedestrian at best.  With that said, it's going to be hard to stack the box against the Cowboys, but teams may dare Eli to beat them.  So, the real question is, do you want a great running back in a good offense or a great running back in a bad offense.  

I agree with all of this, but here is the caveat and my personal opinion as a Cowboys fan: With Kellen Moore as OC and not Scott Linehan, I can see this Cowboys team being an unusually pass heavy team especially with Michael Gallup. This is probably going to be more applicable to late in the season, but I can see games just like yesterday where the Cowboys are up by so much that Zeke is essentially shut down for precautionary reasons by late third/early fourth quarter. And if the receiving corps are utilized early in the game as expected, Zeke won't be posting absurd stat lines but so often. So there might be several games during the season where Zeke has a pretty good or sometimes monster first half and just a decent to fairly quiet second half. How many games does anyone expect the Giants to be up big in? With Sterling Shepard and Evan Engram being the only passing option threats, the offense is going to consistently orbit around Saquon to the point where he might be a tad bit overworked. In my opinion, it's more a need thing than a want thing. If you don't have any other running backs you trust, then Saquon Barkley is your guy and you can't let him go. If you have some depth at RB and not so much at WR, then Brown would be a good pickup and Zeke is a pretty great consolidation prize and you win that trade.

I'm already ready to give up on the DVDVR league. Hopefully I bounce back this week, but seeing a bunch of stud players miserably underperform, not to mention everything with AB, really makes me doubt I'll have any success.

I think this is because I drafted Hunt.

Okay, so I need to make a decision for my FLEX spot:

Lesean McCoy (@OAK)

Giovanni Bernard (vs. SF)

My other options aren't really viable atm, so I guess that's all I've got. Normally, I'd go with McCoy, no problem, but with Mixon out, Bernard will get a bigger workload, plus it's a better matchup.

Thanks! ?

On 9/12/2019 at 2:29 PM, Craig H said:

I'm already ready to give up on the DVDVR league. Hopefully I bounce back this week, but seeing a bunch of stud players miserably underperform, not to mention everything with AB, really makes me doubt I'll have any success.

I think this is because I drafted Hunt.

i'M aLrEaDy ReAdY tO gIvE uP oN tHe DvDrR lEaAgUe, fantasy sports matches real life sports, always over-reactions after Week 1 ?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

i'M aLrEaDy ReAdY tO gIvE uP oN tHe DvDrR lEaAgUe, fantasy sports matches real life sports, always over-reactions after Week 1 ?

Fantasy football is a cruel mistress.

It's also rewarding sometimes.

18 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Thank god for Julio Jones. Unless Nick Chubb and Baker Mayfield play out of this world tomorrow night, I will be 2-0.

The worst part is, unless they do, New England's defense putting up 88.36 (! - god bless our wacky defensive scoring) is going to be wasted because every stupid Eagle on my team decided to get hurt last night.  

Edited by CSC

• RIPPA unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

A guy in my league cut bait on Stefon Diggs after 3 games. I'm first on the waiver wire after not getting any of my claims today and he comes up on Friday. I'm only going to lose Jaylen Samuels, who I only picked up last week as insurance if Connor didn't play.

28 minutes ago, elizium said:

A guy in my league cut bait on Stefon Diggs after 3 games. I'm first on the waiver wire after not getting any of my claims today and he comes up on Friday. I'm only going to lose Jaylen Samuels, who I only picked up last week as insurance if Connor didn't play.

That's pretty crazy! In one League someone dropped Aaron Rodgers so he is now my backup QB. 

Against all odds I somehow beat Big Nasty Kevin Wilson. My team is a fucking train wreck right now. AB, my second pick overall, probably won't play again this year unless I drop him at which point it will be announced he will play again this year. My first pick overall, Saquon Barkley, is out until who knows when. Now Christian Kirk is hurt and Golladay doesn't play this week so I guess I'm down to starting Metcalf and John Ross as my WR.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So happy I am playing the person who has Watson AND Fuller

I had the Philly defense but I'm playing against a person who had Fuller. They also have Aaron Jones.

• Haha 1

Occasionally things just go your way.

One team has Aaron Jones, Matt Ryan, Dalvin Cook and Chris Godwin.  That team is at 162, projected for 171 pts.  Would be even better if I had actually been smart and dropped the Rams D for Philadelphia, like I was tempted to do.

The other has Watson, Michael Thomas, Tyler Boyd, McCaffrey, Cook and Chris Carson.  Leaving Allen Robinson, and his 21.7 pts, on the bench somehow only cost me one pt.  That team is sitting on 196, projected for 205.

The fun part is Yahoo not being willing to commit to 100% chance of victory for either team.  My opponents are done on 119 and 97 pts, respectively.  I kinda doubt there's really a 1% chance of either George Kittle fumbling 17 times or Robbie Gould missing 102 field goals tomorrow.

Amari Cooper is my latest casualty.

Amari, I'm sorry for trading for you. I thought you would help me team and I didn't think you'd join the litany of other players I've ruined by drafting them.