DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Banks Making A Statement - 8/12/19

Dolfan in NYC

20 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

Sasha's return was so friggin' great. The Sasha/Becky NXT: Takeover match was such an epic and awesome match. That came before Becky had any sort of cohesive character arc or anything interesting about her. Now she throws fire promos. And she makes her actions in the ring look believable. 

Have we had evil Sasha at all on Raw/Smackdown? I know she came up in Team BAD. But I can't remember her doing anything too heelish. She quickly became an Eddie-style "yes, I cheat, but I'm lovable doing it" face in her classics against Charlotte. But did we have anything at all at any point like Sasha stomping on Bayley's fingers or snapping Izzy's headband or her just being an awful person? 

I'm really excited for this feud. 

Alexa/Nikki is also a great pairing. I'm really excited for when the inevitable happens and Alexa turns on Nikki. The crowd is going to rally behind Nikki really quickly. She's so good at the overexcited, naive type. They're doing a great job with the slow burn.

Braun eventually smashing the hell out of Rollins is also going to be a great moment. 

She worked heel for 10 minutes in the 2018 Royal Rumble. 

I am digging BlissCross and Alexa being the Robert Gibson of the group so that her brain stem stays intact.

WWE needs to not fuck up the Fiend or this big Boss-Man feud.

Big... Bossman.... fuck... I can't get the mind fog now.  My shift has just started.  I've got six more  hours to go.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I am digging BlissCross and Alexa being the Robert Gibson of the group so that her brain stem stays intact.

WWE needs to not fuck up the Fiend or this big Boss-Man feud.

Big... Bossman.... fuck... I can't get the mind fog now.  My shift has just started.  I've got six more  hours to go.

As long as they don’t fire any more missiles ...

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

As long as they don’t fire any more missiles ...

The NK's are still posturing but on the plus side, there is plenty of WWE and sports playing on Armed Forces Network.

7 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Looking at the KOTR list, almost anything but Elias, Corbin, or Drew would be fairly interesting. 

Which means it's probably going to be one of those three.

If they told the story as McIntyre getting his mojo back, I’d at least buy that. 

This wouldve also been a chance to build Big E, though.

BTW - this is the entrants for KOTR that Matt was referencing

This is from wwe.com

The following Superstars have been confirmed to represent their respective brands in the tournament.

Raw

• The Miz
  • Ricochet
  • Cedric Alexander
  • Samoa Joe
  • Drew McIntyre
  • Baron Corbin
  • Sami Zayn
  • Cesaro

SmackDown LIVE

• Kevin Owens
  • Ali
  • Apollo Crews
  • Chad Gable
  • Elias
  • Andrade
  • Buddy Murphy
  • Shelton Benjamin

1 hour ago, FluffSnackwell said:

The only thing missing was Corey getting laid to waste with the chair.

I guess Corey has find a new Sasha to scream at like a moron but heaven forbid Alexa Bliss likes Disney characters.  Meanwhile she is still technically a heel 

I am little confused about the blue hair.   I mean if you are going to treat your hair like a mood ring should it be red?

Edited by hammerva

Thought Raw was kinda boring until Sasha Banks came out. That was awesome. Had my volume down too and I swear it sounded like the Toronto crowd was chanting "THANK YOU SASHA." If that's the case, man was that ever a crowd full of mutants. Sasha's the best person not named Io Shirai to challenge Becky.

Some weirdness on this Raw too. Rey jobs in 2 straight falls and Sami is treated like a total jobber. You'd think both guys were on their way out of the company with the way they're booked. Rey's a legend, can still go, and he's constantly out there jobbing each night. This is worse than before Matt Hardy turned into Woken Matt. And then you had this company refusing to turn Samoa Joe face. This crowd wants him as a face, but they just refuse to fully turn him. So dumb.

The 24/7 championship shit interfering in other matches is stupid.

Liked the main event angle stuff and I'd be into the OC vs Seth, Ricochet, and Braun, but stuff like that works best when someone turns heel and joins the other faction. I can't see Ricochet or Braun turning heel to join the OC and WWE rarely books 4-person or more factions. 

• Like 1

I am thinking the Rey think might be to set up the long rumored Hair vs. Mask match

As a desperate to prove he can beat Andrade Rey puts his mask up because it is all he has left

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I am thinking the Rey think might be to set up the long rumored Hair vs. Mask match

As a desperate to prove he can beat Andrade Rey puts his mask up because it is all he has left

Did Andrade win their two matches on Smackdown back in January? I thought Rey won those.

5 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

Did Andrade win their two matches on Smackdown back in January? I thought Rey won those.

Andrade won the first match. The 2 out of 3 falls match, Rey Mysterio won 2-1 as Samoa Joe interfered in the third and final fall.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I have watched this a few times. This is pretty much a masterpiece in how to return a character. 

1) Sasha’s surprising music hits just when Nattie got into talking about her deceased father. That is the first sign of rudeness. But the last time we saw her, she was in the super goody-too-shoes Boss’n’Hug Connection and she still looks like she has that attitude.

2) She sees some young fan girls at ringside and goes out of her way to give them some of her gear. Total baby face move with many hints of Bayley.

3) A warm smile and a warm hug, with a point to the air and a “He would be so proud of you right now!”

4) And then it is a total sucker punch on a physically hurt woman showing emotional vulnerability. It was a total con by Sasha and the act of a truly awful person. Cowardice at its finest. And it also has the transformative change of hair color to show who she really is. 

5) Of course Becky runs out for the save — she ended up respecting Nattie and just wants a fight more than anything else. Sasha gains advantage in the fight by rolling outside and using that as opposed to standing tall and fighting in the ring.

6) She talks trash and screams MOVE really rudely to the announcer and then lays it the fuck in with the chairs. Becky does such an awesome job making everything — even the basic rib thrust into the barricade — look like death. Becky is so awesome at balancing being the baddest woman alive with that vulnerability.

7) Sasha’s gloating glare back at ringside. She got what she wanted. The motivation wasn’t to hurt Nattie. It was to lure Becky and to cut the line.

A+ segment.

• Like 4