DVDVR Message Board

RAW is Vic Joseph as 6th Man of the Year 8/19/19

Niners Fan in CT

Vince sure does love his "How will they ever get along?" Tag Team Champions doesn't he?  

Well, at least we didn't have to hear about how much everything and everyone (except the blonde women) sucked.   Gotta love addition by subtraction.

• Like 2

The parts of this show I saw were so much more watchable without Graves. The announcers called the matches and occasionally mentioned relevant storyline stuff and character traits to reinforce the basics of each person.  And that was....it.  No grinding out a constant screamed stream of Katrina Pearson-level nonsense at the other announcers.

Like, coming back from the Sasha/Natalya beatdown, we got a beat of silence and then Cole saying "I don't know what just happened there but we should move on" nice and quick. Story moved forward and we move on.  Instead of "COLE THAT WAS THE GREATEST DISPLAY OF STRATEGY I"VE EVER SEEN FROM THE MOST PERFECT PERSON IN THE WORLD DEBATE ME BITCH!!!!!" or "OF COURSE SHE DID THAT ALL SHE DOES IS STAB YOU IN THE BACK NATALYA IS THE MOST PERFECT PERSON ON EARTH CHECK MY INSTA HOES!!!!" or whichever side he's on...neither of which he has any character or storyline reason to believe or to claim or to take a side on. It's not like he's in business with Sasha or was managed by her or something but it would just be automatic brainless noise pollution becase they apparently think that we need the volume at 11 at every second or nothing counts.

It was almost like I was being told unconsciously that the wrestlers personalities and in-ring conflict was impressive enough in itself to carry the show and hold my attention with minimal punctuation by other people.

And the announcers were also able to put over a unified logical storyline themselves because they didn't have to debate every point with someone which made it almost seem like the things happening in front of us made sense because three observers all saw and described the same things in roughly the same way.

Note: I had to google to make sure Graves wasn't dead or something before I typed this because I didn't want to feel guilty. But I guess he's just on vacation. Now if we can only get him to extend that. Maybe he can have a new gig being the guy who walks into a starbucks and sits next to you and is like "HI I SEE YOU TYPING THERE AND I WAS WONDERING ONE IF YOU'VE EVER HEARD JOE ROGAN AND TWO HOW MANY GENDERS ARE THERE AND IF YOU DON'T ANSWER ME WHY YOU'RE AFRAID OF LOGICAL DEBATE?????"

Because that's what it's like listening to him. And tonight was like walking into that same Starbucks and seeing a picture of that guy with "Missing: If seen contact 555-5555" on it and being like "Aw...that's too bad..."

• Like 12

Double note: I think I'd rather watch enough Crislley marathons to author the official comic book for the series than watch five seconds of that Steve Austin show. Weirdly every time the commercial runs all I can think of is Hasil Adkins being run down by a teenager on an ATV in front of his trailer. And then I think about how Big E. might be really into his food-based songs in an ironic way but would constantly be wondering if he was super racist. And then I'm just confused about the world even more.

Also I feel like it might be a kind of stealthy way for girls to decide once and for all if they are going to sneak up behind their guy and put a cow-bolt through his brain or whether they can actually ever orgasm again with him alive. Like, if he watches that show, they just do the bolt thing and get it over with and if he doesn't then orgasms are still possible...not probable but possible.

In short, it's not for me.

Edited by piranesi
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Jean jackets/vests really do not work with pink tights.

Bret wouldn't have been caught dead mixing pink and denim. That's part of what made him the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.

I'm working afternoons/nights now, so I only caught the end of the main event. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

Rey's near retiring of the mask and then Dominic showing up was a great moment.  I loved all of that.   

I also loved Revival K.O. taking out the New Day and making Kofi watch as Xavier got fucked up.  That was sick.   Now I want Kofi to kill all those bastards.  

Man..   that Anvil line.  This is what the company does all the time but I don't like it and have never liked it.   I liked the Sasha and Cole thing it was quick and to the point.  

Cesaro vs. Samoa Joe was a good brawl and Cedric vs. Zayn was an average TV match but I feel the right men advanced. 

Why the hell do they do shit like that Anvil line? In addition to making the company look sleazy and low rent as all hell these lines ALWAYS get the wrong kind of heat. Honestly when is the last time ANY promotion drew money with a promo like that?

• Like 4

BlissCross is great and has brought the women's tag titles to relevancy after the first couple champs were pretty lackluster. 

The Revival would be scarier if they weren't in the Lollipop Guild, but FTRKO is pretty decent. Woods sold that like he got shot. Well done.

Sasha's delivery was pretty rancid. I'm sure I'll ruffle some feathers in CT, but I've seen fake sass before, and nothing about her delivery made me believe she's the "legit boss." All that head wagging doesn't fool me. I'm from Atlanta.

Oh good. More Seth Rollins. Maybe the natural charisma of Strowman will offset the hot trashitude of Rollins.

• Like 2

Nice that Bray's bringing back the Mandible Claw. I'd rather Jerry choke on that than somebody choking on something of his for a change...

Off-color comments aside, what I watched was fine. Cesaro/Joe was a stiff bit of business. Didn't know Joe was such a sand-bagger either. If Cesaro can't pick you up, damn. Is Cesaro wearing braces now? That's what it looked like from the interview segment. This was probably the second time I've seen Sonya and her work was pretty slick. 

The one thing I have to bitch about is why are they going to make this KOTR last a zillion years. They have THREE HOURS of TV on Monday and only blew through two KOTR matches?! WHY.

Just now, Whodathunkit said:

Where was Graves tonight?

On vacation and I wish it was a permanent one.  The commentary was so much better tonight.  

Only thing on the show that sucked was the women's tag title stuff.  Crowd was dead silent.    Sonya and Mandy really do deserve better,  they have both improved so much.  

• Like 1

I make it three times Seth Rollins has been a double champion:

WWE World Heavyweight Champion and WWE United States Champion in 2015.

WWE Intercontinental Champion and WWE RAW Tag Team Champion, 2017. 

WWE Universal Champion and WWE RAW Tag Team Champion, 2019.

This was such a logically laid out show that even though nothing super crazy happened it felt like a breeze to sit through. The only thing that made no sense was having Corbin/Mcintire wrestle Miz/Ricochet instead of just having another first round match. They will never learn to stop putting people in multiple matches against each other to accomplish one match worth of story. Also the finish made me worry that McIntyre is going to go far in this or win it, which is the least productive thing possible. It would be like having Brian Knobbs win the Battle Bowl ring instead of DDP which is why I'm now 74% sure it's happening.

Just now, The Natural said:

I make it three times Seth Rollins has been a double champion:

WWE World Heavyweight Champion and WWE United States Champion in 2015.

WWE Intercontinental Champion and WWE RAW Tag Team Champion, 2017. 

WWE Universal Champion and WWE RAW Tag Team Champion, 2019.

And th 2nd time Brawn has been co-champion with an annoying little boy.

Speaking of children. Do you want to feel old? This is Dominic Mysterio now

2f4ddcce5aa97c4c42c2561a628b962e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4