DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K20

I'm laughing so hard at how bad this looks. Looks aren't everything and the gameplay matters more, but it's really weird to take this much of a step backwards.

There's so much to laugh about here like the plastic hair, Liv looking like she's having an allergic reaction to shellfish, the amount of wrestlers that are cross-eyed, etc. I don't think I've seen a big wrestling game look this silly since the first WWE Raw game for the Xbox where all of the wrestlers walked like they took a shit in their pants.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2019 at 7:36 PM, Ace said:

I'mma wait until it hits half price on Black Friday.

Every year around Christmas Target has a buy 2 get 1 free sale.  The only time I buy one of these games is if there isn't a 3rd game I really want when I pick my first two.  I want to play a wrestling game from time to time, but there hasn't been a single "Improvement" that I thought was vital since probably the PS2.  It's just the same exact game every single year.  I honestly think the Universe mode is the biggest dropped ball of all.  Are you telling me that none of these programmers have ever played TEW?  Set it up so you can set up as many feuds as you want, push the guys you want to push, and generally play the game like a promoter.  You should be able to play a wrestling game like NCAA Football (which you can't play, but still).  If you want to take the current roster, and promote it as is, it would be like playing as a 5-star school with all the advantages.  But you should be able to create your own, 1-star promotion filled with create-a-wrestlers and try to compete with the WWE.  If and when you start competing, you have to worry about them raiding you for talent and doing shady business practices.  I may be in the minority, but I've never enjoyed any of their  "Story" missions.  I've got to the point where I don't even click on them.  

Lmao at their cynical preorder bonus being a load of thrown together gaga shit headed by a character that ended up DOA because Vince can't book and Bray can't wrestle

This looks...remarkably bad, and most of the additions seem like they were made by people who don't like wrestling, to appeal to youtubers who don't like wrestling

And they took out the ability to make the AEW title, which was probably more out of ineptitude than spite

Can u imagine the sheer scale of the day one bugs

3 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I take back all of the bad things I said because they included the original Tombstone with both legs on the one side. Lots of Okada moves too.

The actual new moves mostly look great! There's even an Okada-y tilt a whirl tombstone!

I will talk shit about this then end up buying it when it's pathetically cheap and fastidiouly update the bad movesets of downloaded edits, without ever remembering to actually wrestle a match!

Screw you guys, I'm looking forward to it. Yes, a lot of the graphics look really, really bad, but not all of them. Not having create-a-champion at release is indefensible. And literally no one asked for them to fuck with the controls.

But will I create a stable of zombie wrestlers led by '91 Undertaker, and use the Necronomicon against them? Yes. Yes, I will. I will also use Ribbie as my go-to for jobber matches, before inexplicably giving him a push as Hardcore champion. (The empty arena match against Lawler is going to be lit.) I'm still going to have fun with it.