DVDVR Message Board

Clash of the Champions XXXVIII - 9/15/2019

Dolfan in NYC

14 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Alexa rolling up R-Truth in an effort to win the 24/7 title was a nice touch. They need to include the women more in that chase.

Gonna be sorely disappointed if the 24/7 thing doesn’t culminate in Carmella double crossing R-Truth at WM36

There really should be some sort of “most aggregate time as 24/7 champ” prize to explain why people paint the at-all-hours target on their back such that they’re getting pinned at weddings or in bathrooms or whatever.

(Also so that when Mella turns on Truth it can be seconds before he overtook Maverick’s total time and she thus denies him that prize, etc etc)

Or a money meter gimmick. The 24/7 champ makes $1 per minute for as long as he/she holds the title. If someone held it for a year, that would be just north of a half million dollars. In context, that's a realistic enough number to sell on air.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

I really don't understand what everyone is so hyped about. The only change that isn't cosmetic is the Mandible Claw. If we're going all in on the new presentation of Bray, shouldn't we wait until the actual important change is made, and he is booked to win some matches?

Hopefully if he wins at HIAC, it's via holograms and/or exploding TVs. Those who laughed at it then will suddenly love it now.

To think, a year ago he was trading wins with the B Team. I'd much rather have Woken Matt back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LP Steve said:

Or a money meter gimmick. The 24/7 champ makes $1 per minute for as long as he/she holds the title. If someone held it for a year, that would be just north of a half million dollars. In context, that's a realistic enough number to sell on air.

I knew I remembered that song from RENT for a reason...

• Like 3

On one hand, I'm down for Fiend/Lesnar at Mania.

On the other, Fiend, Demon, Black, Taker, Papa Shango, Kane, the Boogeyman, Scott Steiner and every other supernatural character in some sort of massive never-ending clusterfuck that basically turns into a Siegfried and Roy show would also be money

Edited by RolandTHTG

43 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

On one hand, I'm down for Fiend/Lesnar at Mania.

On the other, Fiend, Demon, Black, Taker, Papa Shango, Kane, the Boogeyman, Scott Steiner and every other supernatural character in some sort of massive never-ending clusterfuck that basically turns into a Siefried and Roy show would also be money

?

"Normally, in a Supernatural Match, you have a 66.6% chance of winning, but when you factor in that I'm a genetic freak..."

Edited by BobbyWhioux
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

12 hours ago, The Natural said:

fbd400fa697e3e27-600x338.jpg

D'oh! 

the worst part about this is the US Championship is so asymmetrical, it's quite easy to tell which way is up and which way is down.

I could actually understand making this mistake with the tag belts

• Like 1

Star ratings from Dave 

Humberto/Gulak/Dorado  3.5  

AJ Styles vs. Cedric Alexander  2 

Braun/Rollins vs. Roode/Ziggler  2.25 

Bayley vs. Charlotte 1.25 

New Day vs. The Revival  2.75

Cross/Bliss vs. Sonya/Mandy  1.75 

The Miz vs. Nakamura 2.25 

Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch  3.75

Kofi Kingston vs. Randy Orton  3