DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2019 - AUGUST

Dolfan in NYC

I love it. The name on Dodgers IF Jedd Gyrko's jersey is Jerk-Store.

I don't think the black and white uniforms are that bad. It has an Eight Men Out/Field of Dreams feel to it.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

LOL Orioles.

New York Supreme Court Confirms nearly $300 million judgement against them over MASN rights with the nationals.

Oh, and says "You gotta pay interest as well"

https://awfulannouncing.com/mlb/judge-rules-in-favor-of-nationals-in-rights-fee-dispute-with-orioles-orders-masn-to-pay-out-296-8-million.html

This to go with you know, being one of the worst teams in baseball

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SirFozzie said:

LOL Orioles.

New York Supreme Court Confirms nearly $300 million judgement against them over MASN rights with the nationals.

Oh, and says "You gotta pay interest as well"

https://awfulannouncing.com/mlb/judge-rules-in-favor-of-nationals-in-rights-fee-dispute-with-orioles-orders-masn-to-pay-out-296-8-million.html

This to go with you know, being one of the worst teams in baseball

and of course, the Chris Davis contract

In 2016, the Orioles signed Davis to a seven-year, $161 million contract, with $42 million deferred from 2032-2037. 

Just awful.

Update

Multiple sources indicated that the Los Angeles Dodgers asked for permission to wear their traditional uniforms for this weekend’s inter-league series against the New York Yankees, according to Yahoo! Sports. They were refused.

Edited by odessasteps

And for a dude that is evading police for a triple homicide, this video of them chasing him is pretty goddamn stupid. Some old ass cop can't stop this guy even though he's barley jogging, not really being evasive, and the cop maces him and tries to hit him with an ASP. Fucking guy is suspected of killing two grown women, a child and a dog, and this Keystone Kops shit is what we get?

https://nypost.com/2019/08/27/see-it-naked-triple-homicide-suspect-leads-cops-on-wild-foot-chase/

Anyway, go to be drug-induced psychosis, I would assume. Or some kind of earthshaking breakdown / mental health issue. So fucking sad.

The Royals are going to be sold for a little more than a billion dollars

The new owner - John Sherman - is a local and former season ticket owner (he is a current minority owner of the Indians which clearly he will sell) so that sure ensure the team stays in KC for awhile

Oh and they are about to get a new TV deal

So in theory - maybe KC will spend some money unlike what David Glass wanted to do

I know this kid wasn't on the MLB roster, but I feel like this is something we all should see. He's putting on a hell of a strong showing for a guy that just had a huge part of his life ripped away from him. I hope all the best in the world for him.

Edited by grilledcheese
  • Sad 2

The Arizona Diamondbacks are amazing at being average.

In a strange Major League Baseball record that's the epitome of OK, the Diamondbacks have been within two games of .500 -- plus or minus -- for more than two months. They lost to the Colorado Rockies on June 18 to fall to 38-36 and have remained a middle-of-the-road club since.

The 60-game streak has beaten the Oakland A's mark of 56 straight games set in 2007, according to Stats LLC.

If whomever supplied him was an employee of the Angels as the article suggests, that person can kiss their job goodbye. Plus, they'd probably be looking at involuntary manslaughter charges.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

22 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If whomever supplied him was an employee of the Angels as the article suggests, that person can kiss their job goodbye. Plus, they'd probably be looking at involuntary manslaughter charges.

I take oxy daily for my back and knees (I like being able to walk, I've been doing it for a long time); you have to be crazy to mix that shit with alcohol, to say nothing of the Fentanyl. That's some nasty shit, even emergency room doctors are reluctant to use it. Last time I was in ER they gave me ketamine instead, best fucking high I've ever had...

CC Sabathia has most likely thrown his last pitch.

He went back on the IL after leaving yesterday's game after only 3 innings.

When asked how bad the pain was on a scale of 1-10 was he said 10.

I guess maybe they will try to get him back out there for like the last day of the season but there is no way he is going to be on the postseason roster

• RIPPA locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic