DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K20

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They showed a Battlegrounds trailer at Gamescom 2020 today - during a commercial break, not as one of the featured trailers.

Commentary is by the team of Maura Ranallo and Jerry Lawler.

2020 keeps getting worse by the minute.

• Haha 3

Thinking about it, if you're going to do an over the top arcade game, Mauro and King would probably be your best announcers for it since they're always excited.

Jesus, think about the lines King would have in an Attitude Era game like this. So many terrible "puppies" lines that were avoided.

Brandon Bones died in the ring, months ago at ManchMania.  

Dan Crane (an old rival of Bones) was revealed to be Kid Christians father on the same show.

But now... Bones, using the magical powers of the Shadow King to sacrifice Kid Christian and place his soul in the body of Brandon Clones.  A younger larger and injury free version of Bones.  

Now Crane has assembled his old crew the MVWO for the first time in over ten years.  

Bones (who stole the moniker of the VWA from the 6 original wrestlers from the old NES Pro Wrestling game) has also reunited with his former stable mates Johnny Uppercutt and Franklin Delano Fisticuffs.  

They battle in 6 Man Tag action.  

Edited by Brandon Bones
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not gonna lie, I was curious about Battle Grounds so I bought it.

It's actually pretty fun. There's a few glitches, but so far it's pretty smooth. It's like a sequel to WWE All-Stars. I like the way they did the "campaign" mode, where the story is told through comic book panels. Cage matches are... interesting. You collect money that's on the walls to build up a meter so you can climb over the top. I think my match against Samoa Joe lasted maybe 5 minutes. Highlight so far was throwing Carmella in the crowd and she got attacked by an alligator.

Reminds me of Smash bros, like it's baby's first wrestling game instead of baby's first fighting game and is deeper than it looks but only a select group of hardcore fans will care enough and hopefully they aren't a bunch of pedos like Smash Bros people 

• Haha 1