DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2019 WRESTLING GIFS.

29 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Bischoff in the nWo was so stupid. It made DiBiase completely irrelevant. He was such a mark who was desperate to be one of the boys. Fuck Eric Bischoff, former coffee gofer for Verne Gagne.

I thought it worked really well. The heel authority figure was fresh and a huge shock as a kid. It made the nWo even more of a power and also allowed for their dominance to make more sense than just "DiBiase bought this airtime," which worked initially but after the first little bit wouldn't have made sense ("it's not worth it!"). Plus, he was a magnificent smug bastard and fit in with the nWo's style way better than old man DiBiase, who was still in million dollar man mode which was more or less anachronistic, similar to Hogan's promos he was cutting in those initial black and white commercials before Nash and Hall tried to shift his presentation.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I thought it worked really well. The heel authority figure was fresh and a huge shock as a kid. It made the nWo even more of a power and also allowed for their dominance to make more sense than just "DiBiase bought this airtime," which worked initially but after the first little bit wouldn't have made sense ("it's not worth it!"). Plus, he was a magnificent smug bastard and fit in with the nWo's style way better than old man DiBiase, who was still in million dollar man mode which was more or less anachronistic, similar to Hogan's promos he was cutting in those initial black and white commercials before Nash and Hall tried to shift his presentation.

It also got Eric out of commentary full time. Which most fans were happy about.

Although I thought he was really good at doing the breaking news stuff that Nitro pioneered.

Count me as someone who actually like Bischoff best as a heel boss.  I'd work for heel Vince before heel Bischoff.  Heel Vince wants to present his company in a certain image and his employees keep doing borderline psychopathic shit in public.  Heel Bischoff actually sides with the psychopaths.  Fuck that, I'm just trying to get my paycheck and go home, I don't need my boss empowering the crazy people.

5 hours ago, Whodathunkit said:

Image result for wrestling botch gif

If the Rock hits you, he'll kill you. And if he misses, the wind of the punch will give you pneumonia and you'll die anyway.

14 hours ago, AxB said:

This guy can't get a US Visa? I'd say he's demonstrating a unique skill or two at points in this video.

I would be interested to see this match, because I believe all the footage in that clip is from one of those "[this country]'s Got Talent"-style shows, where the performers do an acrobatic routine with a pro wrestling theme, as opposed to a Cirque du Soleil/gymnastic/movie stunt/martial art/wushu dressing. If he is put with the right vet, he can be made to look good but if Princey has no ring experience he can't carry the match on high kicks. Moves=/=the match, the map is not the territory, don't get me started (shakes fist at cloud)...

- RAF

5 hours ago, Pete said:

I don't remember this one from Total Divas, but I do remember Paige grabbing Big E's pecs during a backstage segment on the show. And there was a storyline where Nattie didn't like Paige getting too handsy in matches.

Young shithead Paige was a great reality TV character. I'm glad she doing better in life though (neck issues aside). That's kind of the missing element from the show, everyone is too well behaved so they have to make them go on these BS trips to generate some drama.