DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K20

I have only watched a little bit of the NLegacy Twitch stream that they did for the midnight release but what I did see if you hated the back and forth between Corey and Saxton on Smackdown in real life you are going to DESPISE it in this game.    

I can't stop laughing at that ropes gif.  Holy shit.

I would have thought there'd be some actual reviews on launch day but don't see any which is concerning.  I wonder if anybody here got it and I'm also curious if the day one patch helps with all this mess.

• Haha 1

I got it, because I am a fool and have the day off so I figured why not.

I'm in the process of the full download, but have been able to play with the pre-loaded characters in one on one mode and boy is it glitchy.  The ropes basically stick to you any time you touch them.  I haven't had anything as game breaking as the GIFs posted, but it's pretty bad.  Count outs seem to stop when you are doing moves and then resume afterwards so the count is super uneven.  Gameplay wise it feels about the same so far as last year.  It took a couple matches to get used to some of the new button mapping (Y for reversals and X+A for sig/finishers) but it feels fine now.

Hopefully I'll be able to dive into some of the other modes today, but this download is moving slow as dirt so we'll see.  

edit: Oh ... and yea the wrestlers faces are horrifying pretty much the whole time no matter what they are doing.  

Edited by CSC

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I really hope the next clip that comes from this is some 75 year old going EH EH a lot  putting her in stretching holds and her screaming in pain.  While the male doofus in this video tries run out and falls down because that seems to be what he does in this mode.

I would also like a wrestler's new thing to power walk around the ring on their knees like almost all of these videos have shown.  

Edited by hammerva
  • Haha 3

I've heard of worse shit.

Like Denker was saying that if you add a logo to a wrestler in the career mode, you know, like a custom shirt design or a face photo or anything THE MODE WILL NOT LOAD.

Post patch.

If you put a CAW into Universe mode - that mode that we all overflow with created characters to make our own promotions - it erases all their stats, all their moves, and puts them back to default.

So all of us lazy motherfuckers that would download every wrestler we wanted and put them in the game would basically have to redo all that stuff from scratch (I think the looks don't get messed up though).

POST 20 GB PATCH.  Mannnnnnnnnnn I can only imagine how bad the game was before that.

• Haha 1

I need to follow up on some people on Twitter that were doing the "So what, it's just previews, I'm dropping $90 for this and it'll be amazing and all you shitting on it are just clowns" routine are still crowing.

• Like 1

Well since it sounds like they lost a ton of their previous employees it isn't like they have a good basis to judge on previous versions.  I can't imagine saying stuff like "these facial expression look so much better when the last people worked here"  would go over well at 2K. 

But on the basics yeah someone should have seen it

Edited by hammerva

My god. The people on Reddit and Twitter refusing to believe this is a terrible game and even calling it a great game are like the fucking people on Krypton refusing to believe anything was wrong before the planet blew up.

• Haha 3

I can't recall the last time a game made me laugh this much for being so bad. I'd feel bad for Visual Concepts and 2K and WWE, but fuck 'em. They put themselves in this mess by still putting out another game this year when it was clear they should have taken a year off.

I always think back to when UFC 2 had a ton of problems and UFC and whoever at THQ made the call to not do the game yearly so they could get it right.

• Like 1