DVDVR Message Board

RAW is Vic Joseph as 6th Man of the Year 8/19/19

Niners Fan in CT

20 minutes ago, Custos said:

His focus seems to be on attacking legends so far. Is it a gradual build to an Undertaker feud on Fox and a decisive torch-passing of the spooky long-entrance phenom role? A last hurrah for BOOKAH? Or a means to get some more mileage out of Goldberg? It better not be the bloody Big Red Mayor.   

I'm trying to decide what the lesser evil of all these possibilities is and am coming up empty.

7 hours ago, The Natural said:

When I wear a cap, it's always forwards. Never seen the appeal of it backwards or to the side.

When you're bald, if it's really sunny you angle your cap so the bill is between you and the Sun. So if your back is to the sun, you wear it backwards. Stops you getting sunburn on the back of your neck.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

I'm trying to decide what the lesser evil of all these possibilities is and am coming up empty.

I honestly wouldn't mind a Taker feud just going all-out on the supernatural and dialing the histrionics up to 11. Literal smoke and mirrors, and an emphatic changing of the creepy guard like they should have done with the cult leader years ago. Yes the Firefly Fun House has been meticulously crafted with care, nuance and attention to detail. But it's WWE, it's never going to stay pristine and perfect in perpetuity, especially as Bray inevitably starts getting pushed out there to do random matches. Might as well do something big with arguably the greatest wrestling gimmick ever created while the Fiend is bringing the intrigue and the buzz.   

They should separate the two Bray gimmicks, and give Bo the Funhouse stuff, and Husky the Fiend stuff so we can get both characters on screen at once. Also to nip a potential cheese dramatic “Indentity crisis” gimmick in the bud. Or maybe do the same thing, but have a Bray Vs. Bray feud at SummerSlam.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

They should separate the two Bray gimmicks, and give Bo the Funhouse stuff, and Husky the Fiend stuff so we can get both characters on screen at once. Also to nip a potential cheese dramatic “Indentity crisis” gimmick in the bud. Or maybe do the same thing, but have a Bray Vs. Bray feud at SummerSlam.

Crisis on Infinite Wyatts? They could re-do the Foley Titantron bit with the Fiend, Funhouse Bray and Carcosa Bray.

...leading to Husky Harris piledriving Baron Corbin through a table. The tank with a Ferrari engine!

Edited by For Great Justice
  • Like 2

Roman needs to learn how to say “that’s not gonna work for me, brother.” If Goldberg can squash Ziggler in two minutes it should take Roman ten seconds to just walk up to him and One Punch Man him into the Stone Age.

And I wouldn’t even waste a Superman, just have Roman do one jab and have Ziggler fall down like a ton of bricks. And if you MUST have a longer match, have him sell it for a minute-plus like Booker at WM19.

29 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

Has there been anything that has come out about why they refuse to refer to Mandy and Sonya as "Fire and Desire" or is that just another one of those dumb things?

Didn't commentary refer to them as Fire & Desire tonight? I know I heard those words last night before I checked out of the show and fell asleep.

3 minutes ago, Casey said:

Didn't commentary refer to them as Fire & Desire tonight? I know I heard those words last night before I checked out of the show and fell asleep.

Probably - what I mean is that they are billed as "Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville" on the graphic and by the ring announcer.

9 hours ago, The Natural said:

ECX-QaGU8AYcvt2?format=jpg&name=900x900

Is that a trick of the light in the photo or is the Fiend mask made of florescent materiel?  'Cause if it is the latter, that's fucking awesome!

Edited by J.T.

I try to temper my expectations with Samoa Joe but he’s right around the same age as when Booker T became King Booker and saw a resurgence in his career so I’m hoping for the best. A six month reign of terror by Universal Champ King Joe would be a nice reward for a hard fought career and they may as well strike while he’s healthy and has a little steam from the Roman stuff. And he’s honestly one of the only guys in the field who could work the gimmick well and could use the rub.

Seth Rollins: the most decorated wrestler nobody cares about.

I just saw a clip of Baron Corbin running around a ring post to execute an avalanche clothesline. That right there was the dumbest spot I’ve ever seen in a wrestling match. Yes, dumber than the Davey Richards/Seth Rollins superplex spot.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

2 hours ago, Super Ape said:

Roman needs to learn how to say “that’s not gonna work for me, brother.” If Goldberg can squash Ziggler in two minutes it should take Roman ten seconds to just walk up to him and One Punch Man him into the Stone Age.

And I wouldn’t even waste a Superman, just have Roman do one jab and have Ziggler fall down like a ton of bricks. And if you MUST have a longer match, have him sell it for a minute-plus like Booker at WM19.

I think it was more for Roman to continue building his stamina by having weekly singles matches. He spent his first three months of his return in 6-man tags, save for facing McIntyre at WM. His house show schedule is also getting back to normal. With Murphy and Ziggler, that's two 'high motor' guys who can help Reigns gauge his progress while being safe.

• Like 1

Just now, Burgundy LaRue said:

I think it was more for Roman to continue building his stamina by having weekly singles matches. He spent his first three months of his return in 6-man tags, save for facing McIntyre at WM. His house show schedule is also getting back to normal. With Murphy and Ziggler, that's two 'high motor' guys who can help Reigns gauge his progress while being safe.

Then he should build his stamina up by facing people with actual talent.

2 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

Crisis on Infinite Wyatts? They could re-do the Foley Titantron bit with the Fiend, Funhouse Bray and Carcosa Bray.

...leading to Husky Harris piledriving Baron Corbin through a table. The tank with a Ferrari engine!

You misspelled Dolph Ziggler, but points. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Super Ape said:

I was talking specifically about Ziggler though, who does not have talent.

I mean, your offense consisting of throwing yourself at your opponent and seeing what happens might be considered *a* talent by some.

2 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

Probably - what I mean is that they are billed as "Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville" on the graphic and by the ring announcer.

I am not saying this is the reason but it could be A reason but with Vince thinking that Mandy will eventually be a big star, he wants to make sure they promote her as an individual instead of as a group

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am not saying this is the reason but it could be A reason but with Vince thinking that Mandy will eventually be a big star, he wants to make sure they promote her as an individual instead of as a group

Boy, I wonder why Vince thinks Mandy's the star

Logically, the better worker should be the person to get big.

Of course, this is Vince we're talking about.

Never expect logic from him.

Don't even think Mandy's a top 10 female worker on the roster now.

Eh...  Who knows.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

He spent his first three months of his return in 6-man tags, save for facing McIntyre at WM. 

He did have a rematch with McIntyre on May 6, and that was longer than the Mania match.

Maybe I'm not paying close enough attention, but I see no reason to be conservative when assessing Reigns in the ring. He's gotten plenty of reps in and looks just as good as he did before he went for treatment. Heck, this isn't even his first TV singles match with Ziggler since being back. I think he's long since good to go. 

1 minute ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Boy, I wonder why Vince thinks Mandy's the star

Logically, the better worker should be the person to get big.

Of course, this is Vince we're talking about.

Never expect logic from him.

Don't even think Mandy's a top 10 female worker on the roster now.

Eh...  Who knows.  

I would say be careful with expressing that line of thought, but you're a mod and no one is going to say shit to you so I thank you for being the one to say it.