DVDVR Message Board

RAW is Vic Joseph as 6th Man of the Year 8/19/19

Niners Fan in CT

I would argue that the person who is more over should be the person to make it big. Neither one of them are really over, so neither one of them should be making it big right now. 

Deville is the better worker right now. She's not the better promo. They are a good tag team, and should be kept together for at least a couple more years. To be honest, I'm not sure either one of them is a top 10 worker on the roster right now. 

Becky, Bayley, Charlotte, Sasha, Ember, Alexa, Naomi, Asuka, Kairi, Nikki Cross. That's 10 I think are ahead of both of them. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I would say be careful with expressing that line of thought

Why? Nobody else is careful about blurting it out. It's one of the most commonly expressed lines of thought in online wrestling discussion these days.

I'm not sure I'm worried about what Vince sees in Mandy. Rumours about her big push have been swirling for ages and nothing has come of it. She's had a combined four televised matches in July and August so far. She hasn't won on TV since May. The gentleman may prefer blondes, but he's seemingly in no rush to force this one into a top spot. 

Running counter to that, it's interesting to note that Mandy has gotten to work some house show singles matches against Ember recently. Nothing of the sort for Deville. Looks like they're seeing how well Mandy can develop in singles matches. But that's no guarantee of any sort of push. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

He did have a rematch with McIntyre on May 6, and that was longer than the Mania match.

Maybe I'm not paying close enough attention, but I see no reason to be conservative when assessing Reigns in the ring. He's gotten plenty of reps in and looks just as good as he did before he went for treatment. Heck, this isn't even his first TV singles match with Ziggler since being back. I think he's long since good to go. 

I think it's a case of making sure his health holds. Not to mention he's been pulling extra duty with promoting Hobbs & Shaw, ESPYS, etc. I would think the last thing anyone wants is to push him to exhaustion. They did something similar with Bryan.

Combine that with some still clutching their pearls at the thought of him going after a world title again, and this is the current landscape.

For Clash of Champions, I wouldn't be opposed to Nakamura vs Reigns for the IC Title. If their brief interaction at the 2018 Royal Rumble is an indicator, they have good chemistry.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

For Clash of Champions, I wouldn't be opposed to Nakamura vs Reigns for the IC Title. If their brief interaction at the 2018 Royal Rumble is an indicator, they have good chemistry.

Been wanting to see a singles match between them since then.

Sonya is the better worker, but I don't think the gulf is so large that anyone should be groaning about it. 

I don't feel like I've seen much of anyone complain about Roman potentially getting a world title run lately, but that's also because everyone's venom is currently directed at Rollins. I don't know if it would last if he got the title again, especially if it meant taking it off of Kofi. 

I don't think anyone gives a shit if Roman is pushed towards the championship again. He's pretty much rehabbed his image at this point and he's not getting the bad heat he used to get.

13 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

The one thing I have to bitch about is why are they going to make this KOTR last a zillion years. They have THREE HOURS of TV on Monday and only blew through two KOTR matches?! WHY.

I think they are trying to time the KOTR tournament so it ends at Clash of Champions.

13 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

This was a really good RAW and part of that is  Vic Joseph.  

Good for Vic -- I remember when he did the updates on Cleveland sports radio.

I wonder if they gave him the shot to see if he could handle being the voice of NXT on USA.

9 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

I'll give you a pass because you're british. But he was a megastar during his career. Even had his own video game. 

Barry Bonds is numbah 1 and I assume anyone who thinks otherwise is a cantankerous old sports writer. ?

Ken Griffey Jr. Presents MLB is still the best baseball video game ever, though.

• Like 1

Odd how Ken Griffey Jr.'s head didn't triple in size over the course of his career like Bonds' did. Bonds at the end of his career looked like Griffey did on that Simpson's "Homer At The Bat" episode. 

latest?cb=20140806223906

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I get the sense some fans are being polite and not booing him because he had cancer. Which is sad, because it takes away from the honest crowd heat his matches had before went for treatment. Put him into the world title match at the right time, I'm confident he can get some of those boo-birds back. 

• Like 1

I know I have read reports where Roman has still been booed - either on TV or at Live Events

It isn't a constant thing but it did come across as people being like "Well everyone was booing him when he left so we are supposed to keep booing him now"

That might go back to the thing that wrestling folks like to cite where certain cities are ahead of the curve in regards to reactions and eventually everyone else catches up (New York, Chicago, to a lesser extent Philly are some of the common examples cited)

Whether that is a good thing or not is a different story.

55 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Errr, as in The Long Good Friday, Hook Bob Hoskins? He died in 2014.

Busick was a 1991 character so there was still plenty of time for Big Bully Hoskins to draw record money as he surely would have ?

47 minutes ago, Infinit said:

This was the first ep of Raw that I've watched beginning to end in a while, and wow...the Cole/Joseph combo made it a really easy 3 hours. Send Graves to SDL...his act is so grating 5 hours a week.

At first I hated myself for watching this on the same night as I would watch the next day out of principle.  But while I skipped a match or two it was a very enjoyable watch.  Vic has been great the times I've seen him on 205 and I loved how he worked with Cole and Renee.  So I would be thrilled if he was on Raw and Cory stuck with SD.  I don't mind Cory but him being on two shows has hurt his stock big-time.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

These sound like the type of people that think wearing a baseball cap backwards makes Seth Rollins cool.

Way back in the days of early Shimmer, me and my friend found Cindy Rogers to be the most bland wrestler ever. She started as a white meat bland charismaless babyface, and she wasn’t over in our houses. Then she turned heel... and the extent of change to her character was she started wearing a leather jacket. Me and said friend then joked said jacket was her replacement for charisma.

Couple years later, Tyler Blacks Title reign is going in RoH and was generally letting down, with many claiming he was absolutely charismaless. His counter to that was, seemingly, to wear a baseball cam during his in ring promos. So we declared Cindy Rogers Leather Jacket = Tyler Blacks Baseball Cap in terms of charisma replaces.

Just wanted to continue the thought. Tyler Black sucked then, still sucks now. Cindy Rogers sucked then, not sure about what she’s doing now, but wish her well.

• Like 2