DVDVR Message Board

The best wrestlers of all time

WHO IS A BETTER IN RING PERFORMER?   

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better wrestler, considering "in ring ability"?

2. 2. Who is the better wrestler, considering "in ring ability"?

3. 3. Who is the better wrestler, considering "in ring ability"?

4. 4. Who is the better wrestler, considering "in ring ability"?

5. 5. Who is the better wrestler, considering "in ring ability"?

Good afternoon. Like last time I opened a poll in which you should compare some of the best wrestlers of all time.

The criteria is exclusively IN RING ABILITY, that includes criteria like storytelling, workrate, in ring psychologhy, selling, versatility, cleaning in the execution of moves, technical skills, high flying skills, brawling skills...

The comparisons are:

-Ric Flair vs Bret Hart

-Kazuchika Okada vs Hiroshi Tanahashi

-Daniel Bryan vs Mitsuharu Misawa

-AJ Styles vs Jumbo Tsuruta

-Shinsuke Nakamura vs Jun Akiyama  

Thank you very much

18 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Whomever is choosing AJ over Jumbo should be banished to the forbidden zone for a month(RSPW).

I'm watching you @The Natural.

They should be made to read a month's worth of Chad Bryant screeds. ?

17 hours ago, francescofuoco1998 said:

Good afternoon. Like last time I opened a poll in which you should compare some of the best wrestlers of all time.

The criteria is exclusively IN RING ABILITY, that includes criteria like storytelling, workrate, in ring psychologhy, selling, versatility, cleaning in the execution of moves, technical skills, high flying skills, brawling skills...

The comparisons are:

-Ric Flair vs Bret Hart

-Kazuchika Okada vs Hiroshi Tanahashi

-Daniel Bryan vs Mitsuharu Misawa

-AJ Styles vs Jumbo Tsuruta

-Shinsuke Nakamura vs Jun Akiyama  

Thank you very much

•  

Good to see you back, my friend! Are you as enthused about the potential of AEW as most of us in the US are?

15 minutes ago, francescofuoco1998 said:

Hi John, how are you?

Yes I'm really enthused about AEW.  I look forward to the first episode on TNT. I really hope that they will grow fast.

Doing well, busy packing for our move to a new place that's about a mile away, but much nicer. It's actually next door to where we used to live, it's the largest of three units in a triplex and has a washer/dryer hook-up so no more trips to the damn laundromat. ?  However, packing up over 5000 books is quite a pain in the ass.

• Like 1

Picking up one book, you kind of forget that paper is made of wood. Picking up a big box of books, you realise it's basically a box shaped solid wooden log.

31 minutes ago, AxB said:

Picking up one book, you kind of forget that paper is made of wood. Picking up a big box of books, you realise it's basically a box shaped solid wooden log.

True dat! The nice thing is that I found a box with about a dozen books in it that I forgot I had, included in the box are three signed copies of Dark Sanctuary by H.B. Gregory which retail for around $750-$1000 each, two copies of the John Wyndham collection No Place Like Earth $300-$500. The rest of the stuff atr in the $50-$75 range which is certainly better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, but I was totally jazzed to find  the three Gregory books.  I was the publisher of that edition, we only did 500 copies and I shipped a case of 24 to the UK and back for Mr. Gregory to sign, (which he did). He was already 92 at the time (2001) and passed away the next year. He has to rate as one of the most difficult signatures in modern horror fiction to obtain as the first edition of the book (1940)  was limited to just 400 copies, but only about a dozen made it into circulation before a buzz-bomb destroyed the warehouse where the remaining copies were stored. There's one copy on ABEBOOKS.COM asking price of $10,000.00 USD. Of that first edition, Mr. Gregory only got two copies and the publisher ended up asking for one back to try and sell rights for a US edition and it was never returned. That's what you call a rare book.

The scary thing is that so far all I've done are the autographed paperbacks and left over Midnight House inventory, I haven't even started on the collection proper yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I voted draw for those I wouldn’t know about.

I voted for Bret over Flair but it’s closer than people might remember. I think I mentioned it in another thread recently but Flair was smooth on the mat for a long time, and he did a ton of other moves for a long time. And he was ace at it. His prime was until 1987, with the last 3 freaking years of it being somewhat sabotaged by only wrestling Dusty, Nikita, and Ronnie.