Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
Dolfan in NYC

Raw is Banks Making A Statement - 8/12/19

Recommended Posts

My point isn't based on gender. It's simply a fact: very few wrestlers, male or female, generate a lot of online buzz. Could Sasha become one of those wrestlers? Maybe, her return certainly has people talking. We'll see.

As for why she took a sabbatical: it'll probably be years before we know the entire story, if then. She was the victim of bad booking, but so are others. Do you think if Naomi or Asuka left in a huff, they would be put into a main event story immediately upon coming back? I get it, Sasha is more valuable to the overall product. But I can't imagine her behavior sits well with everyone in the locker room. They may understand to a point, but it's still lousy to see her be rewarded while you try to do your best with almost nothing while properly honoring your contract.

I wish Sasha well. But she had better be on point about everything. The moment she's not, her detractors and anyone she's pissed off along the way will tear her to shreds.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

I wish Sasha well. But she had better be on point about everything. The moment she's not, her detractors and anyone she's pissed off along the way will tear her to shreds.

@MORELOCK is going to try to do that anyway 😄       My point was that she is more valuable than most of the other women but they weren't treating her like it. You have to separate them only because there are separate women's and men's divisions.  So even if someone wanted to say Charlotte and/or Becky are 1 and 2 in popularity,  Sasha is at worst 3rd and there are two women's titles.  For her to have only held the belt for 80 days and for much of her career have to put over less popular talent was not fair to her and what she's worth and while I love both Asuka and Naomi I don't think they have a bigger gripe than Sasha.. though they do certainly deserve better and I would not blame them if they decided to walk out at some point. 

In fact,  some people here will get a kick out of this..   Alvarez on WOL the other day said Asuka and Kairi had the quote  "BOOBOO FACE" the other night.  He claimed they looked unprofessional and wished they could have been anywhere else in the world rather than to be putting over Alexa and Nikki.    It's interesting that I did not see anyone say that on here...  it's interesting that lowkey Rusev has walked out and nobody on here said he is whining and should just stick with it.  But that's the facts,  a lot of people are unhappy.  There's a story going around that Vince promised Dolph he'd let him out of his contract and then he broke that promise recently. A lot of people are being forced to either sit around or work through it. 

Edited by Niners Fan in CT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hell, I saw people in these threads going off on how the Sasha stans would be pissed about whatever happened when literally no one else was bringing up her name.

"Sir, this is a Wendy's..."

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have got to say that I'm totally behind Black Knight-Dolph Ziggler, easily the best thing he's done in his career.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

@Casey The Fiend's debut is 2.8 million views.  Sasha's return is 3.1 million views.  🤨

Views and trending are different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Casey said:

Views and trending are different.

Right, both had been trending (I guess, I am taking your word on the Bray video).  My post said the Sasha comeback video was trending in the top 5 all day on YT.  I discussed a few videos in that post. I think I said The Fiend video was doing very well in that same post.  I think Sasha and The Fiend should both be pushed to the moon. There's room for both 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

There's a story going around that Vince promised Dolph he'd let him out of his contract and then he broke that promise recently.

Dave shot this story down, btw. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Dave shot this story down, btw. 

Either way,  it's more Dolph.   I didn't need to see more Dolph. 😡

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Overly Critical Man said:

That Fiend entrance video on YouTube keeps getting edited down. From 3+ minutes to 1 minute to 56 seconds. YouTube censorship is weird.

That annoys me some as if they kept that as is I could have shared that with a few non-wrestling fans that would have loved the shit out of that.  I'm sure I can find it elsewhere but that's one video that shouldn't have been edited.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Overly Critical Man said:

That Fiend entrance video on YouTube keeps getting edited down. From 3+ minutes to 1 minute to 56 seconds. YouTube censorship is weird.

 

57 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

That annoys me some as if they kept that as is I could have shared that with a few non-wrestling fans that would have loved the shit out of that.  I'm sure I can find it elsewhere but that's one video that shouldn't have been edited.

I shared the full length version WWE put up but that's gone and now these shortened versions. Annoying.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm guessing someone in marketing told them that videos under 2 minutes are more likely to be watched than 3+, but if that's the case then the smart thing to do would be to post the short version in the first place instead of unnecessarily deleting videos and resetting the view count/trending status.

Edited by MORELOCK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

 

 

I know it pains you all very deeply...   😄

@just drew  So in your mind Zeke Elliot should continue to bust his ass for peanuts, lead his team in the playoffs and then when his contract is up and he;s broken down Dallas can low ball him? 

Stone Cold should have never left and just put Brock over?  I mean you've never had this much vitriol for anyone else. 

This is a false equivalency. The average NFL running back career is about three years. Zeke needs to et paid while he can. And Stone Cold should've absolutely put Brock over. Even he admits that now. And you don't know me well enough to know whether or not i've had this vitriol for anyone else. I don't appreciate Sasha's apparent entitlement or the attitude she seems to have about what she deserves. She has not distinguished herself on the main roster and is not worth the trouble IMO. If WWE wants to reward childish, prima donna behavior, that's on them. But I have zero sympathy for anyone who takes their ball and goes home after Dean Ambrose chose to ride out terrible booking and burial attempts his last six months in WWE. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, just drew said:

And you don't know me well enough to know whether or not i've had this vitriol for anyone else.

Right? Everyone who knows you is keen to your hatred of Seth Rollins as your defining characteristic!

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Right? Everyone who knows you is keen to your hatred of Seth Rollins as your defining characteristic!

Don't be mad at me. He's the one that sucks.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, just drew said:

This is a false equivalency. The average NFL running back career is about three years. Zeke needs to et paid while he can. And Stone Cold should've absolutely put Brock over. Even he admits that now. And you don't know me well enough to know whether or not i've had this vitriol for anyone else. I don't appreciate Sasha's apparent entitlement or the attitude she seems to have about what she deserves. She has not distinguished herself on the main roster and is not worth the trouble IMO. If WWE wants to reward childish, prima donna behavior, that's on them. But I have zero sympathy for anyone who takes their ball and goes home after Dean Ambrose chose to ride out terrible booking and burial attempts his last six months in WWE. 

IMO she did more than enough in ring with Charlotte, becky, bayley, ronda and others when given a chance and sold more than enough merch etc to show that she was deserving of a sustained push and she never received it.

You say Zeke could be out of the league soon, but the life of a women's wrestler isn't the same as it is for the men. She is 27 now, she needs to get whatever she can now and if they didn't realize she deserves more I don't think they would have put her right into a feud with Becky, maybe they finally realized what they have with her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, just drew said:

If WWE wants to reward childish, prima donna behavior, that's on them.

Vince McMahon rewards himself quite often.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since we're cherry picking numbers that have no bearing on anything at all: Sasha is at 4.1 million Instagram followers, Alexa at 4. A narrower gap than when I reported the numbers a few months back. If the argument is that pushes should live and die based on social media numbers, the numbers support that Alexa should be pushed on basically the same level as Sasha.

Sorry to all you Kabuki Warriors fans out there, too: only two million between them. In the new world of social media-based booking, Alexa should be squashing them instead of having competitive matches. Perhaps they should be using more hashtags!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ehh, look at it this way:  Sasha as a heel means fewer dive botches.

Edited by PB-13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PB-13 said:

Ehh, look at it this way:  Sasha as a heel means fewer dive botches.

You misspelled "diva."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I don't think we'll be changing each other's minds here so I'll leave it at that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

Since we're cherry picking numbers that have no bearing on anything at all: Sasha is at 4.1 million Instagram followers, Alexa at 4. A narrower gap than when I reported the numbers a few months back. If the argument is that pushes should live and die based on social media numbers, the numbers support that Alexa should be pushed on basically the same level as Sasha.

What was it a few months back? I'm assuming the gap was wider with Sasha still out ahead, right? 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...