DVDVR Message Board

RAW is Vic Joseph as 6th Man of the Year 8/19/19

Niners Fan in CT

Just now, piranesi said:

This was such a logically laid out show that even though nothing super crazy happened it felt like a breeze to sit through. The only thing that made no sense was having Corbin/Mcintire wrestle Miz/Ricochet instead of just having another first round match. 

I liked it.   It was a fun match and it reminded me of New Japan putting G1 opponents in tag matches prior to their singles bout.  

Just now, Niners Fan in CT said:

I liked it.   It was a fun match and it reminded me of New Japan putting G1 opponents in tag matches prior to their singles bout.  

It actually wasn't bad. I was just kind of psyched for the brackets and hoping to get Corbin and McinTyre gone fast and in one quick shot, like getting a tetanus shot.

1 minute ago, piranesi said:

It actually wasn't bad. I was just kind of psyched for the brackets and hoping to get Corbin and McinTyre gone fast and in one quick shot, like getting a tetanus shot.

I think you'll be waiting a while for either of them to be eliminated.  I quite like McIntyre,   I am not expecting much out of The Miz vs. Baron Corbin,  I really wouldn't mind Corbin winning that one. 

When I googled Graves i was soooo hoping ot find some wresledemons.org article abotu how Heyman has decided to scrap the heel anouncer gimmick for awhile but sadly just got some thing about Big E slapping Graves in the face with one of his boobs and how the one boob now "has heat with the boys" but not the other one because it knows Undertaker.

Edited by piranesi
  • Haha 1

In fairness, if I was Corey Graves and was once actually good at my job in NXT and was forced to become a fake-JBL for at least a year, I'd be in  *cough cough* too.  

I like Vic Joseph too but he's been under the radar.  Would love to see how you all like him in a year once Vince starts listening to him.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

I thought nothing could possibly be a bigger dork than Seth Rollins...and then I saw Seth Rollins with a backwards baseball cap.

1.nocrop.w710.h2147483647.2x.jpg

TURN IT DOOOOOOOOWN (that hip hop music, that is. This is a private gym.)

Edited by piranesi
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Overly Critical Man said:

I thought nothing could possibly be a bigger dork than Seth Rollins...and then I saw Seth Rollins with a backwards baseball cap.

He'll always be that dorky emo kid that wrote the blogs for Project 161/Age of the Fall.

6 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

When I wear a cap, it's always forwards. Never seen the appeal of it backwards or to the side.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

What I saw of Reigns/Ziggler was nice enough though I would have just rather seen Reigns murder Ziggler like Goldberg and Miz did.

Jo/Cesaro was stiff but fun even with a flub or two. Cedric/Sami was solid and quick enough.

Drew/Corbin vs. Ricochet/Miz was solid.

The 24/7 segment was fun though I do wonder where Drake disappeared to.

Becky's promo was nice. Sasha was ok. Could have done w/o the cheap heat comment about Neidhart.

Alexa/Nikki vs. Sonya/Mandy was decent enough though again didn't really seem to do anything to advance any particular stories.

Seth/Braun as tag champ is kind of annoying, but the match was solid.

The Orton/Revival segment was the highlight to me. Those three fit so well together, and that was some wonderfully evil shit they did to New Day.

This was generally solid show.

8 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

In fairness, if I was Corey Graves and was once actually good at my job in NXT and was forced to become a fake-JBL for at least a year, I'd be in  *cough cough* too.  

Yes but half of the shit Graves says and references is stuff Vince wouldn't know.   Graves with or without Vince in his ear has regressed.

25 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

What I liked about the Fiend/Lawler bit is Lawler realized what was happening when he saw the lights go out. He used logic in trying to get out of harm's way. It was to no avail, but at least he showed awareness to the situation. That was good.

Lawler is one of the greatest of all time, despite all the baggage. If there's anyone who knows how to sell for a Monster in a rubber mask it's Jerry fuckin' Lawler. 

• Like 3

Just now, The Natural said:

When I wear a cap, it's always forwards. Never seen the appeal of it backwards.

It denotes a scrappy, irrepressible spirit of joshing hijinks that would eventually be unleashed  as a counterculture when worn by the likes of Dennis the Menace of Poochy. It denotes a baby boomer in crisis over his boner not working when worn by the likes of Paul Ryan or Jay leno. It denotes a kissass who writes the names of kids who talk on the chalkboard when the teacher is gone when worn by the likes of Seth Rollins or Pewdiepie.

• Haha 3

Just now, Niners Fan in CT said:

Yes but half of the shit Graves says and references is stuff Vince wouldn't know.   Graves with or without Vince in his ear has regressed.

Vince is rarely actually in everyone's ear now, anymore. Cole is doing the producing. It's why there's a lot of freedom, both good and bad, while having the company lines put out. I'd imagine Cole has a signal to mute one feed and go to another to produce on air.