DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night on ESPN+ 15: Andrade vs. Zhang (8/31/2019) - Shenzhen, Guangdong, China (Shenzhen Universiade Sports Centre Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

D_x2Wl8W4AA_9AY.jpg?1563476755

UFC Fight Night on ESPN+ 15: Andrade vs. Zhang 
August 31, 2019
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China (Shenzhen Universiade Sports Centre Arena)

UFC Women's Strawweight Championship: Jéssica Andrade © (114.5) vs. Weili Zhang (115) (first defense) - Zhang, TKO (strikes), R1 (0:42)
Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos (170.5) vs. Jingliang Li (171) - Li, TKO (punches), R3 (4:51)
Kai Kara-France (126) vs. Mark De La Rosa (125.5) - Kara-France, DEC (unanimous)
Song Kenan (170.5) vs. Derrick Krantz (169) - Kenan, DEC (unanimous)
Wu Yanan (129)* vs. Mizuki Inoue (125) - Inoue, DEC (unanimous)

ESPN Preliminary Card:
Anthony Hernandez (185) vs. Jun Yong Park (186) - Hernandez, SUB (anaconda choke), R2 (4:39)
Su Mudaerji (136) vs. Andre Soukhamthath (136) - Mudaerji, DEC (unanimous)
Da Un Jung (206) vs. Khadis Ibragimov (206) - Jung, SUB (modified guillotine choke), R3 (2:00)
Damir Ismagulov (155.5) vs. Thiago Moisés (156) - Ismagulov, DEC (unanimous)
Batgerel Danaa (136) vs. Heili Alateng (136) - Alateng, DEC (unanimous)
Karol Rosa (135.5) vs. Lara Procópio (135) - Rosa, DEC (split)

*Forfeits 20% of purse for missing weight

Event Bonuses ($50,000)
Performance of the NightJingliang Li
Performance of the Night: Weili Zhang
Fight of the Night: Batgerel Danaa vs. Heili Alateng

Attendance: 10,302

Cancelled Fights:
Wu Yanan vs. Luana Carolina - Injury to Carolina (Fractured Spine) 
Saparbek Safarov vs. Da Un Jung - Injury to Safarov 
Movsar Evloev vs. Mike Grundy - Injury to Grundy 
Da Un Jung vs. Jamahal Hall - Hall Visa Issues 
Zhenhong Lu vs. Movsar Evloev - Injury to Lu (Cut)

Edited by Elsalvajeloco

• Elsalvajeloco changed the title to UFC Fight Night on ESPN+ 15: Andrade vs. Zhang (8/31/2019) - Shenzhen, Guangdong, China (Shenzhen Universiade Sports Centre Arena)

Tough to call but should be a fun one. I was 100% confident in Andrade beating Rose last time around, but this one feels like more of a tossup to me. I think of Andrade's last several performances and start to reconsider, but I'll stick with Zhang looking impressive and the upset here.

• Like 1

It's a damn shame MIZUKI is at flyweight now because it feels like we've been circling her fighting Alexa Grasso since both were in Invicta. Before MIZUKI got riddled with injuries and Grasso moved up to the UFC, that would have been an absolute barnburner.

• Like 3

Krantz isn't a bad fighter, but if Song Kenan gets that tired fighting someone like Derrick Krantz (imo a high level regional fighter/fringe level UFC fighter), it's going to be rough sledding as the competition gets tougher.

• Like 1

A couple years back, I joked about Jingliang Li being the UFC's star in mainland China. However, he's genuinely over in front of this crowd. It's a good win too over a solid opponent too.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco

By the way, it's ironic that they show the Khabib-McGregor stuff from 229 last year and then FF to this show where Jingliang Li jumps out of the cage after stopping Elizeu Zaleski only to be met by a wall of UFC security. Looks like they shored that problem up.