DVDVR Message Board

NXT - AUGUST 2019

RIPPA

Ricky Shane Page popping up on a WWE video is pretty random.

Given all the talent currently in NXT -- if they move to a live show every week on FS1, just take the bigger names on the road and leave the other developing talent working the Florida circuit as they are doing now and just keep taping a lower level NXT show with the undeveloped talent and just have those guys move up to the bigger NXT whenever the other folks move up to the main roster.

That way you keep folks continuously developing and at least you are still providing weekly content for the Network.

Edited by Edwin

I was watching some stuff from last year. Is it weird that Almas’s run as champion is my favorite in the history of the show? Great matches, looked like a star, Vegas was money. Way too short a run.

And I say weird because while he was my favorite title holder, and while I feel like the Gargano match was a legitimate five star classic, I feel like it was that exact match that was kind of the downfall for the whole main event scene. Like they’ve been trying to get to that level again but it’s just pure masturbatory nonsense. Compare any of Gargano’s main event matches with Almas/Black, which while having some of the go-go-go no-selling stuff at the end was still extremely good and coherent.

Almas held that stuff together in a way that Gargano (and Ciampa and Cole) just can’t I think. Its time to move on from this style and have Keith Lee squash Cole for the belt or something. 

But yeah champion Almas was fantastic .

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

Fair question, but if all you watch is NXT, Hulu has that and 205Live and 90 minute, next day Raw and Smackdowns and is cheaper.

I just need to procure some DVDs of WCW shows so I can revisit my childhood memories from time to time.

On 8/12/2019 at 4:39 PM, Go2Sleep said:

So, without NXT, what exactly does the network offer?

You can watch NXT (including Takeovers) on Hulu. So really, you don’t need the Network at all. 

Oops! Johnny Law beat me to it. 

Edited by Log
  • Like 1

On 8/9/2019 at 1:08 PM, nofuture said:

A 90 minute show would be the sweet spot between not enough time and overexposure, but obviously it's not a possible option.

I've always thought someone should do a 90 minute live show with a 30 minute studio show lead-in. Take some of the longer form web content they create, do sit down interviews, recap the week, hype up the show. Basically a better version of the PPV pre-shows, with the filler that makes the two hour shows drag pulled out and put in a better context.

22 minutes ago, Casey said:

Kendo Kashin is officially a PC trainer now, too.

They didn't already have a "half ass the match and throw a tantrum backstage when you job" coach?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, PB-13 said:

Santana started her training and career in my area and I knew her dad(RIP). Super cool to see her get this opportunity.

El Hijo Del Fantasma may be in that class as well.

He is- for some reason they never announced him with the others. He speaks perfect English so there's no language barrier for him... in a perfect world he gets over huge.