DVDVR Message Board

NXT TAPING SPOILERS - 8/21 - 9/11/19

hammerva

Kind of a bummer no one is commenting on the Keith Lee/Dikojavic match from tonight.  Fucking loved it.  Two guys beating the shit out of each other in a non-WWE style.  I literally felt like these two guys really did want to beat the other (which is kind of the point.)  I thought the finish was perfect and actually played into the Keith Lee losing angle.  

Its always weird seeing Holidead w/o the face paint. The match with Io wasn't anything special quash wise though Io did look so damn wonderful going all in as a heel. Honestly Rossy Ogawa probably lost money making Io so damn stoic as ace of Stardom instead of the delightfully, cocky bitch she can be.

Kind of surprised they made Mia look like such a punk bitch complaining about Shayna and co. after the shit she did to them. Even Regal had to point out her bs.

Rhea looked like a star coming out to challenge Shayna.

Lee/Dijakovic was wonderful though I wish Lee won. That was by far the best he has looked in NXT.

Street Profits vs. ReDragon was good stuff as well.

Are we not breaking out episodes individually now?

I did not like the Keith Lee match at all. It really felt a lot like an indie spotfest that people would hate, except with much bigger dudes armed with making ham-fisted reactions in between the next set up of a big move. The turnbuckle face smash thing was really bad. Two behemoths did a top rope Spanish Fly — that should have been a death move instead of a dramatic kickout (from the heel). At least, Keith could have struggled over to make the cover so the kickout has some drama behind it, making one of the most insane spots in memory have some meaning behind it. I can see why other people liked it a ton and maybe I am nit picky but I thought that match was just overrehearsed and inorganic. 

I really dug the tag match. The UE has more experience and craftiness than the SPs and used their chickanery. I loved how Ford and Dawkins reacted to everything matchwise. They have become a really great tag team.

8 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

Are we not breaking out episodes individually now?

Dolfan and I are both basically away from the board right now (for vastly different reasons)

Anyone else could start a thread or it can be in here