DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2019 WRESTLING GIFS.

9 minutes ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

No, someone had the bright idea that that move can lead to a double pin...

To be fair to the bookers, Becky Lynch has what is known in the medical community as a “Pancake Ass”. So Sasha is getting a face full of tailbone. That’s like somebody taking a gym sock full of rocks, and cold clocking you in the jaw with it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

I thought Santino couldn't take bumps anymore cuz of his neck?

13 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Considering how little Santino bumped back in America, I doubt he did any. All he has to do is the splits and the Cobra and yuck it up... that's all he ever had to do matter of fact. And the judo thing was probably just a vacation.

He must be doing well enough that he's been added to Josh Barnett's Bloodsport show under his real name (Anthony Carelli), which would seem to indicate he won't do any shtick at all. (Just cracked up picturing him working a "funny bone" injury that prevents him from doing any comedy spots.)

Pfff I'd take Santino ripping on Stone Cold and The Condemened for weeks as well as the HONKAMETER over anything that would have happened had he kept the MMA gimmick. Greatest comedy worker of all time

Edited by CreativeControl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

One time I was hanging with Santino/Anthony and he was absolutely burying Nikita Koloff's Russian accent and saying how much better his was as Boris lol. He's a real good dude and I'm so happy that he's having such a great life post WWE. His gym is doing great and one of his trainees just got a NXT contract. He's having a blast being a dad again with a young son and his daughter is training to be a pro wrestler (I think that she got a look while WWE was up here for Summerslam weekend). And now it looks like he's healthy enough to do indy shots here and there. Good for him.

• Like 6

He can work a Bloodsport match without bumping at all. He runs a training school, I'm sure he gets involved in some capacity in the ring.

11 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

Remember when Heyman tried to make him Taz 2.0 in OVW way back when?

I would love to see AEW do something like that for Rusev if he ends up going there once his 'E contract is up. Hell, that was like the prototype for Alexander Rusev.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2019 at 11:47 AM, CreativeControl said:

Pfff I'd take Santino ripping on Stone Cold and The Condemened for weeks as well as the HONKAMETER over anything that would have happened had he kept the MMA gimmick. Greatest comedy worker of all time

Really?
I mean... really?
I can think of like 5 comeedy workers that make Santino look pretty awful

James

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Is that Ibushi? 

Also: IRON CHICKEN

Yep.

DDT Wrestling Cannoball 2014 in Ofunato
19. November 2014 @ Citizen Gymnasium in Ofunato, Iwate (Japan)
HARASHIMA, Kota Ibushi and Danshoku Dino defeated Minoru Suzuki, Sanshiro Takagi and Jun Kasai

On 8/27/2019 at 10:52 AM, CreativeControl said:

Remember when Heyman tried to make him Taz 2.0 in OVW way back when?

This is pretty neat. Those strikes looked horrendous, but those throws more than made up for it. We defo. need more judoka Santino. Hope he can put these on display at Bloodsport.