DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K20

If they can somehow No Man's Sky this into something at least playable then I'll give them credit for that.  But this is the main issue with yearly cycles and companies refusing to hold off on releasing until the following year, and I doubt they'll work on this considering there's next year's game to work on. 

It's amazing how 2K pretty much made Yukes so miserable they had to leave so they can enjoy making a wrestling game again.  And after years of complaining about Yukes it turns out they had some good stuff going after all.  I'm calling it right now but I see them working on AEW's video game and it could actually be pretty good.  But karma's biting 2K in the ass and I can't help but laugh at it all.

57 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

I don't know who that is fighting Baron Corbin, but dude knows how to sell a finisher.

It's Shane Thorne, who I only know from being the guy that teamed with whatever the fuck they were calling Mickey Nicholls in a team that was all letters and numbers and shit for a name which sounded fucking dumb

Considering that the whole series is 20 years old and from my understanding only had small-ish changes in each iteration, the code basis is probably quite complicated and hard to maintain or even to extend. I would not be surprised, if there are core parts of the code that only a very small number of Yuke's-developer had any understanding of. Other parts probably no one even dared to touch for years. Now after the split from Yuke's, new developers had to take over and they literally did not know what they were doing. I would not be surprised, if the source code itself has reached that part in its life-cycle, where technical debt (that came in to the regular release cycle without doing any proper refactoring of older code) is too big, to make any sensible releases anymore, i.e. the software is dead (unless they want to spend one or two years just cleaning up the mess that accumulated over the years, without doing anything else).

So all this being said - I've enjoyed what I've played so far.  I haven't run into any game breaking bugs like have been posted in this thread.  Career mode is completely absurd, but fun.  Having a male and female character feels fresh and at least the first few chapters have a lot more variety than playing through a more linear career like last year.

Maybe I'm just looking for ways to justify my $90, but so far I'm happy with it.  

So, I watched Twitch Rivals, or at least a bit of it, and the online meta basically being "knock down, spam stomp" make this look like the least fun thing that could be possibly played online.

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

So, I watched Twitch Rivals, or at least a bit of it, and the online meta basically being "knock down, spam stomp" make this look like the least fun thing that could be possibly played online.

Hey, that’s how I dominated the old Sega Genesis Royal Rumble game! The more things change, ya know?