DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Short People - 8/6/2019

Dolfan in NYC

So Roman just goes and randomly beats the fuck out of Buddy Murphy and he says "Rowan".   And so that sets up a match... this Sunday?

Alright, I guess.

The only other interesting thing about this show was that Kennadi Brink is apparently now on the main roster.  So good for her. 

I think if Roman was booked like this from the beginning he'd be in a lot better shape as THE guy on RAW and SDL.  He walked in told everyone to get the fuck out,  asked a couple questions and then kicked some ass. Too bad about the reveal,  I'd have liked to see this go a bit longer. 

• Like 1

Guessing that Roman/Bryan doesn't happen as an actual match on Sunday, but more of the continuation of the angle. The show is already bloated enough as it is. Roman coming to the ring, calling out Bryan, Bryan reveals "it was him all along", they have a brawl, end of segment would be a good filler between some other matches to break up the flow a bit. And, yeah, using the "2nd biggest show of the year" to kick-start an angle rather than it being the blow off sounds dumb, but..........

29 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Swerve, bro. Rowan was acting on behalf of his former brother in bludgeoning. Harper vs Roman on Fox! Harper beats Kofi for the belt! Harper solves the ratings woes! It's all coming up Harper! YEAHYEAHYEAH

Image result for luke harper towel pic

• Like 5

The Trish/Charlotte faceoff was decent enough.

Nattie/Ember was basically just angle, but I liked it, particularly Ember being weary of Bayley after the last two weeks.

Sami/Black is another match pulled from Summerslam which I'm kind of good with.

Ali coming down to stand up for Rey was nice. Could have done w/o Dolph beating him clean, especially since Dolph is getting squashed on Sunday.

Thought the Kofi vid was nice.

New Day vs. Bryan/Rowan was good while it lasted.

I've not been fond of this weird who hunting Roman angle, but I did enjoy Roman kicking Murphy's ass to get info out of him. It does feel weird that with this build  they are seemingly saving Roman/Bryan for after Summerslam.

13 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Blind Guardian shirt tonight on Rowan... well, at least it wasn't Hammerfall. 

Their song "battlefield" was used in a, roh? I think, highlight video I saw,someone made like 15 years ago. Turned me on to them and a Lot of other bands he's worn on his shirts. I marked. I can't find it upon a cursory search. Maybe one of the friends here can.

4 hours ago, MonteCarl said:

Guessing that Roman/Bryan doesn't happen as an actual match on Sunday, but more of the continuation of the angle. The show is already bloated enough as it is. Roman coming to the ring, calling out Bryan, Bryan reveals "it was him all along", they have a brawl, end of segment would be a good filler between some other matches to break up the flow a bit. And, yeah, using the "2nd biggest show of the year" to kick-start an angle rather than it being the blow off sounds dumb, but..........

In fairness, using Summerslam as the angle kickoff (though it’d been building a couple of weeks prior) last year worked great for Becky. 

22 minutes ago, RIShane said:

In fairness, using Summerslam as the angle kickoff (though it’d been building a couple of weeks prior) last year worked great for Becky. 

That's the only thing I remember from SummerSlam 2018, the crowd erupting when Becky Lynch attacked Charlotte Flair after the Triple Threat match. Carmella was the third participant.

Edited by The Natural

30 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

I like me a good wrestling whodunit. 

Soooo Roman/Joe vs Bryan/Rowan anyone?

And of course, Joe is in on it, while Sti.... er, Roman, stupidly believes him, only to be SHOCKINGLY betrayed down the road. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

And of course, Joe is in on it, while Sti.... er, Roman, stupidly believes him, only to be SHOCKINGLY betrayed down the road. 

Whatatwist!

#shyamalan 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Eivion said:

Ali coming down to stand up for Rey was nice. Could have done w/o Dolph beating him clean, especially since Dolph is getting squashed on Sunday.

The idea is to build Dolph for Goldberg. Ali going over would have made zero booking sense.

Ali losing to Dolph and this video

Clearly mean that either Ali/Nakamura isn't gonna happen at all or it will be post Summerslam (And honestly I think its the former)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

As long as we get a Roman/Joe/Usos Survivor Series team up before the betrayal.

2 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

The idea is to build Dolph for Goldberg. Ali going over would have made zero booking sense.

Its less than a week to a show where no one believes Dolph has even the slightest chance in hell of winning his match. I also never said Ali should have won, just not lost clean to a guy who is about to get squashed hard.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Clearly mean that either Ali/Nakamura isn't gonna happen at all or it will be post Summerslam (And honestly I think its the former)

I'm guessing the latter. That promo felt like Nakamura trying to avoid Ali.

On 8/7/2019 at 8:33 AM, MORELOCK said:

It makes less sense to book Ziggler as an actual threat. His segments should be him in an arena corner, with his pants drenched in piss, crying “He’s coming to kill me” over, and over again to build to Goldberg. The blood thirsty fans will eat up these SummerSlam Groupons to watch this live murder. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2