DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Banks Making A Statement - 8/12/19

Dolfan in NYC

Not a bad show. I found it humorous how the crowd almost completely turned pro-Styles by end of the segment. 

I legitimately forgot Bobby Roode worked there.

McIntyre/Alexander was a BANGER. That Claymore looked like it legit put Ced's lights out.

Joe is awesome. Love that dude.

I found the crowd's response to Becky interesting.

I guess WWE is going to reward childish and petty behavior by putting Sasha in a good spot upon her return. To her credit, she got a massive response. Let's see if she can go a month without booboo face or hurting someone.

I'll give Seth some credit; his promo right before his match came somewhere in the ballpark of credible. He still doesn't sound like someone I'd be scared to fight, but he at least appeared confident. WWE is wasting their time trying to make him the guy, but he at least acted the part tonight.

BlissCross might be my favorite act on tv right now. This is the best use for Alexa in her current incarnation. Put her in tags where the risk of concussions is less. Kabuki Warriors brought the goods, too. Liked the finish.

Final segment was okay. Braun is miles ahead of Seth in terms of charisma. Then again, 9/10'ths of the roster is.

Pretty good show overall.

• Like 2

So I'm the one having to make this? Unemployment really isn't doing me any favors...

Sasha was vicious with those beatdowns and timing them to interrupt THAT moment was cold as ice. So was the slap she gave Becky, but probably more than anything else, the crowd chanting "Thank you Sasha". Poor Nattie. 

Raw was also SQUASHES~! The guy with Sua-vay as his last name can't be feeling good now. 

I completely missed the first pinfall in Rey/Andrade and until I read a live blog was convinced they changed the rules mid-match and were lying about it. Also, that rana out of the ring, wow. Rey is certifiable doing that stuff still. 

I enjoyed Joe squashing poor Sami though at the same time I do wish they had something more for Sami.

Rey/Almas was good. Dug Andrade winning to 2 to none. Will be interesting to see where they go with Rey after this.

Cedric/Drew got way more time than expected and was a pretty nice match overall.

The Miz/Dolph match was decent while it lasted, and I dug Dolph countering to talk shit post match again only to get his ass beat again. That should just be Dolph's new gimmick in general.

The Sasha return was wonderful. Her vs. Becky should be an awesome feud.

Kabuki Warriors vs. Bliss/Cross was solid.

The ending with Seth, Braun, & Ricochet brawling OC was alright. I'd be more into the idea of Seth/Braun if I thought Braun was winning.

I loved Cedric vs. McIntyre.  Fantastic stuff with those two.   How come Cole while interviewing Stone Cold didn't use the time to ask him about next week's King of the Ring?  Austin launched one of the most famous promos of all time at KOTR,  maybe he'd be a guy that could put the tournament over???? No?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I loved Cedric vs. McIntyre.  Fantastic stuff with those two.   How come Cole while interviewing Stone Cold didn't use the time to ask him about next week's King of the Ring?  Austin launched one of the most famous promos of all time at KOTR,  maybe he'd be a guy that could put the tournament over???? No?

No. They needed that time to re-iterate how Seth Rollins was a total badass, since they're incapable of telling that story believably any other way.

Edited by just drew
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I don't blame her (Alexa). She's worked her ass off and seen numerous doctors to get cleared and get back in the ring, while Sasha sat home and pouted for four months and went all super emo on social media then and got stuck in a prime spot on her first night back. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, just drew said:

I don't blame her (Alexa). She's worked her ass off and seen numerous doctors to get cleared and get back in the ring, while Sasha sat home and pouted for four months and went all super emo on social media then and got stuck in a prime spot on her first night back. 

I can understand why some won't be happy with it. While other women were working, Sasha Banks wasn't.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Sasha's return was so friggin' great. The Sasha/Becky NXT: Takeover match was such an epic and awesome match. That came before Becky had any sort of cohesive character arc or anything interesting about her. Now she throws fire promos. And she makes her actions in the ring look believable. 

Have we had evil Sasha at all on Raw/Smackdown? I know she came up in Team BAD. But I can't remember her doing anything too heelish. She quickly became an Eddie-style "yes, I cheat, but I'm lovable doing it" face in her classics against Charlotte. But did we have anything at all at any point like Sasha stomping on Bayley's fingers or snapping Izzy's headband or her just being an awful person? 

I'm really excited for this feud. 

Alexa/Nikki is also a great pairing. I'm really excited for when the inevitable happens and Alexa turns on Nikki. The crowd is going to rally behind Nikki really quickly. She's so good at the overexcited, naive type. They're doing a great job with the slow burn.

Braun eventually smashing the hell out of Rollins is also going to be a great moment. 

• Like 2

I'll say this; pairing Sasha with Becky is the right move. It's the only pairing between the Horsewomen that hasn't been done to death. Well, Charlotte and Bayley hasn't been done to death, but it's been done. Sasha/Bayley at Survivor Series will be LIT, though...

• Like 1