DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlers not fitting in an era...

TerjeRUN

Yeah, I really dug his run with Santino but I can see Ryback and Santino doing the same thing only not being as awesome. Was Kozlov and Masters ever a team? Because that sounds like a great pair of workrate ass-stompers, at least if you put them together at the end of their runs. 

Oh man, WWE needs to bring in Masters and Kozlov to feud with the Shield. Masters working FIP until the hot tag to Kozlov for the ramming and suplexing to begin would be sweet. I can only imagine the ways Rollins would bump for Kozlov and they could push Kozlov as a guy being able to match Reigns size it could be glorious.

I'd argue Kozlov's clean televised win over Undertaker and (as anticlimactic it was) mere involvement in a match for the right to challenge the streak makes his push just as legit as Ryback's. Honestly, Ryback's whole current arc seems like some kind of massive rib on Goldberg. Even Ryback's wins over Bryan came after his "undefeated streak" and only served to make Bryan more of a star than him; and also more or less began the theme of Ryback as an impotent frustrated bully.

Most of this thread has been about guys who made it to at least the mid-card, but which 1980s "enhancement" talent would be at least a mid-carder somewhere because they would fit in better today? Barry Horowitz? SD Jones? Iron Mike Sharpe? Paul Roma seems like a shoo-in for a two-time TNA champion if he could get a brief WWE mid-card push first.

Oh man, there is a bunch of dudes, even dudes I know personally, who woulda tore shit up in the territories.. Today really is a unique situation. (Uniquely unfair and shitty.)

This is one concept that just gets overlooked to no end. Imagine how different wrestling would be if there were 10-20 territories. So many more guys making money....

Most of this thread has been about guys who made it to at least the mid-card, but which 1980s "enhancement" talent would be at least a mid-carder somewhere because they would fit in better today? Barry Horowitz? SD Jones? Iron Mike Sharpe? Paul Roma seems like a shoo-in for a two-time TNA champion if he could get a brief WWE mid-card push first.

Roma  would have to be willing to put guys over like a man first. . . .

Oh man, there is a bunch of dudes, even dudes I know personally, who woulda tore shit up in the territories.. Today really is a unique situation. (Uniquely unfair and shitty.)

This is one concept that just gets overlooked to no end. Imagine how different wrestling would be if there were 10-20 territories. So many more guys making money....

100% agreed. And that's not even factoring in how much more improved and well-rounded folks could be by having the opportunity to work different styles in front of decently-sized audiences.