DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Spy vs. Spy 8/20/19

Niners Fan in CT

1) Bayley was absolutely in the right. She is sticking up for herself. Charlotte was running her down and Bayley cut her down to size.

2) That segment was awesome. It felt like a Ric segment against Sting or whoever when Ric would be titleless and not respect whoever was champ and get his comeuppance.

3) Charlotte rules. She is the most under appreciated performer of her era — male or female. I hate the “overexposed” angle. The athletic freak daughter of the arguably the greatest and most beloved champion of all-time should be all over our wrestling programming. She has nothing but awesome matches and has become an awesome heel promo. You are doing wrestling wrong if she is not a huge deal at all times.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

5 hours ago, Whodathunkit said:

I thought the mystery assailant was going to be Savio Vega.

I was disappointed (again).

Considering the way his knees exploded in that MLW match, I doubt Savio is gonna be doing much of anything for a while

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

1) Bayley was absolutely in the right. She is sticking up for herself. Charlotte was running her down and Bayley cut her down to size.

Violence wasn't the answer in this instance. Charlotte simply hit Bayley with too much truth and it hurt her ego. Dumping Alexa's coffee on her head or putting laxatives in her drink backstage would've been the right play.

Btw, I can't be the only person here who was disappointed that Roman didn't say "I'm seeing double...four Rowans!", am I?

Edited by Overly Critical Man
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I must be in bizarro land, I thought Raw was rather mediocre (Heel has no explanation for heel turn because writers forgot to think one up one; using dead wrestlers names for Heat; sort-of feuding wrestlers win tag titles together: can they get along?!) save the Orton/Kofi stuff and Cesaro/Joe while I loved Smackdown.  

Again, I watch this shit on HULU, and while there was stuff I liked on RAW, I fast forwarded through more than a few segments. 

I watched SD all the way through and really enjoyed it. I'm even liking the Shane/ Owens shit because I get what they're doing. And Shane has been ff material for awhile. The original KO face turn that got shitcanned out of the blue was all about him being an average guy who's in no way rich. So Owens being contrite works. As long as they pay it off right. Hopefully with an Austin pep talk that leads to it ending with Shane gone. Which I think is possible because it's looking like the evil authority figure is going away.  RAW doesn't have one and Shane apparently only is interested in KO.  And I know I heard or read a few people there saying it's a thing of the past. I can't wait until they get to it. Because middle aged asshole Dad Bod Shane with his stupid sneakers, tight jeans, and all Daddy Issue  jacked up bod, bro...was an unbearable babyface. I thought I'd like him as a heel, obviously. I did. For about a week.

Whew.

Anyway, great show. The Sami/ Nak shit was awesome. I popped when they beat up Miz.

I'm intrigued by the Sami and Nakamura pairing. If they actually put time into this and remember its a thing in 3 weeks this could help both guys out. Sami can handle all the talking and take the douchebaggery up a few notches. And if they insist on this stupid "artist" stuff with Shinsuke, let him be a pompous asshole who can't be bothered to interact with all of us lowly people beneath him.