Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

Recommended Posts

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More info here:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not on this generation of consoles. I like that 2K Showcase is dedicated to the Four Horsewomen. Expect Stephanie McMahon to get acclaimed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if Ciampa makes the cut this time round? Shameful that he wasn't in last year's game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking about that $130 Smackdown edition just so I can sell most of that extra shit (and keep the Supercard stuff).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Natural said:

I wonder if Ciampa makes the cut this time round? Shameful that he wasn't in last year's game.

He's got a figure now so he'll probably be in.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tromatagon said:

He's got a figure now so he'll probably be in.

Yes, but he's only playable for a couple months a year.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Natural said:

I'm not on this generation of consoles. I like that 2K Showcase is dedicated to the Four Horsewomen. Expect Stephanie McMahon to get acclaimed.

This is a first for the women isn't it? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Eivion said:

This is a first for the women isn't it? 

I think that's right.

Edited by The Natural

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping for some improvements to Universe Mode and Create An Arena. I'm an old EWR player from way back so I've been really, really enjoying the creative aspect of the game since I started playing them again a couple years ago. It just really speaks to the kid in me, building stuff out of cardboard for the old Jakks guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I'm hoping for some improvements to Universe Mode and Create An Arena. I'm an old EWR player from way back so I've been really, really enjoying the creative aspect of the game since I started playing them again a couple years ago. It just really speaks to the kid in me, building stuff out of cardboard for the old Jakks guys.

I rather save the money to buy TEW 2020, personally. Or maybe use the money I would get from selling all the extra shit in the Smackdown edition. But still, the point is... if you used to play EWR/know about TEW, the version that's coming next year sounds out of this fuckin' world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raziel said:

Yes, but he's only playable for a couple months a year.

Hopefully he doesn't look like he got sharted on in-game like the action figure does

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Casey said:

I rather save the money to buy TEW 2020, personally. Or maybe use the money I would get from selling all the extra shit in the Smackdown edition. But still, the point is... if you used to play EWR/know about TEW, the version that's coming next year sounds out of this fuckin' world.

I play the last iteration of TEW and it's already insanely fun. Every year really does get better.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Casey said:

I rather save the money to buy TEW 2020, personally. Or maybe use the money I would get from selling all the extra shit in the Smackdown edition. But still, the point is... if you used to play EWR/know about TEW, the version that's coming next year sounds out of this fuckin' world.

 

1 minute ago, jaedmc said:

I play the last iteration of TEW and it's already insanely fun. Every year really does get better.

I actually have never played TEW. I've toyed with the idea but it seems almost too in depth.  How hard is it to add name wrestlers to the save file?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's difficult the first time, but there's a YouTube video that walks you through it. After that, you get used to it and it's easy. I always have more difficulty with the Pictures folder, personally. EWB has a dedicated subforum just for EWR/TEW real world updates, too.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm always tempted to get TEW. Hell, if they had a mobile version, I'd probably play that all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, lots of tutorials for Teedub. TEW or Fire Pro are the best wrestling games on the market. I feel like this series took pretty big strides in 2K's second and third years with the engine but have stagnated completely since then. My friend loves them and we do the game sharing on Xbone and PS4 so I end up with it anyway but I rarely play them. 2K Towers was a nice innovation though, I'll give them that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When we got a PS4 we got 2k17. It was okay, but I was kinda surprised about how little WWE games have grown since PS2 days. And in some cases they're worse. Have the career modes been improved?

59 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

 

I actually have never played TEW. I've toyed with the idea but it seems almost too in depth.  How hard is it to add name wrestlers to the save file?

It's pretty much just downloading a zipfile, extracting the folder in the zip file and copying that folder to the Mod folder in the game's directory. Most mods have specific picture packs that they  calibrate their Mod to. So when you download that picture pack and copy the folder into your game's pictures director, the game will automatically grab the right picture. For example, I have a '94 Mod that I play and the game will automatically grab a picture of a young Adam Copeland for Adam Copeland. When he gets hired by WWE and uses the Edge gimmick it changes the picture automatically to something a little more Brood-ish.

It absolutely has a TON of information and options and can be overwhelming at first. Booking the shows is pretty simple, and one could stick to that until they slowly pick up on all the other options. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's also the option for "sandbox" gameplay, which is basically turning TEW into the EWR style gameplay. TEW16 isn't a perfect game, for example you can't really replicate the model of New Japan's touring schedule, but supposedly in 2020 you'll be able to.

But yeah, feel free to bug me if you ever get 16. World Of MMA is fun too, but I haven't played that in a hot minute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the record once TEW 2020 hits the shelves, I’ve always wanted to do a big co-op save with people. I also love the Cornellverse to death, and would love to jump on with some friends on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Casey said:

There's also the option for "sandbox" gameplay, which is basically turning TEW into the EWR style gameplay. TEW16 isn't a perfect game, for example you can't really replicate the model of New Japan's touring schedule, but supposedly in 2020 you'll be able to.

But yeah, feel free to bug me if you ever get 16. World Of MMA is fun too, but I haven't played that in a hot minute.

That's a very cool option to have and definitely sounds like I'll start with that just to ease into it. Maybe I'll make a separate save just for that or something

 

I wasn't playing the 2k games (or really watching much WWE at all) at the time, but I keep seeing people on various forms bringing up GM mode, and how it has to make a comeback. How is it any different from the Universe Mode that's in the game now? I only came back to these with 2k16 or 17 

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM Mode you're basically the booker, playing against the computer or another player. You choose your roster through a draft, you have a set amount of money (and you lose/gain money as time goes on), free agency pool, later GM modes had storyline options for feuds, etc. Xavier Woods & Tyler Breeze have been playing GM Mode from SvR....2006? on Xavier's YouTube channel. You can check that out and see how it differs from the Universe mode we get in 2K.

Universe is basically a bare bones version of that. You can do the draft yourself, and the free agency pool is there if you don't select people to be on the shows, but you aren't directly competing with the other brand(s), just playing those shows' matches and whatnot. I'd liken it to a Season Mode, I guess. Personally, I don't really like this mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...