DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K20

6 hours ago, The Natural said:

EGr_7HXX4AAbROz?format=jpg&name=small

Who is in the middle on the top row and who is all the way on the left in the bottom row?

Also, these have to be Switch graphics. There's no way this could be on the PS4 or Xbox One. 

Edited by Craig H

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

Who is in the middle on the top row and who is all the way on the left in the bottom row?

Also, these have to be Switch graphics. There's no way this could be on the PS4 or Xbox One. 

Ric Flair and Trish Stratus.

Wow.

Well, again, if the gameplay is amazing and this is like the second coming of No Mercy or something then I'm not going to give a shit how the wrestlers look as long as there aren't other weird physics or clipping issues.

However, considering the biggest change was to remap the reversal button to triangle then my hopes aren't very high.

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

This will apparently be the last Yukes game, so I don’t expect the gameplay to improve.

Misconception. Yukes didn't work on this and VC owns the engine. It's literally never going to change until VC creates a new engine.

17 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Is there any chance they will change things?

I doubt it. NBA 2K hasn't changed except for moving more towards monetization on a $60 game and doing more with story mode.

As we've all stated multiple times, there's zero incentive for 2K to change what they're doing with the WWE series as long as people keep buying it. 

This year you're seeing a hit in graphics, probably physics too, because they parted ways with Yukes and then hired a lot of new employees making for probably way too much turnover for a yearly game. So something was going to take a hit and so far it's how visually appealing it is.

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

I doubt it. NBA 2K hasn't changed except for moving more towards monetization on a $60 game and doing more with story mode.

As we've all stated multiple times, there's zero incentive for 2K to change what they're doing with the WWE series as long as people keep buying it. 

This year you're seeing a hit in graphics, probably physics too, because they parted ways with Yukes and then hired a lot of new employees making for probably way too much turnover for a yearly game. So something was going to take a hit and so far it's how visually appealing it is.

This is a shame to hear though it makes sense considered how WWE games were depressing Yukes enough that they wanted to make their own wrestling game again to improve their spirits.