DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Joe vs. The SUV - 8/5/2019

Dolfan in NYC

29 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

I'd argue that the Becky feud did plenty to help get Lacey Evans over as a main roster wrestler with the casual audience, but I really don't want to argue about Lacey Evans.

Has Lacey even been on tv since Extreme Rules?

(Edit: She apparently wrestled Dana Brooke on Main Event?)

Also, WWE has casual fans?  Where is he?  I'd like to meet him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Doc Townsend said:

Has Lacey even been on tv since Extreme Rules?

There are a number of over people not currently on TV. Lacey getting title shots on the big stage and being treated as a serious threat to Becky's title absolutely does make her look more credible than, say, Ruby Riott. So I'd argue that it helped her. Not in a way that will matter long-term, though, since it's *essential* for her to be on TV right now if they want to control the damage they caused by pushing her into a title match right out of NXT with no build.

10 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am confused

Was there any explanation as to why Trish was technically teaming with Nattie?

Or is it just young = cool face and veteran = heel.

Or or - are we just back to Canadians are evil?

(This is all based on the fact that Charlotte and Trish have clearly defined roles in that match)

I figured it was just a standard pre PPV teaser tag match. No other reason.

It's actually pretty likely that, had WWE opted to run Asuka-Becky, they would have fucked it up tremendously.

So yes, it is a trick question, and the only real answer is "Sasha Banks vs. Sasha Banks in a Steel Sasha Banks."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

I figured it was just a standard pre PPV teaser tag match. No other reason.

No, I'm pretty sure it was the Canadian thing. They're trying to do a little homage to 97 Canada vs. America, where Natty is Bret and Becky is Austin. So having her and Trish be on the same team here makes sense. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

From a logic standpoint, Becky trying to avenge her loss to Asuka makes every possible sense to follow Mania, or at least build to a SummerSlam match. Not feuding with an unfrozen 18th Century plantation heiress.

I love that line so much. WWE needs to bring Col. Parker back for the Parker/Lacey wedding. Here's the twist, Parker is Lacey's father. Vince's incest angle! Bunkhouse Buck is involved in there somewhere, but I'll leave that for @BEN!

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Also, of note, I honestly cannot remember the last time they actually ran the title sequence at the top of the show.  It has to have been at least a year.

I think it stopped with the January McMahon Reboot. I always liked having the opening, feels like they need a new theme, the last several haven't been as memorable as previous eras.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

From a logic standpoint, Becky trying to avenge her loss to Asuka makes every possible sense to follow Mania, or at least build to a SummerSlam match. Not feuding with an unfrozen 18th Century plantation heiress.

It makes sense, but given WWE went out of their way to pretend that loss didn’t even happen, (they aired an Asuka hype video a couple of weeks later and didn’t even acknowledge the match at all). I suspect it’s something smarks see as a bigger deal than WWE.