Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

Recommended Posts

Someone, anyone, like AJ Styles or Rollins or Creed or anyone needs to sit down with VC and be like, "Here you go. This is Here Comes the Pain, No Mercy, WrestleMania 2000, VPW 2, Day of Reckoning, Def Jam, WWE All Stars, and the good SD vs Raw game." Then have those guys study those games endlessly, get them to understand that this doesn't need to be the Gran Turismo of wrestling games and it doesn't need to be photo realistic, proper physics and weight detection and all that matter so much more, and getting them to understand that everything needs to have weight to it and can't be floaty. You don't need overly complex control schemes using thumbsticks and all of that bullshit. The AKI control scheme is still about the most perfect one ever made and if they want to expand on that somehow in a way that doesn't break it then fine. Throw in all the modes people expect and want, and call it good.

You may say that all of that would require a new engine, but looking at things...this engine is fucking old and the wheels have finally come off. VC needs to design and create something they're familiar with. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm fucking dying.

I lost at the replay of the move, which was also completely broken.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly feel bad for those of you that have hung on this long because all you want is for the big licenced wrestling game to be good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

I honestly feel bad for those of you that have hung on this long because all you want is for the big licenced wrestling game to be good.

Several of the 2K games have been good, actually. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the series peaked either last year because of towers and the rollouts or the year prior. I don't get the love for here comes the pain or any of the svr games, so yeah, those are the best wwe games since no mercy for me. All stars was fun too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It peaked last year because the 4 vs 4 elimination matches actually worked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forget... Did they fix the fps drops on those? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I last bought 2k14 before this year I happened to be given a copy of 2K17. Being my first one in years, I thought it was pretty good and fun with the graphics/faces being really good so this is looking like a jarring step back from then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This one had me howling. 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

This one had me howling. 

It's a HHH and HBK DX tribute spot with HHH being too lazy to even stand up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nightmare fuel.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So many botches by bugs.

Edited by The Natural
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Death From Above said:

I honestly feel bad for those of you that have hung on this long because all you want is for the big licenced wrestling game to be good.

I stopped buying and playing the actual game years ago. Nowadays I just rent to use CAS occasionally. Probably not doing that this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Craig H said:

I can't recall the last time a game made me laugh this much for being so bad. I'd feel bad for Visual Concepts and 2K and WWE, but fuck 'em. They put themselves in this mess by still putting out another game this year when it was clear they should have taken a year off.

I always think back to when UFC 2 had a ton of problems and UFC and whoever at THQ made the call to not do the game yearly so they could get it right.

The end result was UFC Undisputed 3, the best game in the series. Has a claim to be the best MMA game ever though I'd go for EA Sports MMA.

6 hours ago, Craig H said:

Someone, anyone, like AJ Styles or Rollins or Creed or anyone needs to sit down with VC and be like, "Here you go. This is Here Comes the Pain, No Mercy, WrestleMania 2000, VPW 2, Day of Reckoning, Def Jam, WWE All Stars, and the good SD vs Raw game." Then have those guys study those games endlessly, get them to understand that this doesn't need to be the Gran Turismo of wrestling games and it doesn't need to be photo realistic, proper physics and weight detection and all that matter so much more, and getting them to understand that everything needs to have weight to it and can't be floaty. You don't need overly complex control schemes using thumbsticks and all of that bullshit. The AKI control scheme is still about the most perfect one ever made and if they want to expand on that somehow in a way that doesn't break it then fine. Throw in all the modes people expect and want, and call it good.

You may say that all of that would require a new engine, but looking at things...this engine is fucking old and the wheels have finally come off. VC needs to design and create something they're familiar with. 

Smackdown vs. RAW 2006. From the wrestling games I've played to give to the developers:

Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain, Smackdown vs. RAW 2006, Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth, Fire Pro Wrestling on the GBA and WrestleMania 2000.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talked to a friend in the industry. They think this game is basically going to be impossible to fix, but the nature of the business is that they have to release this game or else they're in deep shit. This isn't like an EA situation back in 2011 or whatever when they could just cancel NBA Elite at the last minute. VC and 2K aren't going to risk the capital and probably can't. So the only option is to release a broke ass game that can't possible be fixed because many of these bugs and glitches would require a complete overhaul of the game. It would take a No Man's Sky-like undertaking to fix this thing and that's just not the model they're working with. You'll see stuff like the My Career and Universe mode bugs fixed, but you would need a working team working around the clock to fix this game and they'll be pivoting to 2K21 so, yeah, this game will never not be dogshit.

My friend could be wrong and they don't work for 2K or VC or anything like that, but going off of their own experience, it's hard to see a way this thing could be completely fixed.

One other thing to point out - this is going to see a high rate of returns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Talked to a friend in the industry. They think this game is basically going to be impossible to fix, but the nature of the business is that they have to release this game or else they're in deep shit. This isn't like an EA situation back in 2011 or whatever when they could just cancel NBA Elite at the last minute. VC and 2K aren't going to risk the capital and probably can't. So the only option is to release a broke ass game that can't possible be fixed because many of these bugs and glitches would require a complete overhaul of the game. It would take a No Man's Sky-like undertaking to fix this thing and that's just not the model they're working with. You'll see stuff like the My Career and Universe mode bugs fixed, but you would need a working team working around the clock to fix this game and they'll be pivoting to 2K21 so, yeah, this game will never not be dogshit.

My friend could be wrong and they don't work for 2K or VC or anything like that, but going off of their own experience, it's hard to see a way this thing could be completely fixed.

One other thing to point out - this is going to see a high rate of returns.

The problem is this should be an EA / NBA Elite situation where the game gets cancelled; but because it's proven that 2K doesn't care about the people buying their games (see: NBA 2K and microtransactions, the work environment at Rockstar) then nothing will happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Class act by Edge.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was watching a little bit of NewLegacyInc do the career mode that everyone is talking about and I need to watch the whole thing because in the 30 minutes alone there was so much what the fuck script moments:

1.  Everyone talks about the Natalya scene which was awful but the other parts are just as funny.   X-Pac spending most of the conversation talking about how he was on a "all mustard diet" and that the male version was "the drizzling craps" (PG product).  The male guy having a conversation with Styles saying that he hit him so hard in the jaw that he can tell if it is raining by a tingling in his jaw.  Just amazing script writing

2.  So I guess the two career modes characters lied to their parents that they were going to this college in Calgary or wherever this place is supposed to be.  The mom seems to be worried and the only thing the dad cares about is that they use his credit card with cash back option so he can take a great vacation 

3.  I guess one of the goals in their WWE memory/story board or whatever they call it is a "crybaby match".  

Here are some glitch examples

 

Edited by hammerva
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...