DVDVR Message Board

Clash of the Champions XXXVIII - 9/15/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Alright, so dad's gonna be gone for the next couple of weeks, so I'll get this started as they'll be announcing stuff for the next few weeks.   

It's Clash of (the) Champions 38 (& 3)!   ALL TITLEZ DEFENDED~!

KING OF THE RING FINALS - Baron Corbin vs. Chad Gable

FOR THE WWE UNIVERSAL CHAMPIONSHIP - Seth Rollins (c) vs. Braun Strowman

FOR THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP - Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Randy Orton

FOR THE WWE RAW WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Becky Lynch (c) vs. Sasha Banks

FOR THE WWE SMACKDOWN WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Bayley (c) vs. Charlotte Flair

FOR THE WWE RAW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - Seth Is Friend, Not Food (c) vs. Robert Roode/Dolph Ziggler 

FOR THE SMACKDOWN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - The New Day (c) vs. The Revival

FOR THE WOMEN'S TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - Coffeesanity (Bliss/Cross) (c) vs. Fire & Desire

FOR THE UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP - AJ Styles (c) vs. Cedric Alexander

FOR THE INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP - Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Miz

TRIPLE THREAT MATCH FOR THE WWE CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP - Drew Gulak (c) vs. Humberto Carrillo vs. Lince Dorado

Roman Reigns vs. Rowan

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2019 at 12:20 PM, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I've been on an extended break from WWE but i will for sure be watching for Gulak/Lorcan. Hope they get some serious time

If you want to see that match, you'll need to check out the SummerSlam kick-off or the following episode of 205. We're getting Gulak vs Humberto Carrillo here. 

• Sad 1

Nakamura vs Miz and New Day vs. Revival are official

At the moment the card is: 

Universal Champion Seth Rollins defending against Braun Strowman
WWE Champion Kofi Kingston defending against Randy Orton
SmackDown Women's Champion Bayley defending against Charlotte Flair
Raw Tag Team Champions Seth Rollins & Braun Strowman defending against Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode
SmackDown Tag Team Champions Big E & Xavier Woods defending against The Revival
Intercontinental Champion Shinsuke Nakamura defending against The Miz
The finals of the King of the Ring tournament
WWE Cruiserweight Champion Drew Gulak defending against Humberto Carrillo

27 minutes ago, Phil4126 said:

I want to see it go the other way. Nikki snaps and goes ape shit kicking Alexa's ass. There's a babyface run to be had with Alexa, and I just miss crazy Nikki

I thought about that, too.

Works either way.

37 minutes ago, FluffSnackwell said:

Based on the current climate, wouldn't fans go nuts for Nikki going apeshit…..regardless of the circumstances surrounding the break-up? 

Fans cheer "good shit" so I imagine Nikki would be cheered at least initially.   Good to see Fire & Desire get a title shot.  They've been improving so much and I love their new finisher. 

36 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

FYI - the King of the Ring final has been moved to RAW

That honestly sucks for both Gable and Corbin.  Both could really use the big time match on a big stage.

But hey, let's give Corey 20 minutes to lecherously fawn over Mandy and Alexa.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

That honestly sucks for both Gable and Corbin.  Both could really use the big time match on a big stage.

But hey, let's give Corey 20 minutes to lecherously fawn over Mandy and Alexa.  

Just shoot me if that match goes 20. 

Another update: Lince Dorado was added to the cruiserweight match a couple weeks ago. Not that anyone cares, but it lowers the chances for my man Humberto. 

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

That is just dumb considering how they built the tournament up. They should have booted Roman/Rowan to SDL. There really is no reason for it to be on the PPV.

They could just have them keep attacking each other for another couple of weeks and have a street fight on the big Smackdown debut on Fox. 

Big Dog vs. Big Red for the Big Dog Championship is one of the only fresh matches and they're going into it with some heat behind it.

Flair/Bayley and Styles/Alexander should be good too with the crowd reactions cause they're in Charlotte.

2 hours ago, BEN! said:

Big Dog vs. Big Red for the Big Dog Championship is one of the only fresh matches and they're going into it with some heat behind it.

Flair/Bayley and Styles/Alexander should be good too with the crowd reactions cause they're in Charlotte.

If that belt doesn't have the big barking dog from Roman's titantron on it then they doing it ALL WRONG