DVDVR Message Board

RAW is Parejas Increibles 8/26/19

Niners Fan in CT

13 minutes ago, The Natural said:

EC8DoaMWkAAa6Jk?format=jpg&name=small

That looks so terrible; Corbin is probably winning it. You can tell HHH designed the throne and crown; both have the iron cross on them.

I didn't actually see any of the show, just read the results from the Observer.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

King of the Ring matches were decent but I think I see some worrisome foreshadowing going on. 

Sasha's promo was good but it's that same overly scripted slow talking stuff they always do.  

Sasha's match with Nattie was really good..  Sasha was vicious,  Nattie's best match in a while.    Her new gear is cool too.  

CompleteRemoteDotterel-size_restricted.g

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RIShane said:

I’m not going to say Sasha did great out there, but I’m unsure how Becky crapping on her promo abilities (without even responding to anything Sasha said) does anything to help the feud or her opponent. 

How does Seth not promo in emo memes and song lyrics?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

I liked the show, especially Ricochet/Drew and Cedric/Cesaro. Was a fun show to watch but I did skip Miz/Corbin which was best for my sanity. 

And I'm dismayed with the announcers for not noticing Sasha's entrance jacket was a dig at Nattie with the shoulder pads. It was subtle but a nice touch going into the match. Oh, and it was pretty darn good to boot and man did I miss heel Sasha. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Soon this will be the new "Fuck you we got your money" meme.

Dude, any of you giving a shit about the King of the Ring has their money anyway.  

KOTR has been a joke since KING BOOKAH, and you can argue that was a joke there too...

Last 3 KOTR...Regal (suspended for drugs)...Sheamus (started a losing streak and then blamed the KOTR for it)...Bad News Barrett (formed everybody's favorite...The LEAGUE OF NATIONS...then quit WWE)....

You care about this tournament a hell of lot more than they do.

11 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Did Graves take a shot at Mikaze?  That was weird...  Graves was not missed.  He was fucking awful tonight. 

Interestingly enough, Sterling James Keenan teamed with Mikaze's former partner, Jason Blade in 2006 at ROH's In Your Face show against The Briscoes.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

You dare to doubt our future King Corbin?  For shame.

As for Graves, I can only imagine that Sasha was one of the many non-wife women he's lusted after in recent years, except that she had the gall and audacity to turn him down.

Edited by PB-13
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, RIShane said:

I’m not going to say Sasha did great out there, but I’m unsure how Becky crapping on her promo abilities (without even responding to anything Sasha said) does anything to help the feud or her opponent. 

It doesn't, but that's also been Becky on Twitter for the last year or so.

• Like 1

Graves looks like he stepped out of Spring Breakers or something, all he needed was a couple chains. 

Bayley and Nikki had a nice little match. 

Glad Eddie pointed out those Iron Crosses btw. Those are totally unnecessary and, frankly, quite creepy being on there. Putting a symbol of right wing German nationalism right there given current events is not very well thought out, to say the least. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 3

Thought the first half of this show was really fun but the back half was full of wonky booking 

-Banks promo was good; the match was better.  

-Ricochet/Drew was great.  Crowd was super into it.  

-Miz/Corbin was fine.  I’m surprised at people being upset at Corbin winning: did you really want the directionless, crowd-pandering face Miz going on to the second round?! The biggest problem with Baron -because he’s a perfectly passable big man in the ring- is he has absolutely nothing to say.  He’s been scripted the same promo for his whole WWE career: “I don’t care what you say, I’m the best”. Give him a hook, a catchphrase, bring back the hater of Indy wrestling gimmick, heck, have him take a vow of silence and Sami Zayn decide to speak for him.  

-Tag turmoil HAD to be Vince booked with a newly formed team of singles stars goes through all the teams (Eric Young must be pretty bummed.  He was randomly paired with Roode last week on ME where they beat the Luchas and gets dropped for Ziggles) and is introduced by Raw’s Greek chorus of the Prophets with no explanation why they didn’t want to be in it.  Will they ever wrestle or just keep saying “lit” so that everyone knows how hip the show is?! I figured Dolph would get some sort of reward for putting over everyone the last couple months; I guess that reward is the tag title.  I loved the complete lack of explanation for their team: “I saw a twinkle in his eye!”

-Cedric-Cesaro was good.  I think Cedric screams a rather high-pitched scream too often to be taken seriously.  Sometimes it sounds like the scene in Purple Rain when Prince gets beat up by his dad.  It’s really distracting.  I did enjoy Corey forgetting his name and talking about Cesaro saying “Sterling...” and the brief moment of silence after as you could practically hear Cole thinking “Should I ask who Sterling is or just ignore it?”

-Main event was dumb.  Everybody looked worse for it.  Braun looks dumb for getting DQed.  Ref looks dumb for guessing what happened even as wrestlers who weren’t in the match lay on the floor.  AJ looks weak after barely losing to Lesnar, needs to cheat to outlast Braun.  OC looks completely incompetent for not being able to beat up Braun two on one.  A terribly booked and executed main that brought everyone down a level.  Would’ve made way more sense for OC to interfere early then have Vikings come down based off earlier match and make it a 6-man or have AJ use that distraction to run away or hit Braun with a chair or something. 

• Like 2

Ricochet/Drew was damn good. Miz/Corbin was perfectly solid though it just hard to care about Corbin right now. Despite the post match tease I don't think Corbin makes it to the finals.

Cedric/Cesaro was good.

Bayley/Nikki was solid.

The tag team turmoil match kind of annoyed me for Roode and Ziggler winning, but I did think they were nice in the match. I dug the double dq with the Raiders and OC. I do wonder why the hell the Street Profits are even still around if they aren't going to wrestle on Raw. Felt kind of dumb when they weren't announced as one of the teams.

Sasha's promo was decent, but nothing ground breaking. Sasha's have never really been a great promo so that wasn't exactly surprising. The brwl with Nattie was the highlight. The match later in the night was quite nice. I loved the modified Bank Statement Sasha used.

Braun/AJ was nice while it lasted.

57 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Interestingly enough, Sterling James Keenan teamed with Mikaze's former partner, Jason Blade in 2006 at ROH's In Your Face show against The Briscoes.

I thought it was odd when Graves actually referred to himself as Sterling randomly when mentioning Cesaro answering his question with a question.