DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2019 WRESTLING GIFS.

On 8/17/2019 at 6:47 PM, Eivion said:

There is something just a little annoying about Asuka handing receipts considering the shit she was doing for a good year or so when she first started leaning towards her current style. In general though both Asuka and Kairi come from a place where they definitely hit hard on occasion so its probably best not to push that with them unless you are willing to go all the way with it.

That's wrestling, though: people are often quick to hand out receipts but won't admit when they themselves have earned some. When I dropped the Thrash Title to our top young guy, Camaro Cope, back in April...I accidentally opened the match with a punch that was way too stiff. He looked at me and I said, "go ahead, I earned it," and he smoked me one. The rest of the match was fucking aces.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Phil4126 said:

I was in the fourth row for this!

Nice one! In Your House 17: Ground Zero with Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker and Bret Hart vs. The Patriot. Believe it was the first In Your House to air in the UK to go with the the Big Five.

5 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Jumbo is so light as a feather in the early 80’s. It takes Tenryu, and Misawa’s punk ass to make him start handing out receipts to these fuckers.

fne7ii82u5nz.gif

Kobashi in white boots looks so damn weird, which really illustrates what a great job AJPW did of color association with the Four Pillars.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Kobashi in white boots looks so damn weird, which really illustrates what a great job AJPW did of color association with the Four Pillars.

I still think he looks weird in the black Noah trunks.  It is like if Steve Austin stopped wearing black trunks and started wearing Kobashi's bright ass orange trunks, I'd never get used to it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I still think he looks weird in the black Noah trunks.  It is like if Steve Austin stopped wearing black trunks and started wearing Kobashi's bright ass orange trunks, I'd never get used to it.

Black trunks with purple decorations was my introduction to Kenta Kobashi. From that,  I went to orange clad Kenta Kobashi. Quite the difference.

Kenta Kobashi in orange is the definitive version to me. Kobashi teaming with Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Toshiaki Kawada/Akira Taue on the 6th of June 1995, that might be the greatest wrestling match of all time. Masterpiece. The classics vs. Misawa in January 1997 and October 1998.

I love Kenta Kobashi.

• Like 1