DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Joe vs. The SUV - 8/5/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Just now, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't understand why Goldberg vs. Ziggler is a thing.  Other than that,  pretty good RAW...     women's tag title scene is a shit show.

Goldberg wanting to make amends for his match with The Undertaker at Fuck Saudi Arabia like 'Taker did at Extreme Rules. 

I was so very confused as to what Sonya was doing while Asuka had Mandy in the Asukalock. It seemed like she couldn't decide whether she should get in the ring to attempt to break up the hold up or not which then left Kairi seemingly confused as to whether she needed to get in the ring to prevent it.

• Sad 1

Happy for Nikki Cross.  She went from one of the best things on NXT to "I'm not sure which brand I was even drafted to."  Granted she's nothing like she was on NXT,  but they've given her an angle that she could either become a major player with...or be the next Alex Riley.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

Happy for Nikki Cross.  She went from one of the best things on NXT to "I'm not sure which brand I was even drafted to."  Granted she's nothing like she was on NXT,  but they've given her an angle that she could either become a major player with...or be the next Alex Riley.

Like Becky Lynch, it's a shame Nikki Cross never held the NXT Women's Championship. I'm also happy for Cross for the reasons you gave.

"Did you really follow us to our doctor's appointment?"

"O-B-G-WHY NOT!?"

So they've redeemed the 24/7 Title and we can get back to the Wacky Adventures of Drake Maverick and R-Truth rather than. . .whatever that was.

• Like 1

The opening tag with Charlotte/Becky vs. Nattie/Trish was solid. Dug the promo later from Becky.

Rey/Almas was damn good as expected.

I was pleased to see Mike be the one to pin Maria even if he did lose the title 30 seconds later. I also just like how Truth knows no boundaries when it comes to the belt.

The who is trying to murder Roman mystery is just weird though tonight's attempt was way better than that shit on SDL from last week.

Th Women's Tag Titles match was decent in some parts remarkably less so in others. I'm never fond of these multi-team matches unless they are proper tornado tag brawls. Otherwise they tend to get messy like tonight, especially with the women who ever even less used to them. The final segment between KW & Bliss/Cross was nice enough. Can't say I'm happy they gave the belts to Alexa and Nikki though hopefully it means the titles and division will get a bit more prominence while they are champs.

Goldberg/Ziggler does absolutely nothing for me.

Was interesting to see someone realized that Summerslam had way too many damn matches with how many potential ppv matches were booked tonight. Hopefully it means the show will be a little leaner.

32 minutes ago, caley said:

Also Joe looking after Roman made me want Joe/Roman as tag champions defending the belt against AOP and Viking Raiders in a never-ending series of slobberknocker tag hoss fights

I've wanted a team of Joe and Roman for a bit now if only so they could be called the Samoa Joes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you want me to cheer Seth Rollins have him stumble out there on crutches, struggle to get in the ring while Brock laughs at him and then raise the crutch up and shoot tranquilizer gas into Brock's face and as he falls to his knees start beating him mercilessly with the crutch.

I mean, I expect at least that out of Heyman.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

As Joe's biggest fan, I say... who cares? He stays over and he's the best.

I'm a Samoa Joe fan and he stays over despite losing. I just want him to win more and back up the verbiage. Hold some Championships as well. Surprised it took till this year for Joe to get a main roster title.

Edited by The Natural