DVDVR Message Board

Clash of the Champions XXXVIII - 9/15/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Just finished the show. I started 30 mins late and just kept falling behind for whatever reason.

I have little memory of the CW Title match which is sad since I actually like everyone involved.

AJ/Cedric was a short, competitive squash but good while it lasted. It definitely would have stolen the show had they given it proper time.

Roode/Ziggler vs. Braun/Seth was decent enough.

Charlotte/Bayley was nice enough while it lasted. I'm kind of torn. On the one hand I would have loved to have seen them get proper time since their chemistry is always so good. On the hand I loved the finish and how it played int the match playing way too much to Charlotte's advantage for Bayley to want to drag it out. Bayley's win was a weasily one, and I love how she got the hell out of dodge after she stole the win.

Revival/New Day was solid. The Revival were magnificent assholes in how they won.

BlissCros vs. Fire & Desire was decent enough. Was nice to see the crowd somewhat into it.

Nakamura/Miz was good. I was worried about Sami doing the same stick as Lio Rush, but I loved his mic getting cut off and Miz later just tossing the thing. It still feels weird at times to see Miz be such an effective mid card face after the last one went so terribly. 

Sasha/Becky was good stuff and the perfect way to give Becky her standing tall moment while protecting Sasha from a big loss. I wonder if they will give them the HIAC match next month.

Kofi/Orton had some nice enough moments, but dragged a bit and had the misfortune of going on after Sasha/Becky.

Rowan/Roman was five minutes longer than it needed to be but fun. Loved seeing Harper return. I'm not a big fa of his, but I do enjoy the team with Rowan.

Seth/Braun was pretty darn good, but illustrates once again that why Seth is not the guy to be leading the brand. The Fiend attack was expected but still nice to get.

The show was generally fun but still felt a little long. Not sure what my MOTN was though I'm leaning towards Becky/Sasha.

Edited by Eivion

2 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Sasha/Becky was good stuff and the perfect way to give Becky her standing tall moment while protecting Sasha from a big loss. I wonder if they will give them the HIAC match next month.

Hoping Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks and Seth Rollins vs. The Fiend are the Hell in a Cell matches this year. If the former happens, it will only be the second women's HIAC match ever, Banks vs. Charlotte Flair was the first at Hell in a Cell 2016.

• Like 1

I'm a little iffy on THE FIEND vs. Seth Rollins in a Hell in a Cell.  I think it's cool but usually those matches go on a while and I don't think Bray should be fighting in a long match right now, I'd rather protect the character than throw him out there for 15-20 minutes where it might get a little boring..  Seth ain't the guy either.  If it was Bray vs. someone who sells better then I'd say sure go for it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'm a little iffy on THE FIEND vs. Seth Rollins in a Hell in a Cell.  I think it's cool but usually those matches go on a while and I don't think Bray should be fighting in a long match right now, I'd rather protect the character than throw him out there for 15-20 minutes where it might get a little boring..  Seth ain't the guy either.  If it was Bray vs. someone who sells better then I'd say sure go for it. 

Squash Seth ;).

• Like 4

since Fiend Bray already has the Mandible Claw it's gotten me to thinking about how he's in position to finally be the character who recycles the thing I liked most about Mankind Foley that I've been waiting decades for:

Having a difference piece of theme music for ring outro/victory.

triumphant Fiend Bray leaving while the innocuous Firefly Funhouse Theme plays would be tremendous

Edited by BobbyWhioux
  • Like 5

20 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

The Fiend shouldn't have along match until maybe Royal Rumble. Seth/Fiend should be 10 minutes or less.

5 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

The two guys who can absolutely get a quality 15-minute match from Bray are both on SDL. It may not be an accident that they're both mixing it up with Bray's former lambs.

Bryan and?

57 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

Are they building to Brock vs Fiend at Mania, or is this just another Roman overcoming the odds Mania?

Rollins v Reigns for the WWE title is set up through the Rumble.

Fiend mauls everyone on the RAW roster between now and Mania!

Bray Wyatt laments that there is no real challenger for The Fiend...

One day there is a knock on the door of the Firefly Fun House...

Image result for aleister black

That or they rebuild the return of The Demon so that we get Demon v Fiend with all the spooky stuff on top and Finn finally gets back the title he never lost.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

That's my only problem with the booking of him so far, I think it's too soon to put him in a title match. Do you want to put the belt on him and ever one chase him for it. Or does he not win an you sorta hurt him by him getting screwed in some way. They've hurt a lot of guys by giving them a shot too early and not going with them. Look at Braun,  he should've been Champ two years ago.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Natural said:

Squash Seth ;).

Honestly this isn't a bad idea. Bray really doesn't need to be wrestling long matches right now and it could finally create a new monster if he just kills Seth dead in the cell. We can argue whether or not its too soon to throw the Fiend in this type of feud(and I'm one of those who say it is), but if you're going to do it, go ALL IN on this.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

I loved this show. And so did my family. I watch the PPV's each month with my buddy who is also a wrestling fan. For the last 13 years my  fam, who were not fans when we met, have watched a lot of wrestling thanks to me, and when a show or match grabs them,  that means it was good stuff. They watched this whole show and we're into it. 

Except Rollins/ Braun. By that time Janette was going to bed and the rest of us were reheating meatballs.

Reheating Meatballs Heat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Man fuck Bryan and Vinny.   They are completely shitting on this show.   One of their main criticisms is everything in some of the matches is "go-go-go".  These motherfuckers LOVE that shit when it's in PWG.  There is no difference.   Actually there is a difference.  WWE matches quite regularly have more psychology than PWG.  

but you don't understand the only reason we got Luke Harper on the show is because Dave told people that he was finished in the WWE.  They were trying to embarrass him by having him on the show tonight.  it was all a plot I say.

Get the fuck out of here with that crap ?   

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 1