DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K20

Just now, The Natural said:

Game with Gold?

When you have Gold membership with Xbox Live, they put up two games a month that you can download for free.

In theory it's kinda dumb since you HAVE to have Gold membership in order to access multiplayer, so it's a requirement if you're going to play MMOs or FPSs

• Thanks 1

Just now, J.T. said:

When you have Gold membership with Xbox Live, they put up two games a month that you can download for free.

In theory it's kinda dumb since you HAVE to have Gold membership in order to access multiplayer, so it's a requirement if you're going to play MMOs or FPSs

Cheers friend.

So if I understand the career story that was posted here and Bix on Twitter, they are getting ideas from the South Park episode where Cartman got revenge on a bully by making him eat his parents by accident?  I mean even Russo wouldn't have thought of a story line designed to kill their mom.   Also given Smackdown last week, I now believe that it is Bayley doing the voiceovers for the kid 

The screen shots remind of me those wrestler shirts where they are showing 9 different emotions and they are all the same.  

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 1

At this point the best thing would be to delay the game a couple months to refine..well...everything.  I know it's not easy to do but if the Sonic movie got delayed to fix design issues then might as well do it for this game also.  But that's not going to happen so while they have been dealt a shitty hand this is what they have to present.  Which is a shame because part of me still wants to rent it to see the wacky shit they've put into this.  Death by book for example?  Sure, why not.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

They wont do that because they want to coast this year, so next year they can really phone it in and blame it on switching generations, just like this year they're going to blame it on Yukes leaving

What sucks is 2K19 was kind of alright.  If this was a game that actually built on shit in that one instead of fucking it up more, I'd probably end up getting it.

• Like 5

Yeah, what kills me about this series in general is the way good features get dropped instead of continuously improving. Like, I'm pretty sure the original Smackdown vs Raw in 2004 let you pick a specific "reversal style" for each wrestler show you wouldn't have Big Show backflipping out of moves or Spike Dudley muscling through them. As far as I'm aware, no version in the ensuing fifteen years has had this feature. Has the technology to do this been lost to the ages or something?

DenkOps has the first hour or so of MyCareer. I like the idea in theory, but the execution is just really fucking horrible.

Here be spoilers. But it's nothing major, just something funny.

Spoiler

The Rock is President in 2029, and Glenn Jacobs ran against him.

Edited by Casey
  • Haha 1

They've been patching that bug out then letting it reappear again for a couple of years now I think

Lmao at the ref scratching his ass

The pin counts that do happen suck too though, they're slow and uneven and they don't have a satisfying mat thwack and the ref voice sample is thin and disembodied sounding and the crowd doesn't pop for near falls or chant along in time properly

Re-record your voice samples of people shouting out numbers 2k! Fire Pro can do a decent 1-2-OHHH you should too!

• Like 1

On 10/14/2019 at 8:10 PM, supremebve said:

I want to play a wrestling game from time to time, but there hasn't been a single "Improvement" that I thought was vital since probably the PS2.  It's just the same exact game every single year.

I picked up 2K19 a few months back having not played a wrestling games since Smackdown VS Raw 2006. I have enjoyed it for the most part but the weirdest thing for me? The designs or misc designs in CAW (like shapes etc) are the exact same ones from Smackdown Shut Your Mouth which came out on PS2 in about 2002. I couldn't believe it ?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BurningBeard said:

I picked up 2K19 a few months back having not played a wrestling games since Smackdown VS Raw 2006. I have enjoyed it for the most part but the weirdest thing for me? The designs or misc designs in CAW (like shapes etc) are the exact same ones from Smackdown Shut Your Mouth which came out on PS2 in about 2002. I couldn't believe it ?

Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth was released in 2002. After numerous attempts I was able to connect my PS2 to my HD Ready TV in April and I've had a blast playing Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain and Smackdown vs. RAW 2006 for the first time since 2007.

Edited by The Natural

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/10/wwe_2k20_looks_like_an_unmitigated_disaster_on_ps4

The word is that when Visual Concepts took full control of the series, it had to rebuild a bunch of systems and mechanics; the popular Create-a-Championship mode will not be patched in until after release, for example. Frankly, it feels like the series should have taken a year off; wrestling games have been bad for a while, but this is next level terrible from what we’ve seen.

• Like 2