DVDVR Message Board

Total Extreme Warfare/EWR Booking Committee

jaedmc

So we don't bog down the WWE 2k Nerds. 

I love this game. Between this and Fire Pro I don't really need another Wrestling game to scratch any of my creative rasslin' itches.

I love playing historical mods as opposed to current day. Anytime I play modern I usually book through a year or less and feel satisfied and less inspired to keep going. 

I also love doing weird shit to play with the game worlds that don't really benefit me. Like in the 94 mod, I had Warrior come back and AI Vince decided to give him a FAT contract, and remove Bret as "Face of the Company" and replace him with fucking Warrior. Warrior preceeded to wrestle like twice over the next year. Hilarious.

I ALWAYS book Yokozuna as a Hawaiian Kingpin character named King Kokina. And my favorite build was having decimate the mid 90's WCW roster and only Ron Simmons could stop him. Good times.

• Like 1

I had a 2001 roster where I ran a save where Shane/Linda actually DID buy and run WCW as a seperate entity, retaining it's roster at death and allowing a couple alumns on the WWF roster to jump over.  I ended up slow building the entire promotion around AJ Styles by 2003 and was rocking and rolling.

My big EWR thing was making up my own promotion, positioning it to be bigger than ECW but smaller than the big two, then running it against WWE and WCW. I think my favourite all-time EWR angle was the time I was running my own company, and we eventually signed Vader. We debuted him by running a mystery challenger for the world title angle, then Vader rolls up in a limo, walks out to the ring, and wins the world title in his debut off the top babyface. Then the next few months were about the chase to see who would beat big bad Vader at Fake Promotion Wrestlemania, as he just beats everyone in the company and basically goes undefeated for a few months. Knocking down every challenger until naturally the top babyface takes the title off him as part of our biggest moneymaking feud. Then the next TV show Vader crashes his title celebration and just absolutely murders him, getting himself suspended, which sets up the rest of the series. That whole angle was what propelled us into the BIG TIME. Shit was great.

• Like 2

I'm going through the dev diary again my God are the changes far more expansive and incredible than I remember. I'm blown away by how much has been rewritten and how big some of the changes could be. Love it.

My favorite run was booking AWA in Death of the Territories. Mid-Atlantic neglected to re-sign Flair, so he and Hogan became my top two. Hogan was the #1 face, and I put Flair with Bock under Heenan as the "Brain Trust" as my lead heels. I also had Jumbo, Hansen, Martel, a rising Curt Hennig, a slew of promising newcomers like Leon White and Scott Hall, and I even took a chance on some young Japanese dude named Takada.

Edited by Super Weak Machine

13 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

This thread motivated me to finally install EWR on my Mac via wineskin, along with a current database. AEW was booted off TNT during their first month and fell to cult status in their third month. 

Where do you get this game from? I've used wineskin before, so i could probably manage it. 

EWB is a really good resource for current, monthly stat updates and the like (and a good forum to boot). Some guys there are working on TEW/EWR scenarios too, like a Marvel one and a very detailed TEW16 2002 scenario.

Home of Pro Wrestling has mods/scenarios/utilities/picture packs/etc for every TEW game, EWR, Promotion Wars, WMMA and some other games.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A: I’m good for either. 

B: I’d lean Cornellverse but I’m biased since I know the C’Verse like the back of my hand. That said, I know there’s the some early 80s one. Maybe on were we try to keep the AWA running and trying to grow?

c) Either works for me.

Edited by The Man Known as Dan

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/6/2019 at 12:49 AM, jaedmc said:

I ALWAYS book Yokozuna as a Hawaiian Kingpin character named King Kokina.

I want you to know I've ripped off this idea in my Japan fed in WWE 2K19. I changed the Yokozuna attire to be purple and gold and used Regal's extravagant purple and gold robe for his entrance attire. He's backed up by the Faces of Fear as bodyguards with Umaga acting as the stable's savage pitbull ?

As an aside, that game is a black void where my time disappears doing nothing of note ("Oh, I just need to tweak this arena", "oh, I just need to change some moves" etc). My missus just sits next to me glaring for three hours haha

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

They've done a great job of getting a shit tonne of info on single windows. The main pain in the ass right now is, at least for now, the scroll wheel has been disabled for going through lists. WAI?

Other than that, it looks great! Love the comparison features. 

To get old school list interactions with the wheel and arrow keys go into options and your preferences. Deselect "enable new-style coloured lists" and you're good to go. You miss out on the little blue button highlighting your current selection and names of champions in roster screens being highlighted in yellow and injured roster members in red (Adam confirmed this). If it's just that I'm sacrificing for sweet, sweet mouse scrolling then I will pay that price.