DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 8/30/19

Taped for Xplosion: Eddie Edwards def. Cousin Jake (w/ Cody Deaner)

Impact Wrestling - Airing August 30, 2019 from Mexico City, Mexico

*Golden Magic def. Taurus, Trey Miguel, & TJP after a 450 splash on Trey while TJP had Taurus in submission.

*Rich Swann & Willie Mack def. The Rascalz (Dezmond Xavier & Zachary Wentz) when Mack pinned Dez with the frog splash

*Taya Valkyrie(c) (w/ John E Bravo) def. Big Mami via submission to retain the knockouts championship. After the match, Tenille Dashwood came out and attacked Taya & Bravo.

*Jordynne Grace & Chik Tormenta def. Kiera Hogan & Vanilla Vargas (w/ Madison Rayne) via DQ which turned into..
*Rosemary, Jordynne Grace, & Chik Tormenta def. Madison Rayne, Kiera Hogan, & Vanilla Vargas when Rosemary pinned Vanilla after Kiera & Madison walked out.

*Michael Elgin def. Rhino in a Falls Count Anywhere Match with the Elgin Bomb after Rhino went through a table.

Edited by DreamBroken
edited due to taping out of order.

12 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

*Big Mami & Nino Hamburguesa def. The Desi Hit Squad (Rohit Raju & Raj Singh w/ The Deaners). The Desi Hit Squad wore overalls from the prior stipulation of working at the Deaners' farm. After the match, Mahabali Shera returned to Impact and attacked the Deaners.

Wow, I hate literally everything in that paragraph. ?

• Haha 1

Pretty awesome show here. Opening 4 way was a fun spotfest. Thought Golden Magic & Taurus both looked great. Swann & Mack vs Rascalz was good stuff, I like Swann & Mack as a team potentially challenging for the titles soon.

Taya continues to rule and Tenille came off like a total star in her debut feeling like a huge deal. Loved the faceoff and see huge potential in Taya vs Tenille. Taya has maybe my favorite output of matches/performances in 2019 while Tenille's been underrated/underutilized for years so this should be epic.

Six woman tag was fun mixing in Tormenta and Vanilla. Callis & Josh continue to be hilarious on commentary. LAX's promo was awesome with them bringing the fire. Main event was another real solid brawl.

And Johnny Swinger is coming soon! That was so unexpected and random that I love it.

The beach angle with Ace Austin and Alisha Edwards was funny. I'm pretty sure Alisha is going to start seeing through it sooner or later. Recruiting Reno Scum... if that's to set up Eddie beating them up soon, fair enough. 

So, what's Vanilla's gimmick in Mexico? Is she supposed to be boring and nothing special, or is the vanilla = plain concept not a thing in Mexico?

A lot of stuff on this show that I liked.

- Lax promo leading up to their leaving match, even though the writing has been on the wall and we all know they have finished up, it’s still going to be sad to see them go from Impact.

- Big Mami’s matrix spot

- Fallah Bah bringing the fire in a promo

- The Ace Austin / Alisha beach angle.

- Taya is great as an asshole heel, she’s been really great the last 6 months in Impact

- The opener and the tag matches were both great as well

• Like 1

Josh's commentary here was filled with fun facts that aren't actually facts. TJP and Swann are the only two men to hold both the X-Division and WWE Cruiserwight belts? Sure. Except for the guy who was champion between them. Dez won the Super J Cup a few years ago? Wrong letter in the middle there.

At least Don kept it funny with his "Madison Rayne is the Bret Hart of the Knockouts!" stuff.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...