DVDVR Message Board

RAW is Parejas Increibles 8/26/19

Niners Fan in CT

At least Sasha confirmed the laying on the floor bit. I liked Corbin/Miz most match wise. Guessing a Ricochet/Andrade final. Tag turmoil was ridiculous but I like both Dolph & Roode a lot, so I'm hoping it ends up a random pairing of guys that turns into a successful tag team like several of Roode's previous. Was hoping the Vikings would tear through the field at least for a little bit, giving everyone the Viking Experience.

56 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

At least Sasha confirmed the laying on the floor bit. I liked Corbin/Miz most match wise. Guessing a Ricochet/Andrade final. Tag turmoil was ridiculous but I like both Dolph & Roode a lot, so I'm hoping it ends up a random pairing of guys that turns into a successful tag team like several of Roode's previous. Was hoping the Vikings would tear through the field at least for a little bit, giving everyone the Viking Experience.

We need vignettes of the Viking Experience with Sarah Logan, of course. The Viking Experience could be their theme park or theme restaurant, like Medival Times.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Ricochet/Drew was damn good. Miz/Corbin was perfectly solid though it just hard to care about Corbin right now. Despite the post match tease I don't think Corbin makes it to the finals.

Cedric/Cesaro was good.

Bayley/Nikki was solid.

The tag team turmoil match kind of annoyed me for Roode and Ziggler winning, but I did think they were nice in the match. I dug the double dq with the Raiders and OC. I do wonder why the hell the Street Profits are even still around if they aren't going to wrestle on Raw. Felt kind of dumb when they weren't announced as one of the teams.

Sasha's promo was decent, but nothing ground breaking. Sasha's have never really been a great promo so that wasn't exactly surprising. The brwl with Nattie was the highlight. The match later in the night was quite nice. I loved the modified Bank Statement Sasha used.

Braun/AJ was nice while it lasted.

I thought it was odd when Graves actually referred to himself as Sterling randomly when mentioning Cesaro answering his question with a question.

Graves should have slipped a Claudio in there as well.

• Like 1

I thought this was an all right episode. The stuff with Nattie/Sasha was good. It's a shame they pissed through what could have been a nice two month feud with them. Nattie legit doing a Brock sized German on Sasha made me jump though. I was like DAMN. It still scares me to see Sasha take that kind of stuff because you know she would have landed straight on her head if she could of.

Drew/Ricochet was a great match. I was certain Drew was winning the whole damn thing. After Corbin did some shitposing with the crown, I'm almost certain he's going straight to the finals now. Baron gets a lot of hate from people, but the guy really is effective as a heel. In the old days he would probably be in the middle of a long IC Title reign right now. That's the one thing that amazes me. They have these midcard titles and do nothing with them. I love Nakamura, but why is he champion?

The tag thing annoyed me. I was wondering how they would have The Viking's lose and not lose at the same time. Good ol' double DQ. Sounded like the crowd would be interested in an Good Brothers vs. Viking Raiders match. In NXT that would probably be your tag match of the year.

Had The OC not lost the tag titles, Heavy Machinery should have won this thing. Otis is so damn awesome. In my perfect WWE world, He and Tucker would be in the middle of a huge feud with Bryan/Rowan culminating with Otis vs. Bryan in a beard vs. beard match. But hey, lets have a team picked together by throwing darts at a board win everything. Gotta admit Graves calling Robert Roode "Bobby" and Cole trying to correct him only for Graves to be all "he's my friend, I can call him Bobby...you two can't" had me laughing.

If Baron Corbin started coming out and telling the crowd to scream “Arriba la raza!” before telling his opponent to peel his potato and toss his salad and then asking Lacey Evans if she likes his shirt and then telling her to touch it and then only letting her touch it for half a second before screaming “THAT’S ENUFFFF!!!” I think I can get behind King Corbin.

Edited by Overly Critical Man
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

There was nothing wrong with Sasha's promo that a bit more pacing couldn't have helped.  It was almost as if it the slow delivery was done on purpose to make room for the crowd's WHAT~? responses that never happened. 

The silence in between delivery segments was deafening, but it did give Nattie's run-in a feeling of spontaneity.

RIP Ricochet.  I am happy that he beat Drew McIntyre, but Joe is going to fucking kill him in the semis.

I guess Ziggler is getting some get back from all of the jobs he's done lately.  I did not the booking coming where he and Roode got to run straight through the entire tag division in one night.

Edited by J.T.

6 hours ago, Jamal said:

All of the Nattie/Sasha stuff was great and made me wish they were the ones heading into a feud and not Sasha/Becky. Nattie’s been bringing the aggression these last few matches. 

If their match is anything like their Takeover match it's gonna be awesome. 

• Like 1

Wow, Sasha re-debuted in a competitive match, and it turned out really well. Usually putting a returning wrestler in a competitive match is an absolute mistake. But Nattie must like her a lot. She didn’t go out there, and half assed it for Sasha. They both went out there looking to have a really good TV match, and they delivered.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 2

I really liked that Miz/Corbin match. Miz got a great baby face reaction — something that has been really hard for him to get since he is such a great heel. I really loved how Corbin kicked out of Miz’s finished but everyone knew Miz was done when Corbin played him. I like that Corbin’s size and strength gives him a better way to kill people. King Corbin’s promo was also really great and obnoxious. I tuned out WWE for a while (having a newborn will do that for you). Why do people not think Corbin is a good act? He is such a great prick. 

Sasha’s resurgence has been great. She handled her in-ring promo well. She isn’t as good a promo as Becky (who is?) or even Charlotte. But a good enough brat act is all she needs to do. The match with Nattie was pretty good. Sasha is at her best when she is really nasty — like when she was kicking Bayley’s hand in their first classic. The finish looked really hurty. Good on Nattie for doing a solid sacrificial lamb. She sold her injury really well and had some good fire in brawl segments. Sasha/Becky is going to be fun.

The tag gauntlet was so poorly laid out. I would have loved if they started out with Vikings/OC. And then have Heavy Machinery vs. whoever and have them in the Kofi/Seth spot. Would have been perfect if they took on The Revival next-to-last, who dissected then until they had some miracle win (or maybe a New Day revenge run-in to keep The Revival from cheating to win). And then Roode/Ziggler pick up the vulture win. Oh well. I can actually see Dolph and Roode clicking as a solid heel team.

• Like 1

I really liked that Miz/Corbin match. Miz got a great baby face reaction — something that has been really hard for him to get since he is such a great heel. I really loved how Corbin kicked out of Miz’s finished but everyone knew Miz was done when Corbin played him. I like that Corbin’s size and strength gives him a better way to kill people. King Corbin’s promo was also really great and obnoxious. I tuned out WWE for a while (having a newborn will do that for you). Why do people not think Corbin is a good act? He is such a great prick. 

Sasha’s resurgence has been great. She handled her in-ring promo well. She isn’t as good a promo as Becky (who is?) or even Charlotte. But a good enough brat act is all she needs to do. The match with Nattie was pretty good. Sasha is at her best when she is really nasty — like when she was kicking Bayley’s hand in their first classic. The finish looked really hurty. Good on Nattie for doing a solid sacrificial lamb. She sold her injury really well and had some good fire in brawl segments. Sasha/Becky is going to be fun.

The tag gauntlet was so poorly laid out. I would have loved if they started out with Vikings/OC. And then have Heavy Machinery vs. whoever and have them in the Kofi/Seth spot. Would have been perfect if they took on The Revival next-to-last, who dissected then until they had some miracle win (or maybe a New Day revenge run-in to keep The Revival from cheating to win). And then Roode/Ziggler pick up the vulture win. Oh well. I can actually see Dolph and Roode clicking as a solid heel team.

On 8/27/2019 at 1:27 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That looks so terrible; Corbin is probably winning it. You can tell HHH designed the throne and crown; both have the iron cross on them.

I didn't actually see any of the show, just read the results from the Observer.

In defence of WWE (not that they necessarily deserve the benefit of the doubt) the cross design is consistent with the Imperial State Crown, part of the British Crown Jewels so they may have been going for authenticity. May have.

Imperial_State_Crown.png

• Like 2