DVDVR Message Board

2019 Fantasy Football Thread

Dewar

Have at it. I got dragged back into playing this year, taking over a team run by a Patriots fan, loaded with marginal players outside of quarterback and one good running back. I hate this shit already. At least I changed the team name...

This reminds me....

I am really late posting this, I've just been bogged down at work and other things going on. We still need one player for the non-keeper Official DVDVR Pay League on Yahoo this year. Draft is Tuesday at 7 PM EST. No cut list, FAAB, 1 QB, 1 RB/WR/TE flex, 2 IDP,  no weekly waivers, uhh I think that's the important stuff. Only "rule" is that you log in each week to swap out players on a bye/injured so teams don't get in essence automatic wins, it pisses off everyone else since its pay league. Of course, the more active you are, the better.

Since I waited until the last minute, not going to be super picky so if anyone in the league has a friend that wants to play, let me know. I'd rather it be someone from the forum but we only have four days before the draft. Entry is only $25, its a low cost pay league since most of the members are poor.

So my draft is tomorrow night.

We play with a 1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB and a QB/WR/RB flex spot.

I finished last last year so I get first pick of where to draft. Instead of automatically getting pick 1, I can choose to draft at say pick 5 and plan accordingly. Then the coach who finished 2nd last chooses his spot and so on until the champ is left with the last place and thus the least info on how they can draft.

My plan is to go pick 3 and grab Kamara then have a better option than picks 1 + 2 coming back around. I know the next coach is going to grab pick 2 and take McCaffrey. Neither of us want Barkley.

Are we nuts?

15 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

This reminds me....

I am really late posting this, I've just been bogged down at work and other things going on. We still need one player for the non-keeper Official DVDVR Pay League on Yahoo this year. Draft is Tuesday at 7 PM EST. No cut list, FAAB, 1 QB, 1 RB/WR/TE flex, 2 IDP,  no weekly waivers, uhh I think that's the important stuff. Only "rule" is that you log in each week to swap out players on a bye/injured so teams don't get in essence automatic wins, it pisses off everyone else since its pay league. Of course, the more active you are, the better.

Since I waited until the last minute, not going to be super picky so if anyone in the league has a friend that wants to play, let me know. I'd rather it be someone from the forum but we only have four days before the draft. Entry is only $25, its a low cost pay league since most of the members are poor.

I'd be in for joining back in the league if the slot is still available and y'all will have me back.

I am a couple years older, wiser, more prone to actually managing my teams and whatnot ?

This will be my lightest year for fantasy football. I'm probably just in one league, the DVDVR one. The other league I was in ran for years and years and had 12 teams with close to half being my cousins and the other half being friends of ours. Everyone kept bitching though and my older cousin, our GM, had a stroke in October, and so she's out along with a bunch of others. She's doing better, but she doesn't want to mess around with a FF league anymore. I think that one bums me out the most because we all met up at someone's house to draft, it became a reason for most of us to hang out on weekends, and now it's over ?

I went ahead and did an Auction on ESPN. 10 team league and.... does this team seem overly OP to anyone?

QB: Deshaun Watson, Aaron Rodgers, Baker Mayfield

RB: Devonta Freeman, Chris Carson, Marlon Mack, Derrius Guide, Tirek Cohen, Miles Sanders

WR: Amari Cooper, Robert Woods, T.Y. Hilton, DJ Moore

TE: George Kittle

K: Gostkowski

DEF: Rams

ESPN Auction literally had this mindset the difference between top QBs is so small they are all low value bids. Well, I had my top 3 RBs and top 4 WRs, and Kittle, already drafted with money to burn, and the only QB off the board was Mahomes, so I decided to hoard. Picked up the 3 QBs I wanted most with no real fight.

8 hours ago, CSC said:

I'd be in for joining back in the league if the slot is still available and y'all will have me back.

I am a couple years older, wiser, more prone to actually managing my teams and whatnot ?

Sure, what could possibly go wrong ? This could be the year of REDEMPTION. Like in Survivor when a returning player comes back after five seasons and destroys everyone.

Speaking of which, you doing the Survival League this year, @RIPPA?

Draft went well, I think...

Mahomes went pick #1 overall, Barkley slid to #4 and the whole table was in shock. I took Kamara at 3.

We play a WR/RB/QB flex spot. No PPR.

Anyone picked from the 8th round onwards (Indicated with the *) can be claimed as a keeper next year but you only get 1 and you must keep the player on your roster for the full season. No cutting and resigning later, no trading in and out. Needs to be your guy from draft day until the post season.

So here is my team - 

QB - Brees (NO)
RB - Kamara (NO)
RB - Johnson (DET) (my keeper from last season)
WR - Evans (TB)
WR - Boyd (CIN)
TE - Kelce (KC)
Flex - Trubisky (CHI)*
K - Fairbairn (HOU)*
D - LA Rams*

Bench - 
RB - Cohen (CHI)
RB - Murray (NO)*
RB - Hunt (CLE)*
WR - Pettis (SF)*
WR - Landry (CLE)*
QB - Luck (IND)*

So I think I'm now fucked when it comes to drafting for the DVDVR league tonight. I didn't think about it before, but my daughter's dance class is at 7:15 pm and I typically have shit reception in the actual building. Hopefully the reception is better outside.

My daughter is also sick as hell with a cold. So who knows, she may just opt to stay home.

In my money league I picked Gurley 4th overall when he was projected at 13th, took Freeman in the 2nd in spite of him barely playing last year, ended up taking Melvin Gordon round 5 because I figure it’s a good potential boom pick and picked Singletary as my 4th RB before I took a 2nd WR. So my team is a home run swing I have zero idea if anything will hit on.

NFL.com's aren't any better. I was given a grade of B, but predicted to have a 4-9 record. Other teams have the same or lower grades, but better predicted records.

I fucking hate my team, drafted 11th and wasn't happy with any pick.

QBs Russell Wilson, Philip Rivers

RBs James Connor, Aaron Jones, Tevin Coleman, Kareem Hunt

WRs Michael Thomas, Kenny Golladay, Geronimo Allison, Will Fuller, Courtland Sutton

TEs Zach Ertz, Trey Burton

No depth at all, one injury and I'm fucked.

I drafted last night

• QB - Tom Brady, Kyler Murray
  • RB  - Todd Gurley, Chris Carson, Phillip Lindsay, Damian Williams, Derius Guice, Darrell Henderson
  • WR - Amari Cooper, Mike Williams, Marquez Valdes-Scandling, DK Metcalf
  • TE - Jared Cook
  • D - Patriots, Browns
  • K- Jason Myers

In my Yahoo league I got

- Deshaun Watson, Lamar Jackson

- Alvin Kamara, Leveon Bell, Matt Breida, Jaylen Samuels , Darrell Henderson Jr

- Mike Evan's, Julian Edelman, Will Fuller, Larry Fitzgerald, Corey Davis

- Hunter Henry, Jordan Reed

- Robbie Gould 

- Bears Defence

12 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Fuck me. Started Russell Wilson over Lamar Jackson. I legit meant to start Jackson just because Wilson never seems to get online until later in the season. Ah well.

I started Lamar Jackson, and I feel great.

So my cousin is in a FF league at her work and someone offered her Zeke/Marquise Brown for Saquon Barkley and she's asking my advise on it. 

Leaning towards "yes," but would like to get another opinion before telling her anything. 

47 minutes ago, APO said:

So my cousin is in a FF league at her work and someone offered her Zeke/Marquise Brown for Saquon Barkley and she's asking my advise on it. 

Leaning towards "yes," but would like to get another opinion before telling her anything. 

The Dolphins may be the worst team in the history of football.  They've done everything in their power to be a truly horrific football team.  Marquise Brown may end up being great, but I wouldn't believe it until I see it against even a decent team.  With that said, the difference between Zeke and Saquon is pretty small, and I wouldn't be surprised if Zeke ends up having a better season by himself.  I personally think Zeke is the best running back in the league, but the Cowboys have more weapons to share touches with.  The Giants are going to go as far as Saquon takes them, because the rest of their skill position talent is pedestrian at best.  With that said, it's going to be hard to stack the box against the Cowboys, but teams may dare Eli to beat them.  So, the real question is, do you want a great running back in a good offense or a great running back in a bad offense.