DVDVR Message Board

The Baseball Hall of Fame Thread

LethalStriker

Thomas, Maddux, Glavine, Biggio, Morris, Bagwell, Piazza, Raines, Smith and a joke vote for RICHIE SEXSON(I'm really serious though, greatest Yankee of my lifetime.)

Our voting is just as bad as the writers. If Bonds isn't a hall of famer none of these guys are. If Bonds doesnt get in they need to just tear the fucking thing down. Only Babe Ruth has a case against Barry Lamar.

He's got no case over Greg Gagne.

I need to not be lazy and edit the polls so there is a none of the above in each poll since it is requiring you to vote in both - and no one in the second poll would trump anyone in the first poll for me

Our voting is just as bad as the writers. If Bonds isn't a hall of famer none of these guys are. If Bonds doesnt get in they need to just tear the fucking thing down. Only Babe Ruth has a case against Barry Lamar.

I understand what you are saying.

For me personally - I just ignored Bonds and Clemens so I could stay at 10. Granted a couple of my votes are for guys I am huge marks for.

If I had an actual HOF vote - Bonds and Clemens would have replaced those mark votes

Yeah, that annoyed me a lot.  Had to take Bagwell off just to vote for somebody, anybody in the second group.

I can edit that now. If you tell me who you throw away vote was for - I can move the vote to Bagwell

I went kinda chalk on this voting for Frank Thomas, Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine, Craig Biggio, Jeff Bagwell, Barry Bonds, Roger Clemmens, Tim Raines, Mike Piazza, and Alan Trammel. Only reason why I voted for Bonds and Clemmens is that I'm just sick of the discussion about if they should be in or not, so let's just be done with it and vote these two guys in and move the fuck on. Each year they don't get voted in means it's another year of grousing over what they did.

I just noticed that Striker forgot Mike Mussina - I added him as a choice (not that it really matters)

But yeah... Mussina definitely deserved to be at least an option over like either Jones

He's got no case over Greg Gagne.

Both Mays and Aaron say hi as well. . .

He was kind of a compiler also..

9 straight seasons of 38+ HRs and 100+ RBI isn't a "compiler".  Would be 11 straight of 37/100 if not for the strike in 1994.

My votes: Thomas, Maddux, Glavine, Bonds, Clemens, Trammell, Palmeiro

Shoulda voted for Piazza but missed checking the box for him.

Palmeiro's offensive numbers were pretty clearly a product of the era he played in and his home park (for a good chunk of his career). And it's not as if he was thought of as this killer when he played - three top ten MVP finishes, only one of which was a top five. 132 OPS+ sticks him right around Todd Helton, Adrian Gonzalez, Mo Vaughn, and Mark Teixeira under first basemen. Seems about right to me. If the ballot wasn't *as* crowded, he might be able to sneak on. But I can't rationalize putting him ahead of Thomas, Bagwell, Maddux, Piazza, Clemens, Mussina, Raines, and Bonds, and I think Glavine, Biggio, and maybe Walker and Edgar have better cases than him as well.