DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K20

On 10/4/2019 at 9:43 AM, Craig H said:

Can't watch that video.

Anyway, is it me or do the graphics really look like shit this year?

Here you go:

On 10/4/2019 at 9:43 AM, Craig H said:

Anyway, is it me or do the graphics really look like shit this year?

Yes.

19 minutes ago, Casey said:

The graphics look like shit, you say? NBA 2K20 and WWE 2K20 is made by the same people, just published by a different branch of 2K... and...

i4da1sfpnfr31.jpg?width=809&auto=webp&s=

Yeah, wow.

Yowie wowie. Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain and Smackdown vs. RAW 2006 has better graphics than THAT. Likely better gameplay as well.

Edited by The Natural

On 9/26/2019 at 8:00 PM, Eivion said:

Never really used Universe Mode before. Sounds like decent changes. Was hoping to hear they made improvements to CAW/CAS, but nothing so far.

I've only just got 2K19 and let me tell you, universe mode is a black hole where time disappears. I run three shows under my own promotion banner (IWA, IWA Japan and a squash show on Saturday) and I've gotten to the point of keeping track of results, title changes, feuds and potentially storylines on a spreadsheet.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is don't ever play universe mode.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Casey said:

The graphics look like shit, you say? NBA 2K20 and WWE 2K20 is made by the same people, just published by a different branch of 2K... and...

The graphics have roughly been the same for a decade now. Its more about the level of detail they put into faces each year where they always get lazy with a good half of the roster. They have needed an upgrade badly for years now.

1 hour ago, Tromatagon said:

You spend hours making shit the way you like and then hours seeing the game screw it up because you didn't do it the way they want you to do it.

Still though my ECW revival is pretty dope.

Word.  The first major feud for my WHC was Cactus v Vader which culminated in a last man standing match... which the computer decided wouldn't be contested under the 10 count rule and would just be like any other match ending in pinfall. I almost rage quit there and then. I've given up on playing the promos and just simulate them as I've learned that lesson too.

Riddle and Mia Yim confirmed today, none of the other reveals are anything important or new

and they changed the reversal button to triangle so good luck with that.  That's your streamlined new controls.  They didn't add or change anything else other than the Universe mode stuff they talked about and making a female mycareer.  There's an interview with Denkops if you want to really hate everyone involved:

"We hear what you wanted, we just don't want to do shit."

I don't think I'm getting this

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Man, the graphics in that My Career trailer look fucking awful. It's really weird to see how much a step back all of the textures and faces took this year. The face on the woman in the My Career thing alone is ghastly.

It's abundantly clear that this year was phoned in considering the turnover with development teams. Oh well.

Next year will the excuse be that the new consoles are coming out so what's the point? Or will they release a version for the new machines with all the features stripped out like they did with this generation?