DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K20

30 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

This is no All Stars.  But yeah, I think you can get it for like $35 at Walmart and we are in kind of a dry spell for new shit for like two months unless I'm forgetting some dope imminent release

For me, All Stars and early access of Baldur's Gate III. I'm guessing this is $15 of 20 early next year in Canadian monopoly money. 

On 9/21/2020 at 10:31 PM, Eoae said:

Anyone actually playing this?

It seems like another bomb.  I have yet to see a good review.  I'm seen a couple reviews that were amusingly scathing.

Battlegrounds? I play it for like 20 minutes, then switch to something else. It's fun enough, but not super fun like All-Stars was. The move sets are extremely limited. Like, unless I'm missing something with the controls, most characters only have like 5 grapple moves max. I'm working my way through the campaign, but because the gameplay is pretty repetitive and kind of boring, like I said, I only do it for 20 (maybe 30) minutes at a time.

That's not even mentioning some of the bugs, and apparently things like doing certain moves as Jeff Hardy, for instance, crashes the game entirely. But, yeah, it's a bomb I'd say. At least with a current bomb, like Avengers, it could still be salvaged down the line, but I don't see 2K having a team dedicated to improving everything over time and adding new content, etc.

Like I said earlier, at least the game isn't a full $60. For $40, it's acceptable. But it could have been a lot better - the character designs kind of creep me out too.

Hey all, just bought a PS4 Pro last month, downloaded Fire Pro deluxe last night thanks to a 70% off sale and that game is wicked hard to pick up and play. I haven’t gamed in 6 years, was a big fan of Smackdown on PS2 but not so much on PS3. I was going to get WWE 2K20 but heard it wasn’t as good as 2K19 and I should get that instead. Looking for thoughts on that as it seems like it would be much easier to grab a copy of 2K20. Thanks in advance!

Edited by WholeFnMachine

3 hours ago, WholeFnMachine said:

Hey all, just bought a PS4 Pro last month, downloaded Fire Pro deluxe last night thanks to a 70% off sale and that game is wicked hard to pick up and play. I haven’t gamed in 6 years, was a big fan of Smackdown on PS2 but not so much on PS3. I was going to get WWE 2K20 but heard it wasn’t as good as 2K19 and I should get that instead. Looking for thoughts on that as it seems like it would be much easier to grab a copy of 2K20. Thanks in advance!

I have 2K19, and it's a perfectly fine wrestling game.

I haven't played 2K20, so I can't speak from direct experience, but the word of mouth is certainly not good. Its awfulness became a meme shortly after release. Maybe all that is overblown, but I'm not risking my money to find out.

I notice 2K20 is cheaper on Amazon than 2K19; there's probably a good reason for that.

• Like 1

Yeah I played 2K20 and a friend's house a few months ago since he bought it when it dropped down to $17. It's really glitchy. Like more so than most WWE games which have their fair share of glitches when the physics don't match up.

To give you an idea, 2K is sunsetting the 2k20 servers before the 2k19 servers.

You know how in backstage segments on WWE shows, they have their own promotional posters on the walls, as set dressing? On WWE TV shows earlier this year, they videogame ones would be for 2K19, not 20. They probably have Battlegrounds posters now, though. I'm not going to check.

Round 5 of The SuperManch Tournament.  

Featuring “Gi Man” Ryan Crawford vs. Brandon Bones.  In a Fight Pit match.  2/3 in a steel cage, submissions and KOs only.

I would like to point out that the name “Fight Pit” match as some sort of modified cage match was done first in the MVWF.  Just sayin’.

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Anyone good at making show logos for 2k19? I just absolutely cannot get the dimensions right for mine. I think I need to use more padding on the text but I'm pretty limited on mobile.

I’m mostly guilty of taking other people’s stuff off of community creations and repurposing.  I’m not particularly talented.  

But I do understand that wherever my creations land.  I spam my arena with (mostly) the same thing everywhere much like any wrestling league might do when establishing a brand.

3 hours ago, Brandon Bones said:

I’m mostly guilty of taking other people’s stuff off of community creations and repurposing.  I’m not particularly talented.  

But I do understand that wherever my creations land.  I spam my arena with (mostly) the same thing everywhere much like any wrestling league might do when establishing a brand.

Same, right now I'm just using my fed Logo in different colors for each show so that's plastered everywhere

On 9/25/2020 at 2:33 PM, WholeFnMachine said:

On 9/26/2020 at 2:07 AM, WholeFnMachine said:

Thanks everyone, dropped into GameStop after work and picked up 2K19 for $25.

I'm out by two generations of consoles with my Xbox 360. From what I read WWE 2K19 was really good and one to build on which makes WWE 2K20 even worse. My friend, I recommend you look through this thread for the WWE 2K20 screenshots, glitches and bugs. I've been here since September 2005 and it's some of the best things in my time here. The game is "You fucked up!" chant and then some.

Even worse, they've already said the next WWE2K game is going to be current gen only

Even though it'll release a year into next gen.

The NBA game looks absolutely insane though - even in motion.  Sometimes, unless the crowd is in the shot, it's hard to tell that you're not watching a video of real footage in some of the parts of the trailer.

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Like 1

On 10/9/2020 at 1:45 PM, Tromatagon said:

Even worse, they've already said the next WWE2K game is going to be current gen only

Even though it'll release a year into next gen.

What? How could they fuck this up so bad? Usually next gen games are planned out well in advance(especially sports games), and are developed side by side with current gen releases. COVID shouldn’t be blamed for this. This is all poor mismanagement.

• Like 1

Wouldn't the WWE 2K games be more realistic if, whenever you hit a dive to the outside in a match Michael Cole said "Raw rolls on" and then the screen faded to black, and then faded back in with both characters in the ring and your opponent holding you in a chinlock?

Alternatively, they could actually sell advertising space in the games.

• Haha 2