DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 9/6/19

*Taped for Xplosion: Rosemary & Jordynne Grace def. Faby Apache & Vanilla Vargas

Impact Wrestling - Airing September 6, 2019 from Mexico City, Mexico

*Havok def. Su Yung via DQ when Su used poison mist. After the match, Su continued to attack and sent Havok into the ring post.

*Moose def. Fallah Bahh after the Spear. After the match, Moose continued to beat up Fallah, using the Ankle Lock to taunt Ken Shamrock.

*TJP def. Golden Magic via submission

*Rob Van Dam def. Madman Fulton (w/ Dave Crist) via DQ when Dave shoved RVD off the top rope. After the match, it was 2 on 1 but RVD fought them off and hit the 5 Star Frog Splash on Dave.

*The North (Ethan Page & Josh Alexander)(c) def. LAX (Ortiz & Santana w/ Konnan) to retain the tag team championships when Page pinned Santana in a match where LAX's careers were on the line.

*Brian Cage came to the ring with Melissa Santos for a promo. Cage talked about becoming world champion but it not being like imagined because of injury. Cage announced that he should be cleared in 6 weeks in time for Bound for Glory so he's not vacating the title. Cage then talked about his relationship with Melissa Santos and proposed to her in the ring which she accepted to end the show.

Edited by DreamBroken

Solid show with most things just progressing feuds/angles. the Desi Hit Squad on the Deaners farm has been great. Johnny Swinger's gonna be awesome here. One last fun LAX match, they will be missed for sure. I hope Konnan ends up forming another team or something since he's still been killer on the mic.

Edited by DreamBroken

Bad timing on LAX being distraught at having to leave Impact is kind of lessened by them already having showed up in AEW. TJP vs Golden Magic was finisher overkill, and got a surprisingly quiet reaction. Fallah Bahh however continues to be hugely popular in Mexico, and Moose had his bumping shoes on bigtime in this match.

I was wondering why they were having Brian Cage propose to his wife in the ring, but then I figured it's because they want to have Sami Callihan invade the wedding.

• Like 1

Moose/Fallah Bah was gold, perfect sub-5 minute match.

The ECW guys are well past the sell by date and it shows, I understand bringing them in as 'names' but I'm not sure it's worth it. Who besides them is benefiting from them being on the roster? Either they don't have faith in Fulton or they want to protect RVD at a time when he should be putting guys over. I guess fans of nostalgia who missed out on the previous ten ECW revivals get to see a 3.75 Star Frog Splash in person, that's cool.

LAX/The North obviously had a foregone conclusion but the work is so solid I didn't mind. LAX have run their course with Impact and it was smart to move on to new things, The North are a great replacement in tag title picture, and the finish reflected that. Good stuff.