DVDVR Message Board

SDL is CALL ME HELL, I'VE COME TO COLLECT 8/27/19

Niners Fan in CT

21 minutes ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

8 of 8 on my first round predictions for the KOTR. Ricochet, Corbin, Ali, And Andrade wins next.

Corbin-Ali?  Corbin wins?

I really wish they'd put the thing on Elias.  I feel like he could do a lot more than the nothing Baron's going to do with it.

E/Orton, Ali/Murphy, & Bayley/Lacey were all nice matches. Gable/Shelton was decent enough, just on the short side of things (uh, I'm not trying to reference the short joke stuff in the slightest). Bayley/Lacey was probably the best match Lacey has had on the main roster so far and is a great reminder that Bayley is the only one of the Horsewomen who can really carry lesser wrestlers. 

Dug all of the Kofi/Orton stuff. 

The segment with Sami, Nakamura, & Miz was solid.

I did enjoy Bryan kicking Rowan to the curb immediately and trying to proclaim his innocence.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Please someone give us a subtitled GIF of Randy Orton yelling at that kid to shut up in the front row when he was selling the table spot.  It's the first time I've genuinely felt I could love Randy enough to be life partners for reals.

That's usually where the wrestlers' families/friends/comps sit so when I saw that happen I immediately wondered if Randy already knew the kid.

45 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I just want to say Re: the match pictured above, fuck those guys for the Poisoned Frankensteiner. It's bad enough I have to watch that shit in New Japan, now I have to see it in WWE, and it will still not end a match. 

Yeah, that's a move I really dislike. Get rid.

Edited by The Natural

12 hours ago, piranesi said:

Please someone give us a subtitled GIF of Randy Orton yelling at that kid to shut up in the front row when he was selling the table spot.  It's the first time I've genuinely felt I could love Randy enough to be life partners for reals.

d42db51a4b341d6c-600x338.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

I don't get beating Buddy here, after his big win over Bryan last week. The match was fun though. Where the fuck is Aleister Black, by the way?

Oh man, these were my two biggest takeaways. Buddy losing just seems really dumb and reeks of 50/50 bullshit and Aleister Black is back to being MIA in a room somewhere waiting for someone to knock on his door.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Oh man, these were my two biggest takeaways. Buddy losing just seems really dumb and reeks of 50/50 bullshit and Aleister Black is back to being MIA in a room somewhere waiting for someone to knock on his door.

Yep. It's awesome that Bryan is willing to put these guys over, but what's the point if they don't follow up on it? He did the same for Ali, and he quickly became just another guy. Buddy could be sadly heading that way too. 

• Like 2

Ali's trajectory shifted when he got hurt earlier this year. Otherwise, he would have been in the SDL Gauntlet match instead of Kofi, and we wouldn't have gotten Kofimania.

Who are they supposed to pick for the win if they're high on both guys? I'm not being sarcastic, it's a real question. It sort of shows the gap in the WWE hierarchy, where they don't have enough upper midcard folks to help build new stars, despite having a stacked roster. They can't have everyone fight Roman and Bryan.

As far as Aleister goes, I'm not surprised, sadly. I think he's in a spot where they know he has something different to offer and are trying to protect him. But that's also keeping him off TV, except for three months of babbling promos where he's chomping his teeth while locked inside a boiler room. He's in no man's land, which is the worst place to be in WWE.