DVDVR Message Board

Buddy Murphy Live - 8/13/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Murphy is a made man after tonight. Of course if there's any company that can screw up a can't-miss prospect, this is it.

They're basically doing the "Big Show is broke and at the mercy of the authority" angle with Owens, aren't they?

• Like 1

That was the best TV match I've seen in a long time.  Buddy fucking Murphy.    It reminded me of Cena/Angle back in the day.   Roman is so great right now too.  I mean Roman's been great for a while but this was probably his best match since he came back.  Fantastic stuff.  

Now I await Dave to remind us that Buddy used some of CIMA and Ibushi's offense... smh

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Oh and overall this was just a great show.   Ember Moon vs. Charlotte was pretty damn good also.  Another good showing from Moon here.   I am liking the Roman "who dun it?" story line for the most part.  Daniel Bryan is killing this shit lol. His promos were great.

Charlotte and Roman are both really good at making their opponents look strong in defeat, and I'm glad Ember and Buddy got showcase matches to show off their abilities.  (Drew/Cedric from Raw last night was another nice example of this type of match.)

Disappointed that Shane/KO is still going on,  but otherwise, good episode!

Edited by RIShane

Charlotte/Ember was pretty damn good and easily the best Ember has looked since coming to the main roster. Hopefully she gets more chances to show off like that. Had similar thoughts with Roman/Buddy and Buddy getting more moments. These two matches alone would have made for worthwhile episode, but then we got KO/Joe and New Day vs. Revival/Orton. Tonight was good night for wrestling side of things.

The who is trying to kill Roman story annoys me in that it goes way too far in its ridiculousness to take seriously, but everyone just being so damn good in it keeps me from being able to actively hate it. Bryan was awesome in the locker room segment as he forced Murphy to admit he was a liar via Rowan. All that only for Bryan to say he hates liar so casually before the beatdown was just wonderful to see.

KO/Shane still goign on was the only disappointment.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 2

Shane and K.O. is by far the worst shit on either RAW or SDL right now.  But,  I have to admit it has helped K.O. get over as a babyface.  He would have been over anyway but Shane is so fucking unlikable,  it's really helped K.O.   I'd like to see them move away from it soon though.   

Otherwise I don't really have any complaints from the entire weekend.  I thought this was a good weekend for WWE.  I think NXT needs a little freshening up and I hated the Kofi/Orton non-finish but everything else was pretty good to great.  

A thumbs up weekend for WWE.  

August 31st is going to be insane.  NJPW in London,  NXT UK Takeover and AEW ALL OUT.   

Mentioned in a different thread that I was hoping Buddy/Roman would be a carbon-copy of Buddy/Aleister on the NXT Coconut Loop last year back when Black was Champ and I was super-stoked tonight to see that it was. 

My GOD this Shane McMahon shit is fucking endless. I want the eternal sunshine treatment to wipe his feuds with Seth and now KO from my brain. Just fucking end Shane feuding with people already damn.

On the other hand, Roman and Buddy are the sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

• Like 4